Spam vs Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Come on lads...lay off the Spammers. They won the World Cup in 1966 you know.

It's a little embarrassing but I didn't realise Alf Ramsey had been a Spurs player for the vast majority of his career, because he's more commonly associated with Ipswich.

Still, whatever, thanks West Ham for winning the World Cup.

:adethumbup:

Anybody drinking near the OS tonight? Im gonna drink near st pancras/kings x and head there about 7pm and booze in the concourse I reckon. No ale at HT though apparently!

Heading off for work shortly; will be elsewhere during the game so I'm hoping for a smile on my face when I see the result. First match in yonks I haven't been able to watch in one form or another.

COYS!!!

I look at West Ham and I just don't feel any rivalry with them. They are never up our end of the table. They've never been in the CL and never will be. They can't even make it to the Europa League proper. They've spent time in the Championship. I remember when we took Defoe off them, there was nothing they could do because we were a team a division above them and they wanted to keep their top scorer. And when we took Scotty Parker off them, after he won the writer's player of the year award, they were in the same division but at the same time not; the premier league contains it's own sub divisions and they are simply not anywhere near us. They were unable to resist.

I mean, they have 37 points. 37! Imagine what that must be like. In May. It's unthinkable for us. The lowest we ever finished in the prem was 15th, and the lowest points we ever got was 44 when we finished 14th. 44 was shocking at the time, it was an anomaly season. They probably won't reach those heady heights this season and that is normal for them. We had two more points than they have right now by game week 19; that was in the last calendar year.

You look at their facilities and compare them to ours, their stadium and compare to ours (even our current WHL let alone the new one), their owners and ours, their squad and ours, their badge and ours...everything, the contrast is shocking.

West Ham are obsessed with us, genuinely. They want to be us, desperately. They just can't think of anything else. I went out with a girl once and after a while I realized she was a bit weird and not really in my league. A week or two after breaking up with her, I came home from work and found her in my house. I genuinely do not know how that even happened as I had locked it. She had tidied up my whole house, poached me some salmon and tarted herself up. The desperation was dripping off her. After getting over the surprise I sat her down and explained that I had my own life which she wasn't a part of anymore and nice girl though she was she had to forget me and move on. I wouldn't change my mind and let her hang out with me any more. I told her I would call the police if I found her in my house again. I gave her the hard fucking she desperately wanted and sent her home. Now, this comes to mind because it is exactly like West Ham. They are desperate and pathetic, and they really need to focus on themselves and sort themselves out not obsess about us.

West Ham are not our rivals. They are cringe. Cringe is funny, it gets some attention for that reason. I enjoy beating them because they are cringe and cringe should be destroyed with fire. Tonight, we will destroy them with fire.

I look at West Ham and I just don't feel any rivalry with them. They are never up our end of the table. They've never been in the CL and never will be. They can't even make it to the Europa League proper. They've spent time in the Championship. I remember when we took Defoe off them, there was nothing they could do because we were a team a division above them and they wanted to keep their top scorer. And when we took Scotty Parker off them, after he won the writer's player of the year award, they were in the same division but at the same time not; the premier league contains it's own sub divisions and they are simply not anywhere near us. They were unable to resist.

I mean, they have 37 points. 37! Imagine what that must be like. In May. It's unthinkable for us. The lowest we ever finished in the prem was 15th, and the lowest points we ever got was 44 when we finished 14th. 44 was shocking at the time, it was an anomaly season. They probably won't reach those heady heights this season and that is normal for them. We had two more points than they have right now by game week 19; that was in the last calendar year.

You look at their facilities and compare them to ours, their stadium and compare to ours (even our current WHL let alone the new one), their owners and ours, their squad and ours, their badge and ours...everything, the contrast is shocking.

West Ham are obsessed with us, genuinely. They want to be us, desperately. They just can't think of anything else. I went out with a girl once and after a while I realized she was a bit weird and not really in my league. A week or two after breaking up with her, I came home from work and found her in my house. I genuinely do not know how that even happened as I had locked it. She had tidied up my whole house, poached me some salmon and tarted herself up. The desperation was dripping off her. After getting over the surprise I sat her down and explained that I had my own life which she wasn't a part of anymore and nice girl though she was she had to forget me and move on. I wouldn't change my mind and let her hang out with me any more. I told her I would call the police if I found her in my house again. I gave her the hard fucking she desperately wanted and sent her home. Now, this comes to mind because it is exactly like West Ham. They are desperate and pathetic, and they really need to focus on themselves and sort themselves out not obsess about us.

West Ham are not our rivals. They are cringe. Cringe is funny, it gets some attention for that reason. I enjoy beating them because they are cringe and cringe should be destroyed with fire. Tonight, we will destroy them with fire.

West Ham have gone out of their way to be our rivals so let's just deal with it. Going to be odd now the Boleyn is gone.

You can brag as much as you want. But you have a forum called "the fighting cock" and a badge with a cock on it, results come and go but you can't escape that. hahahaha.

Perhaps you can get Karren Brady to speak to her design team Alan Sugar has her number. Give him a call.

That all you got? We've got a proud fighting cockerel on our badge that is historic and somehow that is a bad thing? Our current badge is recognized as one of the most successful badge redesigns in the league ever. Whiel other clubs have failed and got slatted, including you jokers. And this coming from a West Ham fan who voted to remove the castle from your crest which was linked with your history at Boleyn, because you abandoned it for an athletics track and had London put on to make yourself sound bigger than you are. Yeah, you're London but the smallest London club in the league. Haha, can't wait to read your reply.

The transfer policy between the clubs speaks volumes about the clubs standing with each other.

Players on the up come our way, Martin Peters, Paul Allen, Michael Carrick, Jermain Defoe. Bobby Moore wanted to but was never allowed.

Players in the twilight go the other way, Jimmy Greaves, Rebrov, Chris Hughton.

Should be a cracker tonight, spam will no doubt turn up their performance level, which we should take as a compliment. If we maintain our recent form we should win though, player for player we are the better team, but it's a derby and I am sure we will turn up expecting a battle.

Our big advantage is the ground, the hostile, close quarters of Upton Park is gone, I think this a massive disadvantage to them now as their old ground was one of the few remaining that could generate a great, tense atmosphere.....exactly how a London derby should be.

You can brag as much as you want. But you have a forum called "the fighting cock" and a badge with a cock on it, results come and go but you can't escape that. hahahaha.

Perhaps you can get Karren Brady to speak to her design team Alan Sugar has her number. Give him a call.

Yeah, maybe the ones that "honoured" Billy Bonds for his service with a plastic cut out shirt.
BondsShirt.jpg

:dierno:

The transfer policy between the clubs speaks volumes about the clubs standing with each other.

Players on the up come our way, Martin Peters, Paul Allen, Michael Carrick, Jermain Defoe. Bobby Moore wanted to but was never allowed.

Players in the twilight go the other way, Jimmy Greaves, Rebrov, Chris Hughton.

Should be a cracker tonight, spam will no doubt turn up their performance level, which we should take as a compliment. If we maintain our recent form we should win though, player for player we are the better team, but it's a derby and I am sure we will turn up expecting a battle.

Our big advantage is the ground, the hostile, close quarters of Upton Park is gone, I think this a massive disadvantage to them now as their old ground was one of the few remaining that could generate a great, tense atmosphere.....exactly how a London derby should be.

Spot on. A few recent ones that I can recall:
Kanoute was their top scorer (We took him from them before deciding he wasn't actually good enough)
Defoe was their top scorer (we took him from them)
Zamora was their top scorer (another one of our rejects)

Last edited:
Spot on. A few recent ones that I can recall:
Kanoute was their top scorer (our reject)
Defoe was their top scorer (we took him from them)
Zamora was their top scorer (another one of our rejects)

Yes forgot about them!

Callum Davenport! I think we even loaned him to them, he was utter garbage and they paid us more than what got him for the next season, I don't think he lasted long at Upton park either!!

Back
Top Bottom