Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dwi1eRCU8AAIazJ.jpg:large
Wow, them big hands. Hate to bring it up, but Jennings leaving for that lot down the road is my saddest day ever as a Spurs supporter.

Last edited:
Wow, them big hands. Hate to bring it up, but Jennings leaving for that lot down the road is my saddest day ever as a Spurs supporter.
I was 9.I thought my world had ended..
Thats why Judus doing it all those years later could never hurt me as bad as it did some.
Don't get me wrong,i hate the man with a passion, but it didn't cut as deep as when jennings left.
Big Pat was probably the only man who could do what he did and redeem himself.Still a spurs legend,where as Campbell.......

As a side note, i remember as a young un (about 14/15) Pat came through the "shopping centre" on our estate to pick his Mrs up from the hairdressers and a group of about 20 of us all started singing "we hate Woolwich"...He stopped ,turned back to look at us giving us a steely look, then broke into a grin and said " And so do i".
We all cheered and clapped.
Top bloke

Nah, it was Nayim sent off for dissent.
When I saw the first post for VDH, for some reason I thought it was the game against Forest where Gazza scored 2 free kicks, 1 of which he took whilst Shilton was still lining up the wall. The ref allowed it.
I had to do a Danny !, as I obviously got it wrong.

This shows the goals along with a mention of Nayim and VDH sending off, unfortunatley no video of the tackle assault.

That's brilliant! Thanks for that, well at least some of my memory is still intact at least!!

I was 9.I thought my world had ended..
Thats why Judus doing it all those years later could never hurt me as bad as it did some.
Don't get me wrong,i hate the man with a passion, but it didn't cut as deep as when jennings left.
Big Pat was probably the only man who could do what he did and redeem himself.Still a spurs legend,where as Campbell.......

As a side note, i remember as a young un (about 14/15) Pat came through the "shopping centre" on our estate to pick his Mrs up from the hairdressers and a group of about 20 of us all started singing "we hate Woolwich"...He stopped ,turned back to look at us giving us a steely look, then broke into a grin and said " And so do i".
We all cheered and clapped.
Top bloke
The difference being, of course, that Jennings didn't want to leave but was told he wasn't wanted.
Judas could have gone to, literally, any club in the world.
Nice post by the way.

I absolutely LOVED that Yellow (Umbro?) Away kit... but I don't think it was ever on sale anywhere!
If EVER it returned for us as a 3rd kit, I would wank myself transparent!!!
It's a cracker, better than the '78 one that had the blue trim coming down in a thick line from each shoulder.

I didn't get the new Spurs shirt book for Christmas, fingers crossed I get it for my birthday in a few days time!!

Back
Top Bottom