Pre season 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Youngsters in the squad are :

GK's - Brandon Austin, Alfie Whiteman
Defenders - Timothy (TJ) Eyoma (CB/RB),
Midfielders - Luke Amos (CM), Tashan Oakley-Boothe (CM/AM), Skipp (CM/DM)
Winger/AM - Anthony Georgiou (LW),
Striker - Kaziah Sterling

As others have said, no Onomah is the biggest surprise, no Edwards suggests either injury or problems with him.

Hope those going get meaningful game time rather than just bench time.

Plus George Marsh (CM)

I imagine Onomah is injured?

If not, that's telling.

Rumours last year that he was acting like a big time Charlie when he came back from winning the youth World Cup and Poch didn't like it. I wonder how true those were.

Then again, Onomah strikes me as one of our more 'overrated' youngsters. Never particularly impressed me when given a game for the first team. Relatively disappointing out on loan. Only seemed to ever dominate youth football here and there and it wouldn't surprise me if that was more to do with him being bigger than alot of his opponents.

If not, that's telling.

Rumours last year that he was acting like a big time Charlie when he came back from winning the youth World Cup and Poch didn't like it. I wonder how true those were.

Then again, Onomah strikes me as one of our more 'overrated' youngsters. Never particularly impressed me when given a game for the first team. Relatively disappointing out on loan. Only seemed to ever dominate youth football here and there and it wouldn't surprise me if that was more to do with him being bigger than alot of his opponents.

One of the regular youth watchers thinks he may be carrying an injury - a rumour I heard without any apparent legs or basis at present is that he is part of the Jack Grealish deal to go to Villa on loan for 6 or 12 months.

One of the regular youth watchers thinks he may be carrying an injury - a rumour I heard without any apparent legs or basis at present is that he is part of the Jack Grealish deal to go to Villa on loan for 6 or 12 months.

In all honesty, I think Onomah is Championship level at best. So hopefully that deal is true.

In all honesty, I think Onomah is Championship level at best. So hopefully that deal is true.

As most youth watchers say, wait until he's played as a CM rather than an AM (as both Poch and Bruce at Villa) have done.

Surprisingly Bruce played him for the equivalent of 20 full games at Villa (excluding injuries) so clearly saw something even as an AM.

If he's not played as a CM by Poch (and Bruce if he goes to Villa on loan again), think its very unlikely he'll make it at Spurs - and obviously also means he needs to perform as a cm. He's still aged 20 so might develop via a Champ club if things don't work out for him at Spurs. Whether that means he comes back to Pl or stays in Champ is then in his hands

If not, that's telling.

Ive never really understood the fuss about Onomah.

A good player even at a young age will show some signs of quality in the premier league. Ive never really seen anything from Onomah that makes me think the kid could have something.

Who is that in the background between Ben and Chris?

rlmH3ql.jpg

Spurs 21's with first pre-season match v our neighbours Enfield Town
Marcus Edwards in team,

DizzsGFXkAAO9HX.jpg

Forgot Harrison even existed. He's really gone slipped down hasn't he? From being on the bench for the first team to being shipped out on loan to a lower league club and now completely left out of the travelling squad. 21 now too with Kane ahead of him and the likes of Sterling and Griffiths a lot higher rated.

Troy Parrott being on the bench at 16 years old for an U21 friendly is VERY promising. Saying that though, bit weird Griffiths isn't there as he's older and more experienced.

I hope the rumours of Poch not being interested in Roles are false. But him not travelling with the squad behind some others who have been selected don't look too good.

Last edited:
Forgot Harrison even existed. He's really gone slipped down hasn't he? From being on the bench for the first team to being shipped out on loan to a lower league club and now completely left out of the travelling squad. 21 now too with Kane ahead of him and the likes of Sterling and Griffiths a lot higher rated.

Troy Parrott being on the bench at 16 years old for an U21 friendly is VERY promising. Saying that though, bit weird Griffiths isn't there as he's older and more experienced.

I hope the rumours of Poch not being interested in Roles are false. But him not travelling with the squad behind some others who have been selected don't look too good.

I heard Harrison and some of the coaches had a bit of a bust up some months ago (maybe even a year?), since when he's lost ground to Sterling. Shame because I thought he was good as an u18 but hasn't continued to develop.

Parrott looked really at home in the end of season u19 tournaments, so I can see by the 2nd half of the season he may well be playing u21's. Just a question at the moment of not pushing him too hard........and giving him some sight of a career path !

Griffiths has a 3rd year scholarship rather than a pro contract (as I understand it), so not sure if he wanted that as its easier for him to move or what. Could be missing this game due to injury/personal issues etc but we'll see when he surfaces what his future might be.

Roles I like, but he was very exceptional as an u16, less a standout in u18's partly because of the competition at Spurs. Was surprised Marsh went versus some of the other options, but otherwise most of the other youngsters in US squad made sense.

Back
Top Bottom