Season Ticket Renewals

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will you renew for next season?

• Yes

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Not if the price increases

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
Walking through Amsterdam after the game I said to my mate "I think I'm done if we win the final, there's nothing more I want to see."
Annoyingly I couldn't get a ticket for that final, and I've lost points since then somehow!

You need points to go to away games, but you have to go to the games to get the points. Dumb system.

I agree. The pie and a pint for a fiver was a great deal when it first opened, but now it's £6.59 just for a pint. I still buy a couple of beers each per match, but the food quality has gone so far downhill this season that I don't eat there anymore. I used to quite like the chicken pieces and chips, but now it's half a bag (last season it was full) of overcooked dry chicken pieces and the chips are now tasteless potato waffle things. The burger is crap and the pies are awful too.

Now they even hide the condiments and napkins at the back of the bar so you have to ask for one. WTF?

Didn't see this post when I replied above. I totally agree with you.

The food has fone from being acceptable to just plain nasty.

I really think this is a very valid point.

I think most people in their minds eye picture a retired person this springs to mind...
k3c25nMjE6BxCeLqh_a9kymEhzz1RrI1.jpg

When the reality is (apparently 44% of Spurs ST's are +65yrs old??)
imageedit_2_7863506399.jpg

I've said for years that the biggest area for concessions at the Club should be geared towards the young. This generation is fucked, this generation is to carry the burden of the excess of the current "baby boomers" who in the history of Western civilization have never had it so good.

There are generalizations here, there will always be retired people who are struggling, a Lady I sat a few seats from at the Old Lane couldn't renew her ST for the New Stadium (neither could I in truth as our seats were front row upper east on the half way line, so went from £1200 to +£5k pa and a multi-year commitment to go like for like).

I will OPPOSE ALL ticket price increases. I will SUPPORT the notion that retired fans should have concessions BUT I believe there should be some radicle new thoughts put into place the reality is the vast majority of +65yr olds are wealthier than 22yrs olds, and isn't the point of concessions is to support those that can't afford to by a ticket?

The lifeblood of the Club is it's fans (match day fans - including those that can only get to 2 or 3 games per season, having an ST doesn't make you a more "deserving fan"). Without new young blood supporters who are priced out of the club, it threatens the very future of the live matchday experience.

I want to see young fans receive concessions AND I want to see the "elderly fan" (I don't know exactly the definition here perhaps +75yrs) get concessions. The idea that a 66yr old with a healthy pension earning him/her an income greater than that of your average 22yr old doesn't sit well at all.

A brave rethink is required, rather than sticking to outdated definitions of wealth of affordability. Always NO to ticket price rises but it's time to think creatively about where concessions should be applied.

I saw the junior prices the other day and they are a pisstake. If you are taking a 7 year old it costs the same as taking a 17 year old. That isn’t right. There needs to be another band of say under 13 is something like 15 quid a ticket.

Walking through Amsterdam after the game I said to my mate "I think I'm done if we win the final, there's nothing more I want to see."
I wasn't in Amsterdam but had the same thoughts out in Madrid. It would have been like completing it all on the hardest setting. Champions of Europe - How could we achieve anything better? Obviously I'd stay Spurs but would I care as much about 'being there' - nope. But then those bastards lost and kept me like a crack habit for what will probably be the rest of my days.

Annoyingly I couldn't get a ticket for that final, and I've lost points since then somehow!

You need points to go to away games, but you have to go to the games to get the points. Dumb system.

I went to the final and it still haunts me until this day. You’re lucky you didn’t go.

Agree with the rest of what you say though. Can’t get away tickets at all.

I saw the junior prices the other day and they are a pisstake. If you are taking a 7 year old it costs the same as taking a 17 year old. That isn’t right. There needs to be another band of say under 13 is something like 15 quid a ticket.

People would abuse it.

And it’s always been that way - there has never been staggered age groups. Just junior spurs I’m sure.
Like paying for a seat for a child on a plane.

But do we want a stadium full of children?? Fuck that. I hate that high pitched screaming you get at England under 21 matches.

Premier league football is elite. With elite pricing. That’s just life.

Go to league 1 and 2 if you want cheaper tickets and youngsters.

I stupidly renewed in the last 5 minutes of the window after insisting I wouldn’t. But I have only been to a handful of home league game this year. I share it with a friend and then sell on the exchange which has been very easy this season. With the credits building up renewing won’t be an issue. But it’s too costly for me not to cash in as much as possible. I’ve been to more away games than home games this year. It’s market forces. £100 cash back and other costs saved for not going to a home game. £30 - admittedly plus travel - for going to away games. Ticketing system is fucked right now. Home matches are obscene and away ones are too cheap.

I agree with you and would do the same in your situation. I'm becoming a bit more selective as a ST although with 2 young kids not always my choice!
It's not what's being discussed here but home attendence obviously needs to be factored into ticketing points. The way anyone can feasibly not do any home league games but still stay at the top of the loyalty points table through doing the home cup games and any aways is ridiculous. If I had the base of points I'd do it myself though, would far rather do Woolwich away for £30 than Wolves at home for £65. Insane.

And the quality has got much worse. At the beginning it was actually 'reasonably' priced and decent quality.

Now it is around £11 for something that is just about edible.
No doubt Shady will say it’s the Spurs customers own fault for spending their money on it . Can’t blame Daniel if the mug Spurs customers ( for that is all we are to ENIC ) pay up .

Last edited:
I agree with you and would do the same in your situation. I'm becoming a bit more selective as a ST although with 2 young kids not always my choice!
It's not what's being discussed here but home attendence obviously needs to be factored into ticketing points. The way anyone can feasibly not do any home league games but still stay at the top of the loyalty points table through doing the home cup games and any aways is ridiculous. If I had the base of points I'd do it myself though, would far rather do Woolwich away for £30 than Wolves at home for £65. Insane.
I share (and pay for) two Gold STs with my two (40+ year old) sons. I try to go to every home game including cups and they go to roughly half each. They both work in the emergency services and could not afford to pay for an ST for themselves (not while I'm around anyway), let alone for their kids. Their shifts mean that they could never do every match anyway, so it works out really well.

This season I've been to all except Man U (all three of us were banned because it was my birthday, so I sold them on the exchange for £95 each) and Brighton (I was in hospital, but the other two went). Last season I sold two pairs on the exchange and the season before one.

People would abuse it.

And it’s always been that way - there has never been staggered age groups. Just junior spurs I’m sure.

But do we want a stadium full of children?? Fuck that. I hate that high pitched screaming you get at England under 21 matches.

No I don’t want a stadium full of kids. But similarly I don’t want a stadium full of moaning cunts.

Have you seen how much the state pension is?
My Mum and Dad both worked hard and were by no means poor but they struggle to live off their pension money both state and private.
At 22 you life is ahead of you and most people will earn more as they get older. When you are retired you have the money you have no more no less and you can’t always earn more to help
I do get this mate, I've got retired parents too who are both on very small pensions. I too am only 10yrs away from pensionable age.

EVERYONE is fucked.

Whilst a 22yr old is likely to increase their wage potential, it is becoming increasingly likely they will never have the disposable income that has been enjoyed by their parents and grandparents (this generation has been the most selfish and greedy - these words are those of my parents) there has ever been.

But the truth is "most" +65ys olds have more disposable income than "most" 22yr olds. So what makes them more eligible for concessions than 56yrs olds? (I get the loyalty argument amongst some of those affected are those that have been going to The Lane for decades and I am very open to promoting concessions to an older age bracket than 65-75yr olds for example that have been season ticket holders for decades).

There are exceptions in EVERY age bracket, but this isn't about catering for your mum or dad or mine, it's about working off averages.

Like I've said I oppose EVERY price rise no matter who this affects. I oppose the current price rise and I oppose the getting rid of concessions.

That said given the state of the economy within this country (and for many others in the Western world) the definitions of pensioners need to be addressed because the countries will continue to decline at even faster rates if the ever-increasing burden (western economies have shrinking young working age groups and an increasing older age groups) to be put on the shoulders of the young who are as a whole have it far, far worse than our current group of eligible pensioners who have never been as wealthy, who have never had such a better standard of living afforded to them in the history of mankind (wealth, health and no world wars to fight).

People would abuse it.

tottenham-hotspur-fans-at-wembley-stadium-for-the-fa-cup-final-replay-against-manchester-city.jpg

I was a lot younger than these lads at this final (lied to my parents and said i was going to a mate's house but took myself to the final without a clue where Wembley was let alone how to even get there) but that's still a majority of young people able to get to a football game let alone a final and we all know to get a ticket to a final you first had to queue up for about a day and keep your fingers cross they didn't sell out before it was your turn, no circle of doom to moan about whilst we sit in the warm comfort of our homes).

It's often said that the atmosphere is shit these days (this is every supporter of every club says so), loads of theories put out there but one undeniable fact is, the above photo shows the demographic of the match day fan doesn't resemble the above. It's on the whole balding, bald or grey-haired old cunts, I put myself in that category! I want a youthful, vibrant, enthusiastic matchday crowd back at the Lane. This age group is on the whole priced out. (As a 12yr old my paper round would mean I could afford to watch Spurs).

tottenham-hotspur-fans-at-wembley-stadium-for-the-fa-cup-final-replay-against-manchester-city.jpg

I was a lot younger than these lads at this final (lied to my parents and said i was going to a mate's house but took myself to the final without a clue where Wembley was let alone how to even get there) but that's still a majority of young people able to get to a football game let alone a final and we all know to get a ticket to a final you first had to queue up for about a day and keep your fingers cross they didn't sell out before it was your turn, no circle of doom to moan about whilst we sit in the warm comfort of our homes).

It's often said that the atmosphere is shit these days (this is every supporter of every club says so), loads of theories put out there but one undeniable fact is, the above photo shows the demographic of the match day fan doesn't resemble the above. It's on the whole balding, bald or grey-haired old cunts, I put myself in that category! I want a youthful, vibrant, enthusiastic matchday crowd back at the Lane. This age group is on the whole priced out. (As a 12yr old my paper round would mean I could afford to watch Spurs).

I was the same.
1980s. 3 paper rounds would pay for my train and ticket.
Standing on the Paxton with a bunch of other teenagers who were junior spurs members.
Before that I used to go various grounds with my mates as all of us supported different teams and we had no problems getting tickets for any club in London.

2024 - Nowadays a long term spurs fan can’t get league tickets as the amount of people travelling halfway around the world to watch us play has increased at an incredible rate.
Alongside our fabled waiting list.
And 34million Facebook fans.
We couldn’t fill a 33k stadium when I started going by myself.

Getting tickets for the woolwich semi in 91 was hard but still doable.
Be impossible today for me as a non ST holder to get a “normal” ticket for a semi final.

And I joke about our fanbase these days as on a sunny day the view I generally have when I stand on the park lane is of a lot of balding and greying heads. I include myself in that description too.

You’re spot on. That’s our fanbase. It’s a fact.
A lot of people on this forum are 50+ and have loved spurs for life. The fact they still go to games regularly I find quite refreshing. They did their time. It’s payback!

But the past is the past. Life and football moves on.
Worth noting junior spurs season tickets are still 50% of full price. I’d say that’s as fair as it is going to get under the current owners.

Teenagers watch league 1and2 in large groups now. Premier league football is for the boomers!

I do get this mate, I've got retired parents too who are both on very small pensions. I too am only 10yrs away from pensionable age.

EVERYONE is fucked.

Whilst a 22yr old is likely to increase their wage potential, it is becoming increasingly likely they will never have the disposable income that has been enjoyed by their parents and grandparents (this generation has been the most selfish and greedy - these words are those of my parents) there has ever been.

But the truth is "most" +65ys olds have more disposable income than "most" 22yr olds. So what makes them more eligible for concessions than 56yrs olds? (I get the loyalty argument amongst some of those affected are those that have been going to The Lane for decades and I am very open to promoting concessions to an older age bracket than 65-75yr olds for example that have been season ticket holders for decades).

There are exceptions in EVERY age bracket, but this isn't about catering for your mum or dad or mine, it's about working off averages.

Like I've said I oppose EVERY price rise no matter who this affects. I oppose the current price rise and I oppose the getting rid of concessions.

That said given the state of the economy within this country (and for many others in the Western world) the definitions of pensioners need to be addressed because the countries will continue to decline at even faster rates if the ever-increasing burden (western economies have shrinking young working age groups and an increasing older age groups) to be put on the shoulders of the young who are as a whole have it far, far worse than our current group of eligible pensioners who have never been as wealthy, who have never had such a better standard of living afforded to them in the history of mankind (wealth, health and no world wars to fight).

Oh i totally agree that we are all fucked 😂
TBH I feel more sorry for the parents of the kids that leave school nowadays, from my experience and talking to others most parents have their kids living with them till their late 20s and spend a lot of their time bringing the grandchildren up

Last edited:
Unjustifiable. Probably been wanting to do it for a while but because team performance has been such a shitshow and a lot of fans being unhappy with the style of play since the end of the poch reign he hasn't been able to. Our fans being so easily pleased by a bit of attacking football has given him the window to do what's probably been on the cards for a while.
Wasn’t there a rumoured price increase last year? Then abandoned due to the end of season car crash.

Back
Top Bottom