Southampton Away (Premier League) - 21/01/18 @4pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Same line up, same intensity and pressing game. Southampton threw away a 2 goal lead today, which if they’d won would probably help us more, but their defending has been shambolic.
- Lloris -
- Aurier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies -
- Dier - Dembele -
- Son - Dele - Eriksen -
- Kane -
Son is quickly becoming one of our most important and influential players, we need to get the ball to him. We have our own Fab Four now, and they’re really hitting form.

Same line up, same intensity and pressing game. Southampton threw away a 2 goal lead today, which if they’d won would probably help us more, but their defending has been shambolic.
- Lloris -
- Aurier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies -
- Dier - Dembele -
- Son - Dele - Eriksen -
- Kane -
Son is quickly becoming one of our most important and influential players, we need to get the ball to him. We have our own Fab Four now, and they’re really hitting form.

All hail the DESK!

Also now that Liverpool have sold Coutinho, are they now just the Bee Gees?

We had far too much for them at a few weeks ago.

They can't defend and sonny/Kane are on fire. They're the home side so they will try to pressure us but we'll cut them apart.

4-1 spurs

We have a good record against these. I don't think Pellegrino is capable of getting a good defensive performance our of them to be honest so we'll get our chances.

Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies
Dier - Dembele
Eriksen - Dele - Son
Kane
Absolutely no need to change it up unless Dembele isn't feeling 100%, it might be a good game for Sissoko or Wanyama to fit in.

Newport away following this one so plenty of game time for the likes of Trippier, Lamela, Llorente etc there.

Approach this professionally and seriously and we should have little issues. Keep track of their offensive players since they are quality even if the team is in a slump.

I think Wanyama will start, most likely for Dier but the rest of the team will be the same.

Rotate for the Newport match the following week (maybe 5 or 6 changes) then a massive match at Wembley Vs Man United. Will Sanchez make his debut in that one?

;-)

We only recently beaten them. One enforced change being Davies instead of Rose and same team as yesterday. No midweek games and so no reason to rotate.

As long as Dembele is healthy and up for it, I'm a fan of keeping the same squad.
Need to maintain intensity. Need to keep up with Liverpool after their win against City today.
Even if Liverpool don't drop points for a little while, it should put a lot of pressure on Chelsea, who might be set for a bit of a down-spell if yesterdays game was any indication...

Any idea when Austin is back for them? He’s their real goal threat.

An early-ish goal will be important in this game again. Their fans and players would all take a 0-0 if you offered it to them now. They need to start winning games so hopefully they do try and attack. If Dembele plays like he did against Everton then no player can get near him. If he can control the midfield then we’ll have far too much for them.

I've posted in the tickets forum, but if anybody has a spare for this I will bite your hand off for it! I'm down in Southampton for the weekend and I've tried to go for the past few seasons with no luck.

Lloris;
Aurier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies;
Wanyama, Dembélé;
Eriksen, Dele, Son;
Kane

(If he's available Winks to replace either Wanyama or Dembélé after 65 mins)

0-2

South Coast Big Club were the last to win at the lane and fucked our 2nd spot in 2016. I want them demolished at every encounter
Ah but just think... at least that accolade will never now be reserved for any of our London 'friends'... we'd never have heard the last of it if Arse/Ch€l$€a or West Ham had that 'honour'!!

Back
Top Bottom