Scum (A) 24/09- 2PM - SUPER ANGE 🥰

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They are a pretty good and well-balanced side and will be up for it. I wouldn't complain for one second if we really go for it and leave there with a point.

Can't go down there without a proper fight.

Important thing is to go there and not shit the bed. Don't want to be conceding in the first 10 minutes, as it instantly opens us up.
They'll put everything into an early goal.

My concern is that we are still a bit green with big occasions, they froze up a little just because it was Man U. Need to focus on our own game and not believe the hype.

They'll put everything into an early goal.

My concern is that we are still a bit green with big occasions, they froze up a little just because it was Man U. Need to focus on our own game and not believe the hype.

Woolwich are very good

Early goal or not, they won't tire or lose patience.

It's just how it is at present, so all we can try and be, is as good as we can.

The biggest issue is they have 3 or 4 players who can and usually do deliver. That's a lot to contend with, whoever the opponent.

They do lack something thankfully (in my opinion), but that is in the bigger analysis.

Woolwich are very good

Early goal or not, they won't tire or lose patience.

It's just how it is at present, so all we can try and be, is as good as we can.

The biggest issue is they have 3 or 4 players who can and usually do deliver. That's a lot to contend with, whoever the opponent.

They do lack something thankfully (in my opinion), but that is in the bigger analysis.
Don't be so fearful mate.

There's a saying in mixed martial arts - punch a black belt in the face he turns into a brown belt. Punch him again he turns into a purple belt etc.

It's a big ask but the team has it in them to make Woolwich suffer, it's just about execution on the day with all the noise/atmosphere. This is a new fresh crop, they'll be brave either way.

Wow. The delusion and arrogance is actually unbelievable. As many have said you would swear they won the treble last season.

Everyone talking about Maddison and Son, but the one selection no one is really talking about here is that bum Gabriel over Romero.
Absolutely incredible that Romero is still not rated by many of the pundits/rival fans.

As many have said, it such a horrible fixture, because even if we lose after putting in a fantastic performance we will still get the piss absolutely ripped out of us by Woolwich and the media and it would be for absolutely nothing.

I would honestly bite both your hands off for a scrappy 0-0/1-1 right now.

Wow. The delusion and arrogance is actually unbelievable. As many have said you would swear they won the treble last season.

Everyone talking about Maddison and Son, but the one selection no one is really talking about here is that bum Gabriel over Romero.
Absolutely incredible that Romero is still not rated by many of the pundits/rival fans.

As many have said, it such a horrible fixture, because even if we lose after putting in a fantastic performance we will still get the piss absolutely ripped out of us by Woolwich and the media and it would be for absolutely nothing.

I would honestly bite both your hands off for a scrappy 0-0/1-1 right now.

How anyone can pick Raya or Ramsdale over Vicario when neither if them are even the #1 in their own team, let alone a combined team.

Vicario is probably GK of the season so far with the saves he's made. Granted I haven't seen much of anyone else.

How anyone can pick Raya or Ramsdale over Vicario when neither if them are even the #1 in their own team, let alone a combined team.

Vicario is probably GK of the season so far with the saves he's made. Granted I haven't seen much of anyone else.
Meh, tbf there can be an argument made for Raya over Vicario.
Raya has been an excellent Premier League GK for some time now, too early to say Vicario is better so far IMO.

Emotionally - losing this game is going to hurt us (supporters), and teach the team and manager what they have to do, to step up. Let's be realistic about where we are this season, we have beaten Sheffield United, Burnley and Bournemouth, all of whom we should be beating. We beat a ragged Manure who are in disarray and drew away to Brentford.
Our first SERIOUS challenge this season is to play a NLD, away to last seasons second placed team (who finished 24 points above us.)
Yep - we are different sauce this season, but losing this, in material terms, isn't the end of the world.

As far as I'm aware, they are a good possession team who like to play on the front foot, but so are we. If we stick to our pattern of play under Ange, we could get a result out of this fixture - if we are brave and stick to our game, the defence doesn't crumble and we show the resilience we did in the last game.

A good game for Richie to notch another in.

COYS!

ps - if we score more than them, I think we'll win this!
:)

I must be on something because this is the first time I honestly think we will definitely not lose this. What Ange and this group of players have made in such a short space of time is incredible. First massive test and I think we’ll come through it. I believe Ange will fancy this and put Johnson on the left and sonny through the middle. The space they leave is so enticing for quick players and when you have someone like Maddison who will pick those easy passes in behind them more often than not then it’s something we must utilise. Sarr’s runs from a wider midfield area will be another weapon we must use as they are not great at tracking runners.
I’m going for 2-1 to us with Maddison and sonny with the winner.

Out of interest who would you take from them that would make us better???
I’d only take Odegaard and Saka. Last season I’d have took them all apart from their centre forward. Just shows where we are now.

its fucking Woolwich. Put it to them and they fold.

They say the same about us.

Our record at the emirates is pretty shocking. I don’t think I will ever forget Fabregas scoring a goal I was used to seeing under 11s concede.

i-cant-unsee-that-gross.gif

Back
Top Bottom