Southampton (A) 9th March - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn't realise he was still playing...
BT_Sport_Vinnie_Jones_300814_413.jpg

...thought he'd gone to Hollywood!!!

Can’t stand the cunt

I was in the Shelf in 1988 quite close to his ‘tackle ‘ on Gary Stevens which he never really recovered from

After Tuesday, it would be very much after the Lord Mayor's Show if we fail to win today.

It's not about the players not being up for it. The World Cup is long over, so for me it's just about us ensuring our quality makes the difference that it should.

Southampton have to be made to win it.

Last edited:
Can’t stand the cunt

I was in the Shelf in 1988 quite close to his ‘tackle ‘ on Gary Stevens which he never really recovered from
So was I... wasn't that the 'Guy Butters game? Next big thing y'know?!

...and remember, that shocking incident was only 4/5 or so years before John Fashanu almost blinded Mabbutt when he fractured his skull....

...the only reason why people still look back 'fondly' on '80s Wimbledon is 'cos of the Cup Final 'Fairytale' (c)Leicester City .... othrr than that, they were total thugs... couldn't stand 'em!

...and remember, that shocking incident was only 4/5 or so years before John Fashanu almost blinded Mabbutt when he fractured his skull....

...the only reason why people still look back 'fondly' on '80s Wimbledon is 'cos of the Cup Final 'Fairytale' (c)Leicester City .... othrr than that, they were total thugs... couldn't stand 'em!
Is that "future England" Captain Guy Butters?

The very same...
Ended up at Gillingham >>> Non-league I think...

To look at (and with hindsight) he had more than a bit of the Eric Diers about him!!
:dierno:

Visually, mind... not similar in ANY other way!
I remember he turned up for the first game of the season with a number 2 all over,not a popular hair cut then.
I was viewed as a dinosaur for still having it. So i liked him a bit ,for that alone.

Just realised after today we haven’t another game til 31st that’s 3 weeks ffs.....it’s going to be tough going on here!

It was Fashanu that Gary was tangling with on the ground before Jones came in from the blind side like the brave cunt he was!
I distinctly remember the look of intent on Jones face as he came in with the challenge

Straight red nowadays thankfully

Back
Top Bottom