Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Scottwallace15

ScottSpurs
place to share the best old spurs photos you can find, of defining moments, great goals and fans throught the history of this great club through 'the good old glory glory days'

i'll start

Lifting the FA cup in 1967
tottenham-hotspur-celebrate-after-winning-the-1967-fa-cup-final-against-chelsea-at-wembley.jpg

Shit I loved Waddle. I thought he was the best thing since sliced bread. I missed him as a kid as I only started watching football in 1990 but I watched him play for the frogs in Marsei (can't spell it) and then for Sheff Wednesday. Man he was so good - would love to have seen him in a Spur shirt.

Some pre-Spurs history:
CoOp40s.jpg

Back row, centre.

NI58.jpg

Front row, centre.

From this article: http://glentoran.com/news/glentoran-and-world-cuppart-2

Danny Blanchflower was on the books at Glentoran from 1946-49 and played in two Irish Cup final defeats. He made 124 appearances for the Glens, scoring 7 goals. At international level, Blanchflower won 56 caps and scored 2 goals.

Danny was transferred to Barnsley in 1949, to Aston Villa in 1951 and then Spurs in 1954. During a decade at Spurs he captained the side to the League & FA Cup double in 1961 and also lifted the FA Cup in 1962, scoring in the final against Burnley. Blanchflower managed Northern Ireland for a short time in the late 70’s and also had a brief spell as manager of Chelsea.

Back
Top Bottom