Seville - Sat 16 July 12:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its a real shame reguilon is not wanted by conte
I think its a shame that Reguilon just lacks a bit of quality. He has a very high work rate and seems to be a good character in the team, but he seems to be a little too one dimensional at times. He’s definitely not a bad player by any means, but Perisic will be miles above him and Sess likely has a higher ceiling.

Love this from Cuti and Richy

Cuti the bouncer and Richy with the cheeky 👊

Teams had been getting pretty nasty towards the end of last season, especially towards Son (and getting away with it), so this is very welcome.

Son himself doesn't need to lose his temper, better to have others protect him.

I think its a shame that Reguilon just lacks a bit of quality. He has a very high work rate and seems to be a good character in the team, but he seems to be a little too one dimensional at times. He’s definitely not a bad player by any means, but Perisic will be miles above him and Sess likely has a higher ceiling.

Reguilon seemed to have all qualities needed, just doesn't seem to put it all together. A mentality issue maybe ? But Conte has had him for over 6 months to try to change anything required

hes a real talent. when he gets his end product sorted out in and around the box he going to be unreal. doesnt get the ball enough imo, makes himself available but team mates try to force it and lose the ball instead.

they dont trust gil enough, when you got players that silky and that good on the ball you get them on the ball as much s you can.
Completely agree. I don’t see a lot of cutting edge / goals but more a middle third player that can get on the ball and push it around.

Reguilon seemed to have all qualities needed, just doesn't seem to put it all together. A mentality issue maybe ? But Conte has had him for over 6 months to try to change anything required
Has he ever had a good game at LWB? Generally been woeful in that position

Teams had been getting pretty nasty towards the end of last season, especially towards Son (and getting away with it), so this is very welcome.

Of course, all the Liverpool fans have been villainising him on Twitter this afternoon saying the elbow was intentional.

They were all twerking for him 2 months ago 🤦‍♀️

Remember when teams used to try and leave one on Glen. Stevie, Graham, Paul used to step it up a gear on the leaving one in stakes.

Has he ever had a good game at LWB? Generally been woeful in that position
I think he’s had a lot of good games, but not many great ones. Defensively he is solid enough, but offensively just doesn’t have the ball control, passing, or finishing to do what Conte expects from a wing back. That’s where I think that Sessegnon has found the edge against him in the he has better passing, crossing, and vision to creat a threat on the left side,

Of course, all the Liverpool fans have been villainising him on Twitter this afternoon saying the elbow was intentional.

They were all twerking for him 2 months ago 🤦‍♀️
bruce-what.gif

...not The Liverpool Fans!!

I think he’s had a lot of good games, but not many great ones. Defensively he is solid enough, but offensively just doesn’t have the ball control, passing, or finishing to do what Conte expects from a wing back. That’s where I think that Sessegnon has found the edge against him in the he has better passing, crossing, and vision to creat a threat on the left side,
Agree. Sess seems much calmer with his decision making…. If he could add some aggression in the box he might really start to influence games

Agree. Sess seems much calmer with his decision making…. If he could add some aggression in the box he might really start to influence games
I think Conte has dotted enough players around him now to help apply, and harness that aggression! (though I assume you didn't mean in the 'violent' sense!)

Reguilon just doesn’t have the stability and calmness that Conte wants. He gets too excited and panics when he is at either end of the pitch.

Sessegnon might not have the raw energy of Reguilon but he is steady. Reguilon is a loon and Conte has never fancied players of that type.

Back
Top Bottom