Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is just awfully bad footballer.

Unreliable. Unstable. Offers little. We know that on some level he has the ability and technique. But he displays it like once in 15 games, this is not something we could rely on really.
Faster we get rid of him the better.

In Saturday it took him more than 70 minutes to contribute ANYTHING in the attacking side. His crosses before that were quite awful.

He is just awfully bad footballer.

Unreliable. Unstable. Offers little. We know that on some level he has the ability and technique. But he displays it like once in 15 games, this is not something we could rely on really.
Faster we get rid of him the better.

In Saturday it took him more than 70 minutes to contribute ANYTHING in the attacking side. His crosses before that were quite awful.
TBF I have changed my mind since my original post, woman's prerogative, he is a loose cannon and I can't believe that KWP could do a worse job!

We absolutely need to bring in a RB in January, but until then we need to pick a player to cover and stick with him. Changing it every game isn't helping as they can't find form and settle into the role.

In my mind Kyle Walker-Peters looked a more solid defensive RB during his recent outings and, during the City game (if I recall correctly), Lamela was a good sport to come back and help him out at times when he looked a bit “at-risk.“ That shows a) teamwork, and b) some potential, however you define it.

Aurier, however, seems a stronger RB in the opposing half than Kyle and also more effective at getting balls in the box than Rose on the left (who falls over immediately).

I don’t mind Aurier’s crossing, it’s something at least. The problem, in one sense, is that we’re typically already 1–0 down and so anything Aurier does is already met with 11 opposing players behind the ball...

Between Kyle and Serge we have about 49.99999% of a single RB each.

Serge is a wild man, Kyle seems nervous. CHOOSE ONE. CHOOSE WISELY.

Also: Rose immediately runs in a southeasterly direction whenever in the opponent’s half, suggesting a move to Palace, or, Leyton Orient.

Aurier plays like he’s on mushrooms and so he plays the ball in a more interesting way. It’s at least something.

What else can I say... maybe it’s gallows humour but Serge has given me more sheer entertainment than some other players this season. Cough.

3dy4eh.jpg

I've tried to give him a chance, but he's a stupid footballer, a liability, a penalty and a red card waiting to happen in every game.

I'm done with him, he can just fuck off.

Back
Top Bottom