Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Could name everyone, even the two physios .... Mike Varney and Johnny Wallis! Do I go to the top of the class?
It's amazing to think that Varney still had his own practice whilst with us, it was still a part-time job! I used to go just because he was Spurs, it was on The A10 at the junction of Carterhatch Lane in a parade of shity shops no one ever went in. Got him to sign my appoint reminder card lol.

George Mason was on the fringes of my brother's social circle in his very early playing days. When he made a few first team appearances he insisted on being called Georgio Mazzon, because he thought he might get called up by Italy.... Not sure how that panned out

It's amazing to think that Varney still had his own practice whilst with us, it was still a part-time job! I used to go just because he was Spurs, it was on The A10 at the junction of Carterhatch Lane in a parade of shity shops no one ever went in. Got him to sign my appoint reminder card lol.
Yes I remember seeing that when we used to drive past. In those days I didn't need a physio, a bit different these days with dodgy knees and aching back.

Seeing talk of Varney reminded me of when we had this guy who must have succeeded him..

$

Used to get quite the reception when he'd hobble onto the pitch

Yes I remember seeing that when we used to drive past. In those days I didn't need a physio, a bit different these days with dodgy knees and aching back.
Who would you rather have their hands on your knees Mrs P..........
Varney
mike-varney.jpg

(this is him these days, still practising)

Or, Sebastiano Pochettino (stretching it a bit here as I think mini-Poch is more sports science)

Back
Top Bottom