Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's a total putz.

Serge Aurier injured his wrist at half-time of Ivory Coast's win over Mali after banging his fist on a table... and Spurs defender wasn't even playing!

Yup. Sounds about right.

He's a total putz.

Serge Aurier injured his wrist at half-time of Ivory Coast's win over Mali after banging his fist on a table... and Spurs defender wasn't even playing!

No, shows he's a passionate footballer trying to gee his team up at half-time.

What does it matter if he's damaged his wrist? I don't get what you are driving at? It doesn't stop him playing.

Don't know how I would cope if I injured my wrist...

Probably use my left hand to be fair

Serge is a fucking comedy show. Amazed he fits the 'Poch player' ethos.
I quite like him as a person, seems pretty cheerful. Expect another poor season full of fuck ups and a move on within 12 months.

Don't know how I would cope if I injured my wrist...

Probably use my left hand to be fair

Serge is a fucking comedy show. Amazed he fits the 'Poch player' ethos.
I quite like him as a person, seems pretty cheerful. Expect another poor season full of fuck ups and a move on within 12 months.
"full of fuck-ups".

Care to list them all?

The guy is a loon....he's got a lot to prove at this club, Much better in the CL than PL, but I cant see him being here by the end of 2020, or ever being a nailed down starter.

"full of fuck-ups".

Care to list them all?

Certainly not. Would take far too long, be far too boring, and would be disregarded as it seems you already have a different opinion set about him?

Guy got sent off on his full premier league debut and made 3 foul throws in 1 game - spring to mind.
As for his poor positioning, lack of effort type errors - I would be amazed if nearly all Spurs fans didn't view him in the same light. A liability.

Certainly not. Would take far too long, be far too boring, and would be disregarded as it seems you already have a different opinion set about him?

Guy got sent off on his full premier league debut and made 3 foul throws in 1 game - spring to mind.
As for his poor positioning, lack of effort type errors - I would be amazed if nearly all Spurs fans didn't view him in the same light. A liability.
And there we have it ladies and gents!!

You know as well as I do your "list" extends to conceding a couple of pens (I think he's conceded 3??, one of them really wasn't on him as it was going to be a goal anyway so through him himself at the player in an effort to stop a goal (Madrid away)).

You think a foul throw is a "fuck-up"!! Wow!! Despite officials letting the vast majority of them go without even picking up on them every single game. Oh dear.

You would have thought given the abuse you could name more than this but no, I wonder why? Or do we have yet another Sissoko bashing on our hands?

I've made no comment on him, just asked you to list all these "fuck ups" that he's had and knew that you would come back with what you have.

Trouble with defenders (and goalies) is that they can put in a stellar performance for 89 minutes and then one error that leads to a goal negates all that good work.
The opposite is true for forwards.
I quite like Serge, as when he plays well, he shows why we took him on in the first place. But he is coming over as a bit of a misfit and injury prone. He should have taken advantage of Tripps' poor form and consolidated his place as first choice. Didn't happen though.

And there we have it ladies and gents!!

You know as well as I do your "list" extends to conceding a couple of pens (I think he's conceded 3??, one of them really wasn't on him as it was going to be a goal anyway so through him himself at the player in an effort to stop a goal (Madrid away)).

You think a foul throw is a "fuck-up"!! Wow!! Despite officials letting the vast majority of them go without even picking up on them every single game. Oh dear.

You would have thought given the abuse you could name more than this but no, I wonder why? Or do we have yet another Sissoko bashing on our hands?

I've made no comment on him, just asked you to list all these "fuck ups" that he's had and knew that you would come back with what you have.

Got a chip on your shoulder about something?
Odd way to reply. Very much an internet response I suppose.

I never claimed to have a list - that was a request of your own. It doesn't shock me that the first things that spring to my mind are what you expected me to come back with - does it you?

Hardly abused him.. I called him a player that fucks up a lot and stand by that. He is clumsy in the challenge, doesn't always look in control of his tackles, can look laboured to move after giving away possession, and what's particularly frustrating for me with his foul throws - is the inability to learn from his mistakes. Doesn't matter what the play is, it's needlessly giving away possession - which is in footballing terms, in my opinion, a fuck up yes.

Sorry what's Sissoko or said bashing got to do with anything?

You made no comment on him, which is why that sentence ended with a question mark. Do you already have a set opinion about him being a 'good player' or should I say 'a player that doesn't fuck up much' then? Or is your agenda purely to disagree for the sake of it? Did you really expect me to list every single error he has made in a Spurs shirt? It would take a very long time to do that for say Vertonghen, who rarely fucks up.

Not really sure what you're getting at otherwise?

Got a chip on your shoulder about something?
Odd way to reply. Very much an internet response I suppose.

I never claimed to have a list - that was a request of your own. It doesn't shock me that the first things that spring to my mind are what you expected me to come back with - does it you?

Hardly abused him.. I called him a player that fucks up a lot and stand by that. He is clumsy in the challenge, doesn't always look in control of his tackles, can look laboured to move after giving away possession, and what's particularly frustrating for me with his foul throws - is the inability to learn from his mistakes. Doesn't matter what the play is, it's needlessly giving away possession - which is in footballing terms, in my opinion, a fuck up yes.

Sorry what's Sissoko or said bashing got to do with anything?

You made no comment on him, which is why that sentence ended with a question mark. Do you already have a set opinion about him being a 'good player' or should I say 'a player that doesn't fuck up much' then? Or is your agenda purely to disagree for the sake of it? Did you really expect me to list every single error he has made in a Spurs shirt? It would take a very long time to do that for say Vertonghen, who rarely fucks up.

Not really sure what you're getting at otherwise?
The "chip" is clearly yours given your post, I'm challenging you. That doesn't translate to having a chip.

Your post was so predictable. Whenever there is negative towards him the same get listed, just trotted out copying from others. It then gets repeated and repeated so it must be true!!!

To list a foul throw as evidence is simply a joke, as officials by and large turn a blind eye to them, I'm guessing but it would surprise me that 1 in 3 throws taken are foul throws! He came up against a twat ref.

You see when pushed you say he's clumssy in the tackle, when actually statistically he happens to be one of our best tacklers, go figure that out!?!??

The Sissoko reference was drawing an example as to how he was treated/scapegoated by many Spurs fans failing to recognise even what position he was being asked to play. I likened your comments as similar. There are posts on here slating the bloke because he's hurt his wrist whilst trying to gee his team up during a half time team talk.....get the picture?

I don't think he's been a good player for us, just because I'm challenging your post doesn't mean I think he's been that good for us. But for context, I do think he's a better footballer than Tripps, but we can and should be looking to upgrade him if not this window (getting Tripps sold is the priority) then next window.

So, remove the notion of foul throws as "fuck-ups" and his pen in Madrid we really aren't talking the catalogue of disasters you are trying to paint.

Last edited:
The "chip" is clearly yours given your post, I'm challenging you. That doesn't translate to having a chip.

Your post was so predictable. Whenever there is negative towards him the same get listed, just trotted out copying from others. It then gets repeated and repeated so it must be true!!!

To list a foul throw as evidence is simply a joke, as officials by and large turn a blind eye to them, I'm guessing but it would surprise me that 1 in 3 throws taken are foul throws! He came up against a twat ref.

You see when pushed you say he's clumssy in the tackle, when actually statistically he happens to be one of our best tacklers, go figure that out!?!??

The Sissoko reference was drawing an example as to how he was treated/scapegoated by many Spurs fans failing to recognise even what position he was being asked to play. I likened your comments as similar. There are posts on here slating the bloke because he's hurt his wrist whilst trying to gee his team up during a half time team talk.....get the picture?

I don't think he's been a good player for us, just because I'm challenging your post doesn't mean I think he's been that good for us. But for context, I do think he's a better footballer than Tripps, but we can and should be looking to upgrade him if not this window (getting Tripps sold is the priority) then next window.

So, remove the notion of foul throws as "fuck-ups" and his pen in Madrid we really aren't talking the catalogue of disasters you are trying to paint.

My point regarding throw ins was his failure to learn when pulled up on it, and to simply gift away possession when it's so easily preventable. It's not about it being a throw in, percentage of foul throws or the ref.

Stats only tell so much, and they are often flattering to players who haven't accrued many minutes. He might make a lot of successful tackles and I wouldn't expect to less from a defender. For me it's the way he tramples in, over shoots things, gets caught out then lunges in, finds himseld the wrong side of attackers, doesn't hold the line with as much discipline as the other defenders. I don't trust him. It's like watching Phil Jones play for England - he doesn't look in control of situations like say Rose.

From what I have seen in their Spurs careers, I would rather have Trippier on the ball. Neither impress me much overall, but believe Trippier has peaked with us and Serge hasn't - and would agree Trippier is the one to sell. Serge isn't consistent or good enough to be content with him being our number 1 right back next season - nor is KWP. If we went into the season with the squad as it is, everyone fit - I would start Trippier for the first game.

I wont remove the notion of failing to learn from your mistakes as a flaw, nor will I remove gifting away possession as a fuck up. I didn't mention any of his penalties conceded though.

So you think he's below us in ability, but isn't error prone?

See I think he does have the ability, liked what I saw at PSG and was excited about signing him. Still have faith in Poch to sort him out and get a good few seasons from him eventually. As a footballer he appears very capable to me, but mistake prone people rarely change.

My point regarding throw ins was his failure to learn when pulled up on it, and to simply gift away possession when it's so easily preventable. It's not about it being a throw in, percentage of foul throws or the ref.

Stats only tell so much, and they are often flattering to players who haven't accrued many minutes. He might make a lot of successful tackles and I wouldn't expect to less from a defender. For me it's the way he tramples in, over shoots things, gets caught out then lunges in, finds himseld the wrong side of attackers, doesn't hold the line with as much discipline as the other defenders. I don't trust him. It's like watching Phil Jones play for England - he doesn't look in control of situations like say Rose.

From what I have seen in their Spurs careers, I would rather have Trippier on the ball. Neither impress me much overall, but believe Trippier has peaked with us and Serge hasn't - and would agree Trippier is the one to sell. Serge isn't consistent or good enough to be content with him being our number 1 right back next season - nor is KWP. If we went into the season with the squad as it is, everyone fit - I would start Trippier for the first game.

I wont remove the notion of failing to learn from your mistakes as a flaw, nor will I remove gifting away possession as a fuck up. I didn't mention any of his penalties conceded though.

So you think he's below us in ability, but isn't error prone?

See I think he does have the ability, liked what I saw at PSG and was excited about signing him. Still have faith in Poch to sort him out and get a good few seasons from him eventually. As a footballer he appears very capable to me, but mistake prone people rarely change.
My biggest disappointment with him has been his speed, I thought he was a quick FB, he doesn't appear to have much pace. I saw his first season as someone who was being too aggressive, like he knew Poch wanted him to be aggressive and also knew that he was in a physical league, I feel he overcompensated for this. It did result in him over committing when jockeying the player would have been the better option.

I'm going to ignore the foul throws, they are a total misnomer and are everything to do with the officials, not the player.

Technically he is a far superior than Tripps, he doesn't shit himself when pressed and can playout through an oppo press. I think he's got a good understanding with Sissoko which means that can play through the thirds and he can also take on his opposite number 1vs1 and thus turn the oppo. and keep them pushed back (not like Walker was able to do but way more dominant in this area than Frodo. I also thin even though he doesn't possess the pace I thought he had he does have a good engine on him, he does get up and down throughout a game (although again, nothing like Walker could).

Infuriating that he had so many injurys issues this season, could have done with rotation, which in turn that should have helped him settle further into the team, a bit like Davies has done on the left. But he's still not a top draw FB, I don't mind him being moved on as I feel KWP should be the 2nd RB, I'm confident that he can start to compete for RB and we invest in a top-quality one.

Back
Top Bottom