Season Ticket Renewals

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will you renew for next season?

• Yes

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Not if the price increases

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
Don't buy off Stubhub under any circumstance. Completely unofficial these days and a likely scam for Tottenham tickets.
I've bought four times and they've always been fine. Just expensive. Ticket exchange obviously better, when possible.

I agree with you and would do the same in your situation. I'm becoming a bit more selective as a ST although with 2 young kids not always my choice!
It's not what's being discussed here but home attendence obviously needs to be factored into ticketing points. The way anyone can feasibly not do any home league games but still stay at the top of the loyalty points table through doing the home cup games and any aways is ridiculous. If I had the base of points I'd do it myself though, would far rather do Woolwich away for £30 than Wolves at home for £65. Insane.
Agree - reward those who go to all the home games and don’t sell / pass on tickets. I had a good point total from suffering through those games at Wembley that a lot of people didn’t bother with.

I was the same.
1980s. 3 paper rounds would pay for my train and ticket.
Standing on the Paxton with a bunch of other teenagers who were junior spurs members.
Before that I used to go various grounds with my mates as all of us supported different teams and we had no problems getting tickets for any club in London.

2024 - Nowadays a long term spurs fan can’t get league tickets as the amount of people travelling halfway around the world to watch us play has increased at an incredible rate.
Alongside our fabled waiting list.
And 34million Facebook fans.
We couldn’t fill a 33k stadium when I started going by myself.

Getting tickets for the woolwich semi in 91 was hard but still doable.
Be impossible today for me as a non ST holder to get a “normal” ticket for a semi final.

And I joke about our fanbase these days as on a sunny day the view I generally have when I stand on the park lane is of a lot of balding and greying heads. I include myself in that description too.

You’re spot on. That’s our fanbase. It’s a fact.
A lot of people on this forum are 50+ and have loved spurs for life. The fact they still go to games regularly I find quite refreshing. They did their time. It’s payback!

But the past is the past. Life and football moves on.
Worth noting junior spurs season tickets are still 50% of full price. I’d say that’s as fair as it is going to get under the current owners.

Teenagers watch league 1and2 in large groups now. Premier league football is for the boomers!
The only thing I would disagree with you on is whether the foreign fan thing has any significant impact on the availability of tickets. I've seen this mentioned a lot on Spurs (and other supporters' Twitter) and it's primarily aimed at Asian fans at the game.

View: https://x.com/Lilywhite_Rose/status/1764746451924500623?s=20

I have to take the above at face value and this account is by and large accurate with its info, basically, it looks about right to me regarding availability.

The issue I've seen from our fans is that Asian fans are the ones that are the fan signalled out, the assumption is that because they "look Asian" they must be foreign and travelling to games from overseas, there is no pause for thought that they might fucking live here!!!! That they are English, born and bred here. The assumption is that they are "foreign" and are only here to support Son, not Spurs! I'd argue passionately that they many are far more animated about Spurs than the vast majority (probably white English fans) I sit next to most games.

I've been supporting Spurs since I was about 6yrs old give or take (I'm now 56), I've met and heard stories from hundreds of people who have told me "they support Spurs because of.......Jennings (and they are Irish), because of Blanchflower (they are from Northern Ireland), because of Bale (they are Welsh), because of Archibald (because they are Scottish), because of Ossie & Ricky (they are Argentinian). etc etc etc...
I'm not saying this is you my friend I'm just picking up on what I've seen on Twitter a lot lately from our fans. I'm sure you've seen/heard this said amongst our fanbase too and I think it's a myth, if that breakdown is correct less than 15% of the total Spurs ticket allocation is available to buy per game, all fans from all backgrounds have the same right to buy them than anyone.

Yes, there are foreign fans, tourists (NOT Spurs fans), at the ground but I'd take a wild stab in the dark that that's an insignificant % like tiny. And then let's ask where they get their ticket from the game, probably from a couple of my mates who sell their "spare" Season Ticket with the express aim of making money! My understanding is that we have the largest officially registered International Supporters clubs in the game (not numbers of people but a number of official Clubs). Many of these fans are just as passionate about Spurs as you or I and will come over to a game as a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

As you say the League is elite, so the issue is the PL is the most watched (popular) league in the World, it is the beast we all want it to be whilst simultaneously hating what it has become.

All the best fella, I cast no ill towards you only please and love.

:angehug:

It was bound to happen sooner or later after a four season freeze. TBH I thought we were going to get hit last year when many clubs did increase their prices.

I'm not saying I agree with it (or the phasing out of the pensioner discount), but prices were not going to stay at the 2020-21 level forever. It will be interesting to see how many don't renew, but I doubt it will be more than 5% or so.
I just feel prices are already over the top for what they offer so they had no right to increase further imo. It's not like they don't already earn enough.

I just feel prices are already over the top for what they offer so they had no right to increase further imo. It's not like they don't already earn enough.
Sort naming rights and they could apply a 30% discount. levy’s appointment of that US guy Todd Klein must surely have something in his back pocket?

Sort naming rights and they could apply a 30% discount. levy’s appointment of that US guy Todd Klein must surely have something in his back pocket?
I'm sorry, but that's not going to happen. Any sponsorship money will be seen as extra cash and not used to reduce ticket prices. Ticket prices will only go one way.

I'm sorry, but that's not going to happen. Any sponsorship money will be seen as extra cash and not used to reduce ticket prices. Ticket prices will only go one way.
There’s no need. It’s just so short term

Byrite, retail tactics. I actually blame Collecot for this tbh

Really pissed off with this news, being 63 the concession rate is being snatched away after 50 years of watching the club. Read some on here about millionaire pensioners, what world are these people living in.
If all these pensioners are millionaires won’t all these 22 year olds inherit a bloody fortune?
Most spurs fans my age have followed the club through thick and thin and I mean relegation and stuck with the club when they needed us most.
THIS BRINGS yet more embarrassment on us as a club.

Mate it's far more nuanced than that, isn't it?

Where are the 16-25 years olds living?
The number of families in England and Wales with adult children living with their parents rose 13.6% between the 2011 Census and Census 2021 to nearly 3.8 million. In 2021, around 1 in every 4.5 families (22.4%) had an adult child, up from around 1 in 5 (21.2%) in 2011.

And that doesn't even take into account the London Counties where the average first-time buyer needs to be earning £90k pa to buy their first home.

The entire country is fucked thanks to this rancid Government and it's set to get a hell of a lot worse. EVERYONE is affected. The point is who can afford to go to watch Spurs play, your average 22yr old or your average 66yr old? The answer is the 65yr old. So, if we are to have concession pricing who should receive it, the 22yr old or the 66yr old. Again I appreciate this is far more nuanced than this but the idea behind concessions is there to support those that can't afford it not those that can.
My parents are a prime example of financially comfortable pensioners, as they benefitted hugely from the scandalous sale of council houses in the 1980s, and after tough times also ended up with jobs that paid them decent pensions. My Dad has a OAP concessionary season ticket at West Ham, but could comfortably afford to pay more, as he has a pretty good Fire Brigade pension. They were very lucky, to be presented with this opportunity, and who wouldn't take it. On the other hand, due to the messed up UK housing sector, many youngsters are having to live cheaply in the family home whilst earning a wage, so have a decent amount of disposable income available(my 25 and 28 year old kids are living with their mum for a small fee). So I guess there are many angles when it comes to concessionary ticket pricing, and sadly it might have to come down to proof of income in the end.

My parents are a prime example of financially comfortable pensioners, as they benefitted hugely from the scandalous sale of council houses in the 1980s, and after tough times also ended up with jobs that paid them decent pensions. My Dad has a OAP concessionary season ticket at West Ham, but could comfortably afford to pay more, as he has a pretty good Fire Brigade pension. They were very lucky, to be presented with this opportunity, and who wouldn't take it. On the other hand, due to the messed up UK housing sector, many youngsters are having to live cheaply in the family home whilst earning a wage, so have a decent amount of disposable income available(my 25 and 28 year old kids are living with their mum for a small fee). So I guess there are many angles when it comes to concessionary ticket pricing, and sadly it might have to come down to proof of income in the end.
Proof of income for football ticket discounts? That's never going to happen.

Yeah, agree. It's not easy to figure out and I'm not pretending to have even the right approach to it. But I do feel the way forward is to recalibrate worn-out definitions and pigeonhole stereotypes.

Fuck you Levy

Buying shopping for a family of 6 is more important to me these days (I include my dog and cat in the 6, pigs ears are well pricy now)
Pig's ears must be fashionable now, as they made an appearance on some stupid competitive cookery show that my wife watches. Pork belly was cheap enough for us paupers back in the day too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom