Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Serge seems a lot unlucky at times, today's was hardly a pen, he has gained the position and was in control, decision was shocking by the ref.

Maybe but he's now been judged to have conceded 4 penalties in under 50 appearances for Spurs - that's a premiership record.

Against Bayern he was responsible for conceding 3 or 4 goals - the best being moving into Bayern half to try to get a Bayern player offside. Duh !. Bayern player said thanks before running past.

Aurier is just an unintelligent player (unless of course he just couldn't care) - not unlucky.

That's why we need to get rid of asap - not play him

Maybe but he's now been judged to have conceded 4 penalties in under 50 appearances for Spurs - that's a premiership record.

Against Bayern he was responsible for conceding 3 or 4 goals - the best being moving into Bayern half to try to get a Bayern player offside. Duh !. Bayern player said thanks before running past.

Aurier is just an unintelligent player (unless of course he just couldn't care) - not unlucky.

That's why we need to get rid of asap - not play him
I agree. Yesterday was unlucky, that red card against Saint too, but despite this kind o f thinks he's not a player you can call clever at all.

All those who think it wasn't a pen, what is your opinion on this one...

For me Lamela is between VVD's body and the ball, he's already there before VVD, he's effectively shielding it (at a stretch as he's only just got there).

With Aurier, he's already won the ball and is in the act of kicking the ball clear, Mane has made zero attempt to win the ball, he's body isn't between body and ball. As Aurier attempts to kick the ball Aurier is the player that is impeded by Mane. It's a foul on Aurier.

For me Lamela is between VVD's body and the ball, he's already there before VVD, he's effectively shielding it (at a stretch as he's only just got there).

With Aurier, he's already won the ball and is in the act of kicking the ball clear, Mane has made zero attempt to win the ball, he's body isn't between body and ball. As Aurier attempts to kick the ball Aurier is the player that is impeded by Mane. It's a foul on Aurier.
Honestly mate, I do appreciate we are Spurs fans, but you need to take off your Lilywhite tinted glasses. Lamela was never in control of the ball and in fact what I see is him running into Van Dijks leg who is pretty much trying to withdraw from the effort to make contact with the ball. Lamela is actually moving away from the ball.

giphy.gif

On the other hand, as unlucky as Serge was, he actively swings his foot into Mané's calf, and he was actually moving toward the ball at least making an effort to garner control of it.

He is just awfully bad footballer.

Unreliable. Unstable. Offers little. We know that on some level he has the ability and technique. But he displays it like once in 15 games, this is not something we could rely on really.
Faster we get rid of him the better.

In Saturday it took him more than 70 minutes to contribute ANYTHING in the attacking side. His crosses before that were quite awful.

Then why the hell are we still persevering with him and not giving Walker-Peters a fair crack at it? Sorry but Poch continuously going back to Serge after 2 and 1/4s worth of wank in a Spurs shirt yet only giving KWP a few games here and there when we clearly have issues in us department is fucking disgusting.

Poch Out, no room for sentiment in this game, especially for a bloke who constantly gets a chub on for other clubs whilst he is the manager of Spurs. Bin him, he thinks he's better than he is.

I actually thought he was a bit unlucky with the penalty yesterday - was trying to clear the ball and caught Mane in the act. I can see why it was given though.

The real issue is it's part of a wider pattern of taking silly risks and conceding fouls in the process. He's just a really careless footballer I'm afraid. Need to ship on ASAP, if anyone wants him.

Last edited:

Even if someone agreed that, like Lamela's in last year's game, it was a penalty , I can't understand Serge being crucified mercilessly here and on the podcasts. He wins the ball nice and cleanly, gets himself up off the deck and turns away from Mane to take a big swipe at the ball to clear only for Mane to stick his leg between boot and ball at the very last second. Penalty maybe but poor play? Not for me.

Back
Top Bottom