Southampton Away (Premier League) - 21/01/18 @4pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Simple fact is we lack and have done for seasons that player that can give us that little bit more in games like this and several other games that we have struggled in. That one player who can produce that single key pass or move that would give us an edge.

Difficult as it was today regarding playing conditions, the result will end up costing us something, somewhere down the line. It always has and always will until we have the finances to add that key player to the team.

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino: "The game was even, we had more possession but we needed to be more aggressive and create more chances, The performance wasn't great but the pitch didn't help.

"You must give credit to the opponent, but I am not happy with our performance. We needed to move the ball quicker and create more, we made a lot of mistakes. The result is the result because football punishes us for not using the ball.

"It is temporary that Southampton are in the relegation zone, for sure they will push up the table. It is two points we are going to miss at the end of the season because it is so tough between six or seven teams.

On possible transfer-window business: "It is not easy to add a player who can help for three months. It is very difficult. For some clubs it is easier but it is not easy for us."

So United, Woolwich and Liverpool are wasting their time i guess.

Love the guy but this is bollocks.

Well that was pretty poor. I always try to look for positives in the match but aside from Kane scoring, Davies and Jan played well that's about it.

I was bemused by the subs as well, why take son off? Sure he was not great today but how many times have we seen him grab a goal from nowhere.

The rest of them were playing at Sisokko level today and the lack of Eriksen and our bench shows how thin we are with attacking options.

I would looking to bring Juan Mata in if he is not wanted at united.

What about your prediction we would lose against Liverpool, only to then claim you always knew we were going to win. Just fuckoff you predict us to lose or draw every game, occasionally that's gunna make you right . Someone show him the door .

No doubt you predict we will win every game on the hope you are occasionally right.

Yes of course, still a lot to play for - but we've dropped a shit load of points this season, especially against the smaller teams and I expect us to drop a few more before the season is out.

Teams we've dropped points against:

Spurs 1 - 1 Burnley
Spurs 0 - 0 Swansea
Spurs 1 - 1 West Brom
Leicester 2 - 1 Spurs
Watford 1 - 1 Spurs
Spurs 1 - 1 West Ham
Southampton 1 - 1 Spurs

We NEED to get a result at Liverpool and against the goons...

I just sore a flying pig go past the window

I do - Dembele was poor today. Sissoko - no comment. Were you honestly content with our midfield 3 today?

The only players I was content with were Kane, Davies and Vorm.

But yet again, we lacked creativity in attack. We need someone to fill in when Dele, Son and Lamela have no answers......I have no idea how anyone can look at that game and think our biggest issues were behind the attackers. They had plenty of the ball, and wasted absolutely everything that came their way.

Pudding of a pitch. Ponderous in build up. Tempo way off.

Talking of way off. That’s a team that is going to be way off Top 4 if they don’t buck their fucking ideas up. That tripe today is not the stuff of a team serious about challenging for Champions League spots come May. It’s not all over clearly, but at this rate our new stadium is going to look amazing on Thursday nights.

I wish someone would wake the fuck up to the reality of under investment in the squad. Turning out the old Pony about January being a hard place to start is not going to wash. Seriously, it’s so boring after 15 fucking years of ENIC clap trap and excuses. Act like a big club Tottenham !

It appears that we are saved.

:levystare:

Who: Hercules
When: 19/01/18
Where: SC

We won’t sign Moura if we sign Malcom. Unless a no-brainer Van Der Vaart happens with Moura, as a deal we just cannot refuse with Malcom in the bag.

*Health warning! As good as it is, not done yet, but looking good*

And there's more, i tell ya'

When: 20/01/18

Those reports that we haven’t bid is a well used spin doctoring media spin. We are in well-advanced talks. Practically almost there.

Believe who you want to believe! Media is normally, and deliberately so; 24-48 hours behind.

Enough said on Malcom for now.
icon_shh.gif

Still looking extremely good.

It appears that we are saved.

:levystare:

When: 19/01/18

We won’t sign Moura if we sign Malcom. Unless a no-brainer Van Der Vaart happens with Moura, as a deal we just cannot refuse with Malcom in the bag.

*Health warning! As good as it is, not done yet, but looking good*

If we sign Malcom we need to do a picture of him in the middle of Poch and levy.......
I know the joke has been rinsed on here but imagine the headlines when we announce Malcom in the middle!
Get it done please!!

The only players I was content with were Kane, Davies and Vorm.

But yet again, we lacked creativity in attack. We need someone to fill in when Dele, Son and Lamela have no answers......I have no idea how anyone can look at that game and think our biggest issues were behind the attackers. They had plenty of the ball, and wasted absolutely everything that came their way.
Modric was one of our most creative players from deep - same for Real Madrid

Back
Top Bottom