Pre season 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No Onomah, Janssen, Edwards or, perhaps more surprisingly, Griffiths.
Onomah, Edwards are probably the biggest omissions. Onomah because he's good and this would have been a great opportunity for him, same can be said for Edwards. If I worked for the Daily Mail I would be writing stories that we are using Onomah in a deal to get Grealish (seeing as he was there last season and both play 8). No one knows whats going on with Edwards but it's fair to say it's certainly not positive.

It could be of course be just injuries. Did Edwards play in our behind closed doors pre-season friendlies? Don't think he did.

Interesting to see that Winks isn't travelling with them. He's got to be a long way off of first team action after his injury if that's the case surely. Not great news on a CM overly reliable on a creaky Moose with a year left to run on his current deal. I can't see us selling him if Winks is still not fit in all fairness

Shit- this is actually really bad news.
Puts a lot more pressure on us to buy another CM for the season- which of course we are well past getting in with enough time to be part of Poch's pre-season plans.
Looks like we will get to enjoy a couple weeks of that excellent Wanyama-Sissoko pairing again... :/

Youngsters in the squad are :

GK's - Brandon Austin, Alfie Whiteman
Defenders - Timothy (TJ) Eyoma (CB/RB),
Midfielders - Luke Amos (CM), Tashan Oakley-Boothe (CM/AM), Skipp (CM/DM)
Winger/AM - Anthony Georgiou (LW),
Striker - Kaziah Sterling

As others have said, no Onomah is the biggest surprise, no Edwards suggests either injury or problems with him.

Hope those going get meaningful game time rather than just bench time.

Thank god you can get a pretty good starting 11 out of that as flying out to LA Wednesday and will see them Vs Barca, was scared nobody would go

This time last year I saw City muller us in Nashville, a few of my mates saw them Saturday night and only Mahrez, Sane and Hart were there basically and they were gash, far too early to play.

N'koudou and Llorente look very comfortable, Looks like we won't be selling them anytime soon.

We might be taking them as we are short of players - 10 of the 25 man squad are youngsters without any meaningful first team game time, whilst Walker-Peters and Carter-Vickers have had very little. So if we hadn't taken Llorente and N'Koudou over half the squad would be youngsters.

And that ignores the fact that Eriksen and Sanchez will have had a maximum of about 2 or 3 days pre-season before the first game, so doubt they will play ,more than say 30 minutes each in the first game.

We might well have deals lined up for last couple of days of TW, after the tour is over

No winks?

Considering he was declared 'healed' at the end of last season, if his fitness is still sketchy thats a real worry.

Bigger picture; evidently we can't rely on him being there for us over the coming months...

Both our CMs carrying question marks; not good.

Thank god you can get a pretty good starting 11 out of that as flying out to LA Wednesday and will see them Vs Barca, was scared nobody would go

This time last year I saw City muller us in Nashville, a few of my mates saw them Saturday night and only Mahrez, Sane and Hart were there basically and they were gash, far too early to play.
At least tickets weren't as expensive as they could have been as well. The tickets for City vs Dortmund were starting around $125 for bad seats.

At least tickets weren't as expensive as they could have been as well. The tickets for City vs Dortmund were starting around $125 for bad seats.

Seriously?

I wanted to to to LA for the Spurs/Barca match, but wife and I are taking the girls to Miami for the women's ICC since the local club we go to watch is playing (albeit missing 7 starters for international friendlies.) Would have been nice to see them able to play at full strength since they are 16 pts clear of 2nd with a +27 goal difference through 19 matches.

I'm taking the oldest daughter to City/Bayern while we are there, tickets were $135 USD for seats 4 rows behind the Bayern bench. We also had tickets to Dortmund/Dippers today that were $40 USD for seats at the bottom of the 2nd tier but I sold those to a friend because the wife and I just got back yesterday from a 3 day trip and are leaving for Miami on Wednesday.

Seriously?

I wanted to to to LA for the Spurs/Barca match, but wife and I are taking the girls to Miami for the women's ICC since the local club we go to watch is playing (albeit missing 7 starters for international friendlies.) Would have been nice to see them able to play at full strength since they are 16 pts clear of 2nd with a +27 goal difference through 19 matches.

I'm taking the oldest daughter to City/Bayern while we are there, tickets were $135 USD for seats 4 rows behind the Bayern bench. We also had tickets to Dortmund/Dippers today that were $40 USD for seats at the bottom of the 2nd tier but I sold those to a friend because the wife and I just got back yesterday from a 3 day trip and are leaving for Miami on Wednesday.
Yep, I was looking to go just to take my son to go see a game since it was local for us, and the seats were absolutely ridiculous. Some of them were going for $400. I just looked at the upcoming game for dortmund and liverpool and lower level, corner section seats are going for $145 each through Ticketmaster.

Ridiculous pricing, Soldier field was half empty for a game that was on 5 days after the world cup so no stars there, did you come in for the game?

I'm only going to LA because father in law treating me and we are coupling it with going out to see wifes family, Chicago Spurs are all off to the Milan game but I didnt fancy it, a Tuesday for god sake, why even bother having a tour

Yep, I was looking to go just to take my son to go see a game since it was local for us, and the seats were absolutely ridiculous. Some of them were going for $400. I just looked at the upcoming game for dortmund and liverpool and lower level, corner section seats are going for $145 each through Ticketmaster.

That is insane. I guess purchasing during the pre-sale may have saved me money. But it's also about knowing what the view is from different seats. The $40 seats I had were 4 rows closer than the view in this pic...
Sean705-20160613134932.jpg

I would have honestly preferred being up another 10-15 rows for the City/Bayern match but my daughter wanted to be as close as we could get.

Back
Top Bottom