Season Ticket Renewals

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will you renew for next season?

• Yes

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Not if the price increases

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
It will be quite a lot (and increasing) judging by the general age demographic.

You could only get them in specific areas anyway - my Dad actually moved from a concessionary area to a full priced area as the tickets he had were too high up.
Same here, I don't want to sit with a load of old codgers (even though I'm one myself!), I'd think even a 10-20% discount for over- 65s would appease a lot of people.
Having said that, not one of the royal places offer a discount for pensioners!
Market forces, I suppose.

Suppose they think they can stick this on while the team are doing well, future looking bright.
how many season tickets are taken by pensioners, any idea.
There are many thousands, but the total number of concession STs is very limited (I don't know how many) and the chances of moving to one are pretty slim, especially if you want to move with others in a family or friends group.

Most will just stay in their old seats and pay 100% if they can afford it (e.g. me, Mrs P, etc.).

I have a theory spurs are about to be sold and Danny has raised prices and screwed over the elderly so that the new owners can come in and reverse his decisions and immediately be the good guys.
Laying out a ticket plan for the next 5 years is a good way to make people believe you’re here for the long term.

Like the move to Stratford and hiring private investigators etc he just likes to push it to the limit. The skill set of an Oscar winning method actor.

I’m sure he is quite upset by all the ill feeling he causes. His hearts in the right place!!

I've just renewed our ST's.
My daughter had £440 built up from the past couple of seasons, so only had to pay £1600 in total.
Plus guy I used to work for says he will pay for my ST.
So less than £600 after that. :coys:
They won't get mine until the last minute!

Defend War GIF

I jacked mine in for the 2022-2023 season.

It's quite strange really, when you go regularly you can't imagine not doing it.

Once you stop it makes you wonder what you were thinking laying out £4k annually of your gross salary and 5 hours travelling 20-25 times a season.

I have friends that gave up their STs after 15-20 years and they all say the same, the first season afterwards was difficult but by the second season you don't miss it.

I can vouch for that.
I plan to give up once I see us win a cup.

Or die.

At 42, I don't know which will come first.

Sold my Forest ticket yesterday because Monday night 8pm can fuck right off.

Went to bank my £69

Levy says no. Can't withdraw any funds, all I can do is use it towards a renewal. So if I want the money, I have to wait until the end of May to claim it. My money. And knowing Greedy, there will be a months wait before I can claim it.

So in summary

6% across the board increase for fans of one of the most successful (financially lol) clubs in Europe.
40%+ increase for seniors who are least likely to be able to afford it on pensions
Stopped fans from claiming their own money for a min of 3 months.

My chairman

Is a cunt.

The 6% rise is a disgrace.

But the withdrawal of concessions for Senior Citizens is not. The average pensioner has more disposable income than the average person.

1 in 4 pensioners is a millionaire.

The 6% rise is a disgrace.

But the withdrawal of concessions for Senior Citizens is not. The average pensioner has more disposable income than the average person.

1 in 4 pensioners is a millionaire.

Where did you get that stat from? Is that 1in4 pensioners in Mayfair??

Why are they always talking about state pensions being too low and not being able to heat houses in winter??

I could have a senior's reduction on my season ticket if I move to another part of the stadium, away from my friends.
It appears to be acceptable to corral old people into a pen together.
Strangely there doesn't appear to be a designated section for black people, gay people or women.
That would be racist, homophobic and misogynistic.
Ageism though, fill yer boots.

Just when you thought Levy was listening to fans, he finds another 'fuck you.'

I stupidly renewed in the last 5 minutes of the window after insisting I wouldn’t. But I have only been to a handful of home league game this year. I share it with a friend and then sell on the exchange which has been very easy this season. With the credits building up renewing won’t be an issue. But it’s too costly for me not to cash in as much as possible. I’ve been to more away games than home games this year. It’s market forces. £100 cash back and other costs saved for not going to a home game. £30 - admittedly plus travel - for going to away games. Ticketing system is fucked right now. Home matches are obscene and away ones are too cheap.

Back
Top Bottom