Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tottenham_hotspur_1975-1976-change.gif

Drooooooooool!
Bout time we had a yellow away kit last time was 14/15!

It's a cracker, better than the '78 one that had the blue trim coming down in a thick line from each shoulder.

I didn't get the new Spurs shirt book for Christmas, fingers crossed I get it for my birthday in a few days time!!
Yes I was hoping to get it for Christmas too, but wasn't lucky enough.... I'll buy it next time I'm in the shop (good excuse to pop up there again)

Wow, them big hands. Hate to bring it up, but Jennings leaving for that lot down the road is my saddest day ever as a Spurs supporter.
We had to change our socks so we ended up playing in our socks and shortsof our away kit at the time.
Our white shirts were new but the cockeral on the shirt was in the colour of our shorts royal blue not navy

How I wanted that yellow away kit we got beat 8-2 in it after been 2-0 up against derby my hero at the time Keith Osgood scored another penalty did he ever miss one?Got beat 5-0 away at city in in that kit but to me it's the best kit we ever wore.

I think that is my first away game as a spurs fan taken by my old man because I wasn't allowed to go to football after my first game Chelsea 75.
I envy anyone who can recall their first game (home or away). Sounds like we might be of the same era but I've no idea what year let alone the game was my first. Would have probably been '74 or '75. Can't remember my first Spurs away, probably '81 Cup Final if I'm honest (if I can get away with calling that away). Though I went to Chelsea more than I did Spurs in the mid to late '70s as my mates family were all ST holders, had probably 8 or 10 seats and they took me almost every week. As for Spurs back then (I was 6 or 7yrs old, with the attention span of a goldfish) I guess I went 5 times a year, mostly midweek games.

not a single stupid, pointless fucking stat mentioned, no opinion, just describing the play with enthusiasm.
It is actually the producers who are at fault for that, often the commentators are instructed to utilise facts and are given a shit tonne of statistics and also told to conduct their own analysis and collection of stats. At least that is how it works in Australia with our football network, I am unsure if English commentators get more creative control but highly doubt it.

It is actually the producers who are at fault for that, often the commentators are instructed to utilise facts and are given a shit tonne of statistics and also told to conduct their own analysis and collection of stats. At least that is how it works in Australia with our football network, I am unsure if English commentators get more creative control but highly doubt it.
I know many put a lot of work into their research here but it is stats that dominate that homework, stats of the teams, stats on the player. I hate stuff like "Tottenham haven't beaten *abc for 20yrs" when you figure that *abc is Dagenham & Redbridge and the last time we played them was er 20yrs ago, or whatever. It's utterly pointless.

I know most of them use Opta, but they aren't plugged into their system when commentating live, as Opta will tweet from their account during a game a stat, within a couple of minutes that exact same stat gets mentioned in comms. The old school commentary can be found but on the radio, so if I can sync it up (absolutely not possible if I'm streaming) I'll turn the TV shite off and overlay with radio comms.

Your probably right about the influence of the producers but it's odd how it's got to this point, even more so when a far better and immersive commentary still exists on the radio.

I know many put a lot of work into their research here but it is stats that dominate that homework, stats of the teams, stats on the player. I hate stuff like "Tottenham haven't beaten *abc for 20yrs" when you figure that *abc is Dagenham & Redbridge and the last time we played them was er 20yrs ago, or whatever. It's utterly pointless.

I know most of them use Opta, but they aren't plugged into their system when commentating live, as Opta will tweet from their account during a game a stat, within a couple of minutes that exact same stat gets mentioned in comms. The old school commentary can be found but on the radio, so if I can sync it up (absolutely not possible if I'm streaming) I'll turn the TV shite off and overlay with radio comms.

Your probably right about the influence of the producers but it's odd how it's got to this point, even more so when a far better and immersive commentary still exists on the radio.
Usually Opta send out 'stat sheets' during the week to the television company - who forward this on to the chosen commentators. Radio commentators have to literally describe the action considering we can't see anything, so they don't have as much time for stats etc. Unfortunate that commentators doesn't have as much creative control as they used to.

Usually Opta send out 'stat sheets' during the week to the television company - who forward this on to the chosen commentators. Radio commentators have to literally describe the action considering we can't see anything, so they don't have as much time for stats etc. Unfortunate that commentators doesn't have as much creative control as they used to.
It’s a strange old world when a commentator doesn’t have time to err.....commentate!

Back
Top Bottom