Should AVB go if we miss top 4?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is exactly what I was talking about. Mocking dismissal of people's concerns, without any attempt to address the actual points that are being raised. You don't unquestioningly support AVB, so you must be a Gooner.

Bit childish.
Oh fuck off, not everything is about you and your concerns. I haven't even read most of this thread and frankly I don't give a shit. What's childish is that you lot have kept alive a thread that was started by a gooner trolling us and feeding off the ridiculous meltdown going on in this place.

Oh fuck off, not everything is about you and your concerns. I haven't even read most of this thread and frankly I don't give a shit. What's childish is that you lot have kept alive a thread that was started by a gooner trolling us and feeding off the ridiculous meltdown going on in this place.

And I haven't read the Great Gatsby, which is why I've never kicked a copy out of the window declaring it to be irretrievable shite.

Which is effectively what you've done with this thread.

And I haven't read the Great Gatsby, which is why I've never kicked a copy out of the window declaring it to be irretrievable shite.

Which is effectively what you've done with this thread.
No I stopped reading once it was clear that it was in fact a bullshit thread started by a gooner troll. But by all means, you keep at it.

I don't know i anyone has brought this up yet, but please remembr how good our record is against West Ham over the last 20 years or so. It was about time that they beat us, just like us beating Man Utd away last season. 23 years!
Don't you think that footbal has this concept? Eventually teams will beat you. West Brom at Man Utd anyone?

We just had an off-day, but yes I think that Defoe upset the format of the side, even though I was calling for him to start as well!

But I really think that we need to be patient. 3 points off the top, plenty of matches to play. We still haven't hit top form yet. Let's be patient! I would take a draw against Villa - they will be well up for our match as we have beaten them 4-0 twice in a row!!!

Keep your heads up! COYS!

I don't know i anyone has brought this up yet, but please remembr how good our record is against West Ham over the last 20 years or so. It was about time that they beat us, just like us beating Man Utd away last season. 23 years!
Don't you think that footbal has this concept? Eventually teams will beat you. West Brom at Man Utd anyone?

We just had an off-day, but yes I think that Defoe upset the format of the side, even though I was calling for him to start as well!

But I really think that we need to be patient. 3 points off the top, plenty of matches to play. We still haven't hit top form yet. Let's be patient! I would take a draw against Villa - they will be well up for our match as we have beaten them 4-0 twice in a row!!!

Keep your heads up! COYS!
Yes and no and no.

We were beat 3/0 at home by team which is mid table.

When was the last time we were beaten by a team mid table or by any team by a margin of more than 2 goals at home in the league?

We scraped the win against united. We finished 5th. We drew at home.

WBA versus Moyes. Is not valuable comparative data.

@ Erik_Edman Erik_Edman makes some really good points but now I fell utterly pessimistic about the season.

Please tell me it's all going to be ok.

Ironically, because I seem to have managed to make yourself and @ WindyCOYS WindyCOYS see where I'm coming from and convince myself I'm not crazy, I'm actually happier about all things football than I've been in ages.

I jest, of course. Welcome to my world, a miserable world. AVB is an exceptionally bright lad, but in my view he won't lead us to the promised land. We need more than exciting on-paper concepts like a high defensive line and vertical movement to really go a stage further- we need someone who in addition to nailing the tactical side can also change his system on a whim, liberate his key players with flexible instructions, because he's not too blinkered by trust in his own fundamental instincts to see when things are going wrong. AVB is just not that.

I'm not trying to be a doom monger, but my ability to enjoy watching Spurs play is being slowly hampered by the knowledge every week that I'm going to have to watch AVB try and force the same system, the same moribund notions like Paulinho/Demebele, to work- like a kid on FM who plays restarts after every loss because he just can't imagine why he keeps dropping points to lesser teams- whilst managers from Mourinho to Martinez to Allardyce outsmart and outmanoeuvre him. It's shit, but I felt that way for most of last season and I still feel that way now.

Fuck my life no wander the WHL atmosphere is a library in some quarters when people have such negative thoughts about the team and AVB.

It's these fuckers that when we go one nil down with 60 mins to play start assuming that worst. And THAT transmits into mute support and the players pick up on it. Thus creating a very Spursy squeaky bum nail biting atmosphere.

For fucks sake get behind the team, we are only seven games in!

:avbcringe:

I think AVB is an intelligent person and a bright coach he will make mistakes, lets all remember is still very young compared to some of the more experienced heads out there. He is probably ahead of many of the recently ex-pros trying to make it in management. Look at his time from the Chavs that was a disaster, but from the impression he gives learnt to fix some of those things that supposedly went wrong for him.

It is too early to be questioning whether he should go if we don't make top 4. I would like to see us stick with a manager for more than a couple of years to give them a chance to really make an impression. I believe within modern football we are too quick to make judgements and don't allow for enough time for things to happen.

The loss to the Spammers was a bitter one, but we need to move on and hope the team learn that they need to be performing for every game they play. We have already seen that the lesser teams are not going to roll over for us.

Back
Top Bottom