Should AVB go if we miss top 4?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

May be he should blame it one everything else bar himself like old-face did?

Found this chart about Harry's post match interview technique, sums it up perfectly for me

arry2tc2.jpg

Here's the source: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Harry_Redknapp

To be fair, what we're all saying here is if we miss out on 'CHAMPIONS LEAGUE qualification or does AVB go... not just '4th'
we COULD very well finish 4th (in which case all those who say he should stay, should stick to that) ...but as we all know from painful personal experience, when it's SPURS, 4th doesn't actually ever GUARANTEE Champions League!!

I feel next season is ours. Providing we do not let any key players leave. Team will be jelled and Lamela, Soldado, Eriksen will all have experience. Cannot expect just because we have spent all this money to win it all straight away. Be patient Yiddos, our time will come.

To be fair, what we're all saying here is if we miss out on 'CHAMPIONS LEAGUE qualification or does AVB go... not just '4th'
we COULD very well finish 4th (in which case all those who say he should stay, should stick to that) ...but as we all know from painful personal experience, when it's SPURS, 4th doesn't actually ever GUARANTEE Champions League!!
Thats why we need to finish 3rd not 4th but then we're hoping that one of chelsea,manure and citeh struggle which the way the season has started there is every chance one of them will but then you have liverpool and the scum knocking on the door so god knows how it will all pan out.

To answer the question i think if avb doesn't get us champions league football after the reinvestment of the Bale money into the squad then yeah i think he has to go

I have stopped watching now. It is a forgone conclusion that we have won the league already and that bores me.

Call me when the other teams have caught up a little and offer a little more excitement.

(Everton tickets sorted. Tasty)

Like i've said before in this thread I want AVB to stay on even if we don't get CL aslong we don't finish in a silly position (7-10th) but I can't help but feel everything went to shit right after we beat Woolwich at the Lane last season and he came out with his infamous spirals talk in the post match interview.

Like i've said before in this thread I want AVB to stay on even if we don't get CL aslong we don't finish in a silly position (7-10th) but I can't help but feel everything went to shit right after we beat Woolwich at the Lane last season and he came out with his infamous spirals talk in the post match interview.
So.

5-6 is ok. ?

I don't think it's fair to jump all over the OP. he's not clammering or avb to leave but asks a relevant question. Personally I'd rather we didn't change manager again for a little while. Unless you have unlimited money like Chelsea or city then it's going to take at least 3 seasons to see the end product of what he's trying to achieve.
Our fans have to stop worrying what other people say and concentrate on what's best for spurs. It's become a situation where a lot of fans seem to want champions league just because Woolwich, Chelsea fans etc use our non participation as a stick to beat us with.
Football is a money game now. Out of the top 6 teams in the country we probably have the 6th Largest budget. Finishing in the top 4 would still be a huge achievement.
AVB should not be seen as a failure if we don't make CL. Although I think a cup win or at least an fa cup/Europa final would definitely help his cause.
Sorry Jimmy! But I don't think it is a relevant question! It's a stupid question to raise! Now and 18 months from now even! AVB is a talented young manager. He has compiled a squad of real quality. A squad that will produce. This season and next season and the season (with additions) after that and so on, and so on! By produce, I mean regular CL qualification and silverware! Regardless of the negative irrelevant questions!!

COYS!!

Just got a ride home from a cabbie he was a massive united fan and he was begging for moyes to be sacked. said he'd been a fan for 42 years so I asked him what he thought when Fergusson was first signed. he wanted him out after the first couple of matches but then said he was happy he wasn't sacked. point is we're starting to sound like these kind of cunts. and I dont like it

Back
Top Bottom