Rudiger claims he heard monkey chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just watching it again. When the alleged incident happened, Kane was the closest person to Rudiger and was at least ten yards further away from the stand. That could put to bed the idea that someone else must have heard what happened. Easy to understand if it did happen that Rudiger was the only person to hear it.

Interesting that the main headline from today's game was "Game Marred by racist abuse"
...yet I'm sure someone (a 14 year old Burnley fan) got kicked for abusing Sonny...
Didn't make the front page that day!

Just watching it again. When the alleged incident happened, Kane was the closest person to Rudiger and was at least ten yards further away from the stand. That could put to bed the idea that someone else must have heard what happened. Easy to understand if it did happen that Rudiger was the only person to hear it.

That could account for the ‘hearing ‘ part but he also saw monkey impressions apparently. These would be far more easy to prove.

22567458-0-image-m-6_1577048529223.jpg

Spot the person doing the monkey impressions? Spurs fan right?

That could account for the ‘hearing ‘ part but he also saw monkey impressions apparently. These would be far more easy to prove.
Fat Frank and their captain interviewed on MOTD2 and neither mentioned him seeing anything, just hearing noises. Starting to look like the visual thing isnt actually a thing.

I just hope the club does the right thing. If they have strong evidence then ban for life but if they have no evidence I hope they don’t feel as if they have to act for the sake of it and ban some innocent people.

If they close this with no action no doubt we would be accused of allowing racism.

Shows what a pathetic PC correct nation we're being turned into by years of bullshit politics ....

Monkey Insults are Not Acceptable we all know that

One player allegedly hearing one fan does not make 62,000 people racist .... this is overreaction of the highest order. The club and the EPL have the means to identify that fan and punish him, just as you identify and punish any individual who commits a crime, not the 62,000 people who were standing near by.

This will become an epidemic as overpaid premadonnas scream race at the drop of a hat - not for one second saying it's right, it isn't but the overreaction is utterly ridiculous ... you're a professional deal with it in a professional way .... DIVING CUNT

I mean, literally no one is saying that.

Fat Frank and their captain interviewed on MOTD2 and neither mentioned him seeing anything, just hearing noises. Starting to look like the visual thing isnt actually a thing.
Think about it this way - if you think you've heard monkey noises then the best way to articulate that fast to your captain and/or the referee is to point to your ear and do the monkey arms thing. That's exactly what he did.

Think about it this way - if you think you've heard monkey noises then the best way to articulate that fast to your captain and/or the referee is to point to your ear and do the monkey arms thing. That's exactly what he did.
I agree. But that has lead to reports of him seeing monkey gestures. Which it appears he didn’t.

I agree. But that has lead to reports of him seeing monkey gestures. Which it appears he didn’t.
Shows the pitfalls of Neville and co. discussing this post-match as if anything had actually been proven yet. It's been portrayed in the most negative possible way immediately (because, of course, this country/the media are all so racist. ahem).

If it did end up being a misunderstanding, expect the story to fade away without any apologies for the aspersions that have been cast already.

Back
Top Bottom