Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reading between the lines of Ali Gold's latest video, I sadly don't think it's Ten Hag and/or Rangnick. And Poch is very unlikely too.

Seems like the board have 2 top targets, both employed elsewhere right now.
Sounds like one could be Potter, and the other is likely someone whose barely even been mentioned much yet.
It's me, folks. Just got off the phone with Daniel, the deal's done.

hank williams jr football GIF

From the ones listed above, my first choice is Poch. But overall, my first choice would be Marcelino from A. Bilbao. If both are not available, I'd take Potter or Howe form the ones still available.

NoGos are: Ragnick, Klinsmann, Hasenhüttl (imho he is a one trick pony), Southgate, Conte and Sarri. I suppose Oliver Glasner is a joke, isn't it?

He said the board have 2 top targets, both employed elsewhere right now.
Sounds like one could be Potter, and the other is likely someone whose barely even been mentioned much yet.
Again, interpret it from Levy's position.

Brighton have worked out that ten Hag isn't actually available, so Levy is inventing a mystery candidate for leverage in the negotiation on compensation for Potter.

Aside from the appointments that happened overnight: Redknapp, Ramos, Mourinho, there’s been a confident list in the past (well, Poch and Van Gaal) so I’d be amazed if there’s no smoke without fire in the Potter rumours. Interesting to see who the ‘other’ candidate will be - and whether Potter is number one or two.

So far, unimpressed, but then I didn’t want Poch so what do I know!?

I didn't mention money. Only Levy, interfering with matters he knows nothing about.
That's fine, but it is and has always been the case that our manager(s) that has the final say on players.

Many issues that I don't like have happened in the past surrounding this and that's the players that have been offered to the manager by Levy, and when. I'm more comfortable with the manager sending out scouts with a player profile they want. I think Levy having his group of agents offer him players has only paid off once and it was VDV.

I don't want Levy anywhere near player recruitment, or actual football matters, even down to manager selections (bit fucked right now because we haven't got a DoF).

Back
Top Bottom