Retro Spurs photos

• There is only one thing weirder than posting on internet forums... lurking on internet forums!
    Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Register to remove

Shit I loved Waddle. I thought he was the best thing since sliced bread. I missed him as a kid as I only started watching football in 1990 but I watched him play for the frogs in Marsei (can't spell it) and then for Sheff Wednesday. Man he was so good - would love to have seen him in a Spur shirt.

Register to remove

Some pre-Spurs history:

Back row, centre.

Front row, centre.

From this article: http://glentoran.com/news/glentoran-and-world-cuppart-2

Danny Blanchflower was on the books at Glentoran from 1946-49 and played in two Irish Cup final defeats. He made 124 appearances for the Glens, scoring 7 goals. At international level, Blanchflower won 56 caps and scored 2 goals.

Danny was transferred to Barnsley in 1949, to Aston Villa in 1951 and then Spurs in 1954. During a decade at Spurs he captained the side to the League & FA Cup double in 1961 and also lifted the FA Cup in 1962, scoring in the final against Burnley. Blanchflower managed Northern Ireland for a short time in the late 70’s and also had a brief spell as manager of Chelsea.

Register to remove

Top Bottom