Sheff Utd vs Yid Army FA Cup Wed 1 March 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Forster
Sanchez Dier Davies
Porro Sarr Skipp Perisic
Lucas Richy Danjuma

Then you have Kane, Hoj and Son off the bench if you need them. That lineup is still respecting the competition and opponents but gets rest where we really need it

Still don't think we should take this one for granted. They're 2nd in the Championship and we've seen what happens when we take these games for granted.

Little rotation, sure. But need to keep it strong and the momentum going.

Forster
Romero - Dier - Lenglet
Porro - Sarr - Skipp - Davies
Danjuma - Kane - Richarlison
Is what I'd aim for.

People moan we don’t win trophies. Moan we concentrate on top 4 and treat it like a trophy.

Then say don’t play the players in cups - who will win games and get us to finals - instead rest them so they are fresh for the league…..

:pochshock2::dembele:

Have to be able to rotate and win in the prem and the cup.

Yes it’s served us well for the last 20 years…..sometimes I can’t get over the sheer number of FA cup finals we have reached since 2001.
And the European campaigns outside of 1 CL run have resulted in how many semi finals? Too many to keep track of.

Or maybe not.

It would appear to me we can’t actually have our cake and eat it.

Yes it’s served us well for the last 20 years…..sometimes I can’t get over the sheer number of FA cup finals we have reached since 2001.
And the European campaigns outside of 1 CL run have resulted in how many semi finals? Too many to keep track of.

Or maybe not.

It would appear to me we can’t actually have our cake and eat it.

Was with you until you mentioned European nights.

In fact, Poch probably squeezed the last dregs in that CL final run by rotating his squad.

There is a difference between rotating and putting out a poor side. Rotating can make your best 11 into a best 14/15 so you are more resistant to problems caused by injuries.

Back
Top Bottom