Rudiger claims he heard monkey chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m glad they have used words like “allegedly” and “appeared to”

Quite right but the headlines everywhere slam the club ... it's like you speeding in your Ford, would the papers all scream "Ford's Day of Shame" ... and you might kill someone, some complete wanker who thinks he's a monkey will only get himself killed ... in fact if he did blatantly do the monkey dance I'm saddened he didn't get smacked, that's what normally happens at the Lane.

Quite right but the headlines everywhere slam the club ... it's like you speeding in your Ford, would the papers all scream "Ford's Day of Shame" ... and you might kill someone, some complete wanker who thinks he's a monkey will only get himself killed ... in fact if he did blatantly do the monkey dance I'm saddened he didn't get smacked, that's what normally happens at the Lane.

Unless you’re mummy mummy of course. He did think about telling someone though..

Every single time other team's supporters have been accused they show footage of the supporters.
So far no footage of the baddie Spurs' fans.

The fact the stadium announcer is on record as giving several warnings during the game, so something was reported for sure....be interesting tho if it was actually a Spurs fan, hopefully the individual/s are identified and this confirmed....
Anyhow, what’s complete shit day all round!!

Now don't call me cynical but we are getting back into the game and we suddenly have allegations of racism by a Chelsea player who looked as though he feigned injury to those around me. First I read about racist singing by Spurs fans, er didn't hear any. Then it was racist chanting by Spurs fans, er didn't hear any. Then it was monkey noises, er didn't hear any. Now don't call me cynical but this stoppage broke up a period of play where Spurs were getting back into the game. Deal with genuine racism and the individual(s) concerned if it is there but being in a position overlooking where this was supposed to have happened I smell a rat.

Maybe someone was calling him a fucking german? Well at least I would have. "Piefkesau". I think that is racist too, though.

Well, if there really was something, he can try to help find out what/who was responsible. Let's see if he does that.

Didn’t this bloke get cleared in the end? Not 100% sure so I won’t stick up for him too much but I thought they got a team of professional lip readers in and it turned out he was telling the truth. If true, another case of trial by social media before the facts are gathered, geezer lost his job and everything

Soccer in the UK and Europe has a huge issue with racism, so it's irrelevant for any club to claim they are "more racist" than the other. As a non-European, who has been immersed in the European cultures, it seems very cringe when a certain team always pointing fingers at the other team's fans or being "racist". It's a well documented fact that soccer is followed by people from lower socio-economic backgrounds in the UK, so these things such as racism, homophobia, xenophobia, etc are part and parcel of the sport.

As for the events today, I hope the fans get punished.

Soccer in the UK and Europe has a huge issue with racism, so it's irrelevant for any club to claim they are "more racist" than the other. As a non-European, who has been immersed in the European cultures, it seems very cringe when a certain team always pointing fingers at the other team's fans or being "racist". It's a well documented fact that soccer is followed by people from lower socio-economic backgrounds in the UK, so these things such as racism, homophobia, xenophobia, etc are part and parcel of the sport.

As for the events today, I hope the fans get punished.
And this coming from an American. :mourfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom