Spurs vs Chelsea. 6 Nov 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The fact that I have now had multiple texts from non-spurs mates saying I should be proud is telling. I will give you a text from one of my more eloquent mates:

"Organisation levels with 9 men absolutely superb. Chelsea so so so bad since being being two men up...

They've done the club proud tonight (apart from the two idiotic reds) but everyone else and the fans (who were unreal) you are becoming a proper side. Big Ange is a genius?"

Wouldn't give chelsea a 2nd thought. Low IQ fans and should feel privileged they were allowed in a class place. Says it all they call part of their ground 'the shed'. Basically a place where you store all your crap.

I never chose either, what I'm getting at is why are you letting yourself get so worked up about it? If you didn't choose, why are you so stressed about us winning trophies and titles? That's never been what Spurs has been about. We will play our way no matter what the cost, and if we win, we will win in style, lose in style too. Ange is the closest thing we have to a physical embodiment of the core values of this club, why not take this loss in stride and enjoy the ride while it lasts?
Are you not sick of just enjoying a ride..that if your honest always ends the same way...why would you keep wanting to get on the same ride that you know the outcome of...when I was a kid tottenham did win, this let's play good football and just enjoy it, is a loosers mentality and something we need to rid ourselves of, or we really will never win.

The fact that I have now had multiple texts from non-spurs mates saying I should be proud is telling. I will give you a text from one of my more eloquent mates:

"Organisation levels with 9 men absolutely superb. Chelsea so so so bad since being being two men up...

They've done the club proud tonight (apart from the two idiotic reds) but everyone else and the fans (who were unreal) you are becoming a proper side. Big Ange is a genius?"
True.

I just wish it wasn’t those cunts.

Well. That was bad, for many reasons, but the atmosphere was amazing and we played our absolute hearts out.

We had to lose at some point, but I just hope that any injuries aren't serious.

Well done to the lads - they gave it their all.

I'm full of pride COYS.

Much longer than a month with that mate. His reaction tells it’s a bad one and he couldn’t walk. That’s grade 3 stuff right there which is 6 to 8 weeks minimum or maybe surgery. If it’s surgery we might not see him again this season. It’s a disaster to lose him as he pivotal to how high we play. His injury has gutted me the most tonight.

Yep it looked bad. I’m not hopeful at all. We are pretty fucked without him. Losing Romero for 3 games was manageable but VDV injured long term is utter shit.

Has to be a time clock soon on VAR decisions. The pricks in the office at st George's park need to liven up on their decision making. Can see one day the ref just controlling everything on his smart watch.

I left before injury time as had to catch my train home. But I can’t help but think romero’s red was unlucky. If they allow that goal I wonder if he gets the red card.

Van der ven will be a bigger miss than Romero.
I absolutely thought they’d allow the goal (it was a great strike in fairness) & “as you were boys” - maybe with a word to the captains about the teams getting a bit edgy with each other.
But the letter of the law was applied and we can’t complain. It wasn’t a harsh red in my view. Cuti plays on the edge and he went over the edge tonight. There was some malice in the follow through after he won the ball and his studs were up.
I feel sorry for the lads who fought so brilliantly for the rest of the game (even Udogie who was so desperate to get to the ball that he ended up with that second yellow).
Poor old Vic though. That was some next level performance. Absolutely did not deserve to have 4 put past him.

Can't remember being this proud of the team.
Nine players held on so well and still managed to create chances.
I doff my cap to Dier (not a favourite of mine) who, despite being very much an outsider so far this season, came on and played a blinder.
Vic was incredible and didn't deserve to have four put past him.
PEH showed real passion and ability.
I hope that this defeat actually galvanises this squad.
They have a real greatness that can take us onwards and upwards.
Ange showed his class (yet again) in his post match interview. I bloody love the bloke.
TTID.

Back
Top Bottom