Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If true it’s been a bad transfer and an utter waste of time. Buy cheap, buy twice
Tbf, this is one scenario where we didn't go for the cheap option, we waited 'til the end of the window and got what most people would have thought was the best option on the market.

The guy seems to be even more of a moron than people initially feared he would be though and from day one just never seemed to give a shit about being here really.

Would probably be silly to move him on as he's our only fit right back, but the chances of him coming good long term are slim to none I would say, so understand why we'd be tempted.

No, I called him a squinty bastard and it was nothing to do with race as I explained and you've chosen to ignore to try and make some sort of shitty point.

Do you have a point?

Was this the vernacular that nobody else had heard of? He missed a chance of a goal and you thought ‘squinty’ was a good term to use in your reactive post. Classy.

I guess my point is why am I still posting a reply instead of sticking you on ignore, you knuckle-dragging racist.

Easily resolved.

Was this the vernacular that nobody else had heard of? He missed a chance of a goal and you thought ‘squinty’ was a good term to use in your reactive post. Classy.

I guess my point is why am I still posting a reply instead of sticking you on ignore, you knuckle-dragging racist.

Easily resolved.

Just stick me on ignore then, seeing as how you've already made your tiny mind up. Thanks, bye.

Sadly Serge strikes me as someone who just hasn't taken his career or his qualities seriously. I know it's hard to judge based on not knowing him but I haven't seen enough of what I think he has in him come to the fore. He can run with the ball yet he constantly opts to pass backwards, sideways or to cross. I hoped he'd be the right sided version of peak Danny Rose from a few seasons ago. Instead all I got was a very underwhelming player that seemed to slapdash and erratic to add any real or genuine value.

A big shame if he goes, not because it's not the right thing to do but because there's a player in there somewhere but we got more clown than class. It happens but I'd like to have at least see him try to take his man on like the player I thought we were getting. Onto the next one perhaps.

Easily resolved.
Then again you're defending a homophobic, woman beating, domestic abuser in Aurier, so you're hardly any better, are you?

Tbf, this is one scenario where we didn't go for the cheap option, we waited 'til the end of the window and got what most people would have thought was the best option on the market.

The guy seems to be even more of a moron than people initially feared he would be though and from day one just never seemed to give a shit about being here really.

Would probably be silly to move him on as he's our only fit right back, but the chances of him coming good long term are slim to none I would say, so understand why we'd be tempted.
Mate, he was damaged goods, PSG wanted rid and we managed to get a work permit where others thought it was impossible... it meant we got him cheap but he’s awful... it’s a deal, it’s a steal, it’s the sale of the fucking century... not

If true it’s been a bad transfer and an utter waste of time. Buy cheap, buy twice

24m for a RB 2 years ago wasn't "cheap"....

The general feeling was we were buying a high class RB.... Plenty of games to review him in, yet no-one here said "don't want him, he's crap".

Acting all wise now is bogus.

24m for a RB 2 years ago wasn't "cheap"....

The general feeling was we were buying a high class RB.... Plenty of games to review him in, yet no-one here said "don't want him, he's crap".

Acting all wise now is bogus.

Before he came I ,like I guess a number of others, saw a number of YouTube clips seeing s full back with pace to burn both going forward and getting back to cover leaving other players for dead, as well as having various skills. A good replacement for Walker I thought.

Reality has proved that he is pretty average speed - and in his first season gave away 3 penalties with reckless sliding tackles in the box, not to mention the comical foul throw ins during one match. And technically not that great either.

Wasn't cheap at the time - but I'd sure like to wring the neck of the scout who recommended him as the scout must have only been going on.the same YouTube clips I saw and never seen a full game where Aurier played either on TV or live.

Certainly need an upgrade so if Milan give us our money back I'd gladly accept - really not sure that Sissoko and Dier will be worse, in fact maybe better than Aurier at RB as a short term measure until KWP and Foyth are back. And reconsider our options in January and/or the summer depending on availability of players.

Back
Top Bottom