Scum (A) 24/09- 2PM - SUPER ANGE 🥰

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Although it may be true, if I see one more Woolwich fan (or spurs for that matter) saying the only test we’ve had so far is a poor Man United team, I will scream.

Oddly enough, that’s the only ‘big’ test Woolwich have faced so far too!

And while we looked shaky against Man United for the first 45, I seem to remember Man United giving Woolwich a hard time for large parts of their game too!

One would.

We need to deal with the reality, which should not in any way be mistaken for what I hope we can do on Sunday.

The words between now and 4pm on Sunday are but backing singers.

No, she’s right.

No real spurs fan would say that.

You want to kiss gooner ass, do it somewhere else, cheers.

Better dead than red :dembelefingers:

EDIT: Of course adding those players into one's fantasy football team doesn't count.

:levyeyes:

Last edited:
Saka???? Martinelli?

Nothing like blue and white tinted glasses.
bury-those-cockroaches-scarface.gif

I can't stand that lot but it's as if hating them or being overly optimistic, or in the analysis, plainly biased, is enough to see us prevail.
We need to deal with the reality, which should not in any way be mistaken for what I hope we can do on Sunday.

You already said your fear of disappointment over-rides you allowing yourself to be hopefully (which is just a synonym for cowardice, tbh).

You should stick with that explanation, rather than pontificate to others about not being realistic or too partizan...... It's more honest.

Huge pressure on Woolwich. This is their biggest test so far this season and thanks to absolute whoppers like Paul Merson, all the pressure is on them. They're expected to dominate a team that was in ruins only a few months ago. If they don't, it's going to cause a lot of damage.

Where as for us, we're 5 Premier League games into a season under a manager who has got us playing a totally different system to what we're used to. We're still well and truly inside the transitional period and despite our excellent run so far, slip ups are expected until we're fully bedded in. No one outside of the fanbase expects us to win, and it's not the end of the world if we lose, the same level of pressure just isn't there. I imagine as long as the players execute Ange's style of play, he'll be happy (and I reckon the fans will be too).

With that being said, I think Woolwich are there for the taking. They're nowhere near as good as certain pundits claim. I think we'll win on Sunday but if we don't, as long as we execute Ange ball I'll be happy, albeit a bit disappointed that we failed to beat the South Londoners.

I don’t expect to win because this is a brutal fixture for even the very best teams, all I want is for us to play with courage.

Our last few performances there have been cowardly and disgusting to watch. Be brave on and off the ball, make the opponent suffer. Too often in recent years we get beaten without even making the opponent sweat.
Spot on I was humiliated by what happened here last time . Was the nail in the Conte coffin for me. So it's a very low base. Ironically only Sarr came out it with any credit but it's going to be very hard game indeed. Let's show some fight and pride from first to last.

Really looking forward to the match. Two teams that both want the ball suggests that things will be more open than usual. First goal scored should set the tone. If it is by Spurs it could take some wind out of Woolrich's sails. They really haven't been tested to the degree Spurs have so we'll see how they react to playing from behind. I suspect not well.

Woolwich are very good

Early goal or not, they won't tire or lose patience.

It's just how it is at present, so all we can try and be, is as good as we can.

The biggest issue is they have 3 or 4 players who can and usually do deliver. That's a lot to contend with, whoever the opponent.

They do lack something thankfully (in my opinion), but that is in the bigger analysis.

If we keep the ball their big players won’t have as many opportunities to deliver.

I think the key for us is Biss being press resistant and our midfield winning the game against their counterparts.

Back
Top Bottom