Should AVB go if we miss top 4?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Me and my work colleagues used to discuss in which order we would do Girls Aloud.

There is probably more point in discussing replacements for AVB if we are having to be grounded in reality

It's just a discussion isn't it?

Ginger one last. That's for certain. Beyond that its a tricky conundrum.

In terms of AVB I am starting to worry about the team's performance but think that a change in the summer makes a lot more sense than another mid-season change.
If he were to go mid-season I can't think of anyone more suitable than laudrup.
If we wait until the summer there's obviously a host of international managers potentially available post-WC
Hope he stays and proves the doubters wrong

In respect of World Cup managers. As managers only have 2 friendlies before the tournament, I wonder if an arrangement could me made where a new manager could come into us immediately, but also continue with their international responsibility until the summer. Not saying I want this, but isn't necessarily something that should rule anybody out, if removing AVB was the route the club decided to take.

In respect of World Cup managers. As managers only have 2 friendlies before the tournament, I wonder if an arrangement could me made where a new manager could come into us immediately, but also continue with their international responsibility until the summer. Not saying I want this, but isn't necessarily something that should rule anybody out, if removing AVB was the route the club decided to take.
We had this before with Redknapp, except he expected to get the job, practically hired his #2 (Brendan Rodgers) and fucked our season up.

Slightly different (in that Redknapp only had the one job, but wanted the other), but I expect the results would be similarly poor.

And to answer your question - I think it depends on how we play for the remainder of the season. If we were to repeat last season, reach an exceptional points tally but miss out on top 4 in unfortunate circumstances, then no.

If we continue to play as we are and finish 6th, 7th or lower, then we seriously need to take a look at our options, managerially.

It all has to be put into context, a simple, '4th we keep him, 5th we sack him' is not a realistic way to judge a season overall.

AVB has, like many of our players, the potential to be world class (unlike previous manager's who have peaked either before or during their Spurs tenure), so he should be treated differently in that respect. We should persist if he shows signs of improvement as a manager and the club doesn't suffer for it.

Fuck me the likeness is incredible.
I can't believe it hasn't been noticed before. I guess the show was a long time ago now.
murray_tvrage.jpg

Back
Top Bottom