Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

...Do we ever?

Just speculating over the speculation. Just the usual....

This just seems flimsier than most speculative material. With Eriksen we had quotes. With Rose, we knew he'd been left out of the Summer tour to look for a move. Here we have nothing but an unreputable rag saying he wants to move.

Tottenham defender Serge Aurier wants to quit the club this month with PSG and AC Milan both expressing interest in signing him before the European transfer window shuts.

The Ivory Coast international has made it clear to team-mates that he would welcome a chance for a fresh start.

No quotes no date on article

Why would Aurier wait until the end of the TW to announce this - more likely to have made a decision to go at end of the season so his agent has a couple of months to arrange it rather than s couple of weeks.

Were rumours club would listen to offers for Aurier and Trippier at start of TW, so I'd guess this is old news being recycled.

If true more likely to be arranged for January TW,

But club might take view for the right offer and if Foyth is back in early September to let him go - in addition to KWP there are Dier and Sissoko who could play there, just need to line up a RB in January.

Don't buy that at all.

If he really wants out when his competition is a guy who is 22 and played 20 games in his career and a 21 year old center back who presently is injured then that says a lot of his mentality.

This just seems flimsier than most speculative material. With Eriksen we had quotes. With Rose, we knew he'd been left out of the Summer tour to look for a move. Here we have nothing but an unreputable rag saying he wants to move.

No quotes = Pinch of salt for me personally. "IF true then X" but far from assuming it is.

No quotes = Pinch of salt for me personally. "IF true then X" but far from assuming it is.
There rarely is quotes when it comes to these things though. Usually just his agent feeding the info to the press.

Would it really be a surprise if he did want to leave though? He's never looked settled here, never been able to claim a starting spot.

My gut would say if we get a decent offer for him we'd happily let him go, plough on with KWP and Foyth this season, and sign Max Aarons next Summer.

Would it really be a surprise if he did want to leave though? He's never looked settled here, never been able to claim a starting spot.
Yes, it would surprise me. His #1 competition for RB just left the club. All he has to do is beat out a couple of kids, one of whom isn't even a RB.

Certainly not. Would take far too long, be far too boring, and would be disregarded as it seems you already have a different opinion set about him?

Guy got sent off on his full premier league debut and made 3 foul throws in 1 game - spring to mind.
As for his poor positioning, lack of effort type errors - I would be amazed if nearly all Spurs fans didn't view him in the same light. A liability.

I agree with the liability statement. It's how I view him. He shouldn't be allowed to slide tackle, I feel like he's borderline getting a card every time. Those throws were shameful but I do hope he can get things going especially with the opportunity he would have if he can show some composure and class out there. KWP and Foyth shouldn't even be considered as #1 RB but here we are.

Aurier was never going to play, when was the last time he started a match? The manager doesn’t rate him and the player wants to leave, he’s only appearing on the bench due to injuries to others. If Davies and Foyth were fit he would be sitting in the stands.
Didn't he start and play well for us against Dortmund in the Champions League?

AC Milan full-back Andrea Conti is not in Marco Giampaolo's plans and it's likely that he will move away from the Rossoneri.

Bundesliga side Werder Bremen have launched a loan bid for Conti. Conti wants to stay but Milan are already lining up his replacement, Tottenham Hotspur right-back Serge Aurier, who has been proposed to the club in recent days.

We can expect further news on the situation by Monday, with Werder's offer on the table for the Rossoneri to assess.

Was shown training in Spurs Friday training pics with his bandaged hand.

Think he rates as underwhelming so far at Spurs, but if Wanyama goes I wonder if Aurier stays just to keep squad numbers up - and with Foyth not yet back fro injury and KWP possibly out ( injury update awaited) - we might keep him at least until January.

Although an offer which gets our money back (25m euros) would be attractive, as we still have Dier (played for most of his first season at Spurs at RB) and Sissoko ( switched there on Sunday for 25 mins or so and looked better than playing as a CM).

Ricky Sacks:
@SoccerLink_
AC Milan have now made a breakthrough in negotiations as they bid to sign Tottenham Hotspur’a Serge Aurier. Spurs are prepared to hold out for €25M (£22.5), a fee similar to the one which they spent two years ago to bring the defender to the club.

Can't wait for this transfer to happen.

Last edited:
From when we signed him......

"I spoke with him, of course, about different things but I'm a person that likes to move on," Pochettino said. "I think it was good, we had a long chat. “

But of course, I guess this was another shit signing poor Poch had thrust upon him with no say

Back
Top Bottom