Pre season 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ledley throwing out the first pitch at Anaheim Stadium. Fuck yea!
Twitter
Di1y_5-UcAA0QJT
Well at least it wasn't the Dodgers

Good attitude or needs improvement kind of attitude Guids?
(I can only talk of on pitch attitude as this is all I see). It's a perfect attitude, first off he's intelligent, he reads the game so well and knows where to be on the pitch, dropping into the defence or joining the attack, he knows when to hold onto the ball and slow things down just as when to recognise when to pick up the tempo. He conducts the team, around him and most importantly is listened to, players follow his lead. His skill on the ball is clear, however he gets stuck in, he's aggressive and takes no prisoners, this raises the competitiveness of those around him.

With all players you can see where their weaknesses are, with Skipp you can't. He's highly versatile, reads the game so well, whilst he is attracting a lot of attention through his performances, there is nothing cocky about him (this of corse could be completely different when a game is finished).

Last edited:
(I can only talk of on pitch attitude as this is all I see). It's a perfect attitude, first off he's intelligent, he reads the game so well and knows where to be on the pitch, dropping into the defence or joining the attack, he knows when to hold onto the ball and slow things down just as when to recognise when to pick up the tempo. He conducts the team, around him and most importantly is listened, players follow his lead. His skill on the ball is clear, however he gets stuck in, he's aggressive and takes no prisoners, this raises the competitiveness of those around him.

With all players you can see where they weaknesses, with Skipp you can't. He's highly versatile, reads the game so well, whilst he is attacking a lot of attention through his performances, there is nothing cocky about him (this of corse could be completely different when a game is finished).

Good info on a promising Spurs youngster, thanks Guido.

Whenever I've seen Skipp play I've been impressed with his calmness and his reactions when under pressure. He seems to not only have a good footballing brain but a lot of what he does is instinctive. I like his bullishness and his ability and desire to want to pass forward at any moment he can. I've got him earmarked as being one for the future as I do like to see what he has in a midfielder. It'll be good to see if he bulks up a little bit as he continues developing as well as it's never a bad thing having a bit of power to chuck about on a football pitch. He's definitely one to keep an eye on then and it sounds like he's got a mentality that's worthy of mixing it at our club

Good info on a promising Spurs youngster, thanks Guido.

Whenever I've seen Skipp play I've been impressed with his calmness and his reactions when under pressure. He seems to not only have a good footballing brain but a lot of what he does is instinctive. I like his bullishness and his ability and desire to want to pass forward at any moment he can. I've got him earmarked as being one for the future as I do like to see what he has in a midfielder. It'll be good to see if he bulks up a little bit as he continues developing as well as it's never a bad thing having a bit of power to chuck about on a football pitch. He's definitely one to keep an eye on then and it sounds like he's got a mentality that's worthy of mixing it at our club
Hopefully he can get some minutes on this tour. It will be a massive step up given his age and experienced. Watching him play it's so easy to forget just how young he is, he plays with an old head and he also looks about 5yrs old too.

If he doesn't get any minutes it's still OK, I remember Winks (and others) travelling with the first team all around Europe in our EL games. Al this helps a player to integrate, watch the senior players, how they prepare, how they behave etc....

Hopefully he can get some minutes on this tour. It will be a massive step up given his age and experienced. Watching him play it's so easy to forget just how young he is, he plays with an old head and he also looks about 5yrs old too.

If he doesn't get any minutes it's still OK, I remember Winks (and others) travelling with the first team all around Europe in our EL games. Al this helps a player to integrate, watch the senior players, how they prepare, how they behave etc....

I think he'll get minutes this tour. Pochettino is looking at starting the season potentially without Dembele because of his contract situ and Winks because of his injuries and rehab. I think Skipp will be given some game time as the only players I see in that central midfield area that can keep him from getting minutes in midfield are Wanyama & Sissoko & Oakley-Boothe. Of all the players that I think could impress Poch enough to force his way up the ladder this pre-season with the international duty players still nowhere to be seen and the lack of ins and outs, I'm hoping it's Skipp

Last edited:
A massive shame about Foyth being injured and not travelling. Can't help but feel that due to the lack of opportunities these guys get during the season, it would have been perfect for the likes of Foyth and especially Onomah to try and impress like Mason did during Pochs first pre-season with us.

Will be interesting to see what our line up will be against Roma and whether we are going to be straying from the 4-2-3-1 or stick to what we know.

I imagine we will line up like this:

Vorm
Aurier - Sanchez - CCV - Davies
Wanyama - Sissoko
Lucas - Lamela - Son
Llorente
Just because these are the players who we are going to be using more of throughout the season. CCV in there on the basis that we don't have any other centre backs besides Eyoma.

Hopefully we get to see Skipp though - he's the only one of the youngsters that's travelled that I can see making it at the club. Also a big opportunity for Sterling to tr and impress, though I don't have such high hopes for him to be honest.

Does anyone know if this is being rebroadcast anytime other than 4am in the morning. Would love to see the game but I ain’t getting up that early and I haven’t got premier sports

Back
Top Bottom