Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

soccer-fa-cup-fifth-round-tottenham-12457319.jpg

Dxg9FxBVsAAyU_S.jpg

The Shelf though..........teary eyed
I remember playing the goons in the late 80s(think it may have 87/88 as i dont think we had Gazza a this time) and unlike my first NLD they brought loads.Filled up the park lane,and then the cage(the police put them in there).probably the most i have seen them turn up at ours with.I was bang next to them ,where the shelf joined the cage.Seeing all their muggy faces scrunched up against the mesh fence was quite nauseating, to be honest.Strange breed,that lot.

When Walker had just started as a very young keeper I remember him doing something similar, catching a high cross one handed, it was like watching Jennings all over again.

Not long afterwards he did something even more cool. A back pass with the attacker bearing down on him, chipped the ball over him and retrieved it to pass the ball out to the full back. I never saw him do that ever again, I imagine the manager and the rest of the team banned him!

For a while, it looked like we'd finally produced a great first team keeper from the academy. Shame how it turned out.

I actually worked there, behind the bar. Thought it would be a good way to earn some extra cash, and as I was in the vicinity to see the game, just meant getting there a bit earlier. However, although the manager let me leave five minutes before kick off, it was a race to get in for kick off and I couldn't get to the front of the shelf. So I lasted one week!!!

I actually worked there, behind the bar. Thought it would be a good way to earn some extra cash, and as I was in the vicinity to see the game, just meant getting there a bit earlier. However, although the manager let me leave five minutes before kick off, it was a race to get in for kick off and I couldn't get to the front of the shelf. So I lasted one week!!!
That is really cool and...................... I mean that.
How old were you in that picture....................i'm joking.

Back
Top Bottom