Seville - Sat 16 July 12:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

dwvNBi3.jpg

Squad:
Lloris, Forster, Austin, Keeley

Sanchez, Romero, Dier, Tanganga, Fagan-Walcott, Davies, Sayers

Doherty, Royal, Sessegnon, Perisic

Bentancur, Bissouma, Sarr, Hojbjerg, Skipp, White

Gil, Kulusevski, Richarlison, Kane, Parrott, Moura, Son

Squad Update:
Kulusevski and Davies are fit and available to play. Perisic remains out - "He has started to work with us, but with Ivan, we have to go step by step because the injury was a serious injury. It’s good he started to work with us and when we go back to London, he can be with us for all of the training sessions."

Conte:
“For the game against Sevilla, I will change something and use this game at the start of the season to make many rotations and give the possibility for the players to play the game.”

"For sure, I want to change something, but I repeat, I want to make rotations, pre-season is about trying to give opportunity to all players. Sonny will be starting."

Although I've got Spursplay I'm going to miss this as heading to the MK fan zone before going to watch Finland Vs Germany in the Women's Euros.

😩

A great shame for Bissouma & Forster to be quarantining for Covid, but fingers crossed it doesn't look like the bug has spread through the squad yet.

This is a significant opportunity for our fringe players, fighting to show they can be squad depth options. I remember Mourinho on meeting Tanganga in training, said "you're the guy who marked Ronaldo out of the match", referring to a pre-season friendly under Poch when a young Japhet had played superbly against CR7.

Sarr should get time in CM, with Bissouma out. Gil & Parrott will be looking to show they deserve a chance, primarily as wide forwards. And with Perisic out, White may play some minutes at LWB again.

If I understand correctly, our HG rules experts say both White & Parrott would be free picks (ie they don't need to be registered in the 25) next season as they're under 21.

Whilst Gil & Sarr would be part of the list of 17 for Europe as they haven't spent 2 years at Spurs, so will have to show a lot for Conte to give them one of those precious slots rather than loaning them out again.

Well now's the time to try summit new I guess....

Lucas at RWB.... it'll be a consequence-free bit of fun if nothing else!

Rather he tries him out now, than the opening PL game!!

Back
Top Bottom