Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Put the rules up to explain why it was a penalty, he kicked an opponent in the box, he did it because he's careless hence no card (I actually had him to get booked at 15/8). Some seem to still be wrestling with the fairness of the penalty.

Careless, that's him all over tbh.

Last edited:
I bet if the incident happened the other way around and Serge stuck his leg in the way of Mane's as he went to kick the ball, Liverpool would have still been awarded a penalty and not a free kick to Spurs.

Almost every penalty is conceded by kicking an opponent instead of the ball. Can’t really see the defence strategy of “hey ref, he jumped in front of me. Just came out of nowhere” overturning many decisions.

Stonewall penalty. But not really Aurier fault. He got caught out but had done well to get back at Mane in the first place.

Still a woeful excuse for a fullback though.

Keane’s assessment was harsh but not wildly off-beam on current form.

Would dinosaur-pundits like Keane use ad hominem skull measurement-type narratives to describe a team with two white fullbacks? You can say they’re past their best, or need to be played in a different formation, or not good enough for Spurs, but “Dumb and Dumber” is a eugenicist argument.

See also another dinosaur-pundit Graham Souness’ criticism of Moise Kean based on the fact that he dared to be black, foreign, have a weird hairstyle, and has been photographed in a nightclub within the last 12 months.

Would dinosaur-pundits like Keane use ad hominem skull measurement-type narratives to describe a team with two white fullbacks? You can say they’re past their best, or need to be played in a different formation, or not good enough for Spurs, but “Dumb and Dumber” is a eugenicist argument.

See also another dinosaur-pundit Graham Souness’ criticism of Moise Kean based on the fact that he dared to be black, foreign, have a weird hairstyle, and has been photographed in a nightclub within the last 12 months.
What a lot of shite.

They are two pieces of shit, thats what they are. Robbing the club I love for wages as exchange for below championship level performances.
And other alternatives for the playing time.

Ofc there is the thing that Poch is enabling them to do so, he is the bigger issue here.

They are two pieces of shit, thats what they are. Robbing the club I love for wages as exchange for below championship level performances.
And other alternatives for the playing time.

Ofc there is the thing that Poch is enabling them to do so, he is the bigger issue here.
Not sure I’m convinced Keane’s argument was racially motivated tbh, but conversely no need to call Spurs players “pieces of shit” either.

best to move them both on at the next opportunity and thank them for their work

His just a terrible professional isn't he.

It's pure luck he doesn't get sent off because he certainly doesn't learn from his mistakes .

I don't know what Kyle Walker peters did in training but it must have been something awful to be out of the squad whilst Aurier gets game time

He was probably banking on Foyth but we lost him to injury at the start of the season, and KWP got an injury as well. Very unfortunate.

Why aren't we playing Foyth at RB now he's fit again?

Meanwhile, it's faith from Poch - not fitness - that's keeping KWP out fo the team.

I said all along; be it KT, SA, KWP or JF... Sell who we must, but have a firm plan for RB and run with it.

Evidently, the gaffa has merely been 'spit-balling' all along.

This guy failed to do a throw in. Three times. In one match.
Kyle Walker had some brain farts. This guy has no brain what so ever.
He is always a red card or penalty to happen. Pure liability.

That's got nothing to do with the post you replied to.

Put the rules up to explain why it was a penalty, he kicked an opponent in the box, he did it because he's careless hence no card (I actually had him to get booked st 15/8). Some seem to still be wrestling with the fairness of the penalty.

Careless, that's him all over tbh.

I’d go a step further and say wreckless but still not a penalty imv

Imagine the scenes if Lovren had kicked Harry like that and a pen awarded

You can’t fault the guys effort though. Full of energy, very strong, quick and doesn’t shy out of a tackle. Maybe he just needs some good coaching and a run to establish himself.
I don't think I've ever seen a more 'uncoachable', for want of a better word, player than Aurier. The guy is just an absolute mess. The problem too is he's fucked up so often for us now that he's completely shot mentally as well, and panics whenever he's in bother which inevitably leads to yet another disaster.
For both his and the teams sake he probably should not be in the squad again, but are the alternatives any better? That's the worrying thing.

I don’t think Aurier was anywhere near as bad as most are saying yesterday. Thought he did well most of the game and was unlucky to give away that penalty after some good work. Im fearful we’ve become too expectant as a support after the progress of the last few years. Some of the knee jerk reactions have been mad. Understand the frustration but there’s a player in there. We need to stick together and get behind the team during this bad patch.

You can’t fault the guys effort though. Full of energy, very strong, quick and doesn’t shy out of a tackle. Maybe he just needs some good coaching and a run to establish himself.
At nearly 27 years of age he should not need coaching to not be a fucking calamity-lost cause.

Back
Top Bottom