Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Watch this space I reckon in 2 or 3 days poch will be our new manager, zidane will take over PSG, Alegri will be at Madrid.
With all the rumours suggesting Allegri wants the Madrid job, and Zidane not confirming his future, that's a real possibility. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Zidane go to Juventus.

100%. The only players who can remain in that system are Lloris, Hojbjerg, Son and Kane. Maybe Reguilon.

Skipp coming in suits that system well.
This may sound like heresy but I don't think that 2021 Kane and Son would fit in too well either. Their individual pressing has declined a lot over the last few years. Kane's in particular following all the ankle injuries.

We need attackers that can initiate the early press. Poch's teams press as a unit so we cannot have 1 or 2 players not taking part in it.

They can still press in a different press system, I just struggle to see them going back to pressing like they did in our prime years.

You have to count everyone signed as ultimately he'd have the final say. I'd say Dier, Davies, Son, Toby, Alli, Trippier and Wanyama were all either decent or excellent. Some did an all right job like Llorente. The rest were pretty poor. I think he needs a talent scout to come in if he does come back.

Pretty sure Alli was a Pleat special, and the like of Dier were bought in as "potential" players by the club.

There is a definite split in the success of signings under Poch of early/late in his tenure, coinciding (I think) with his promotion from Coach to Manager.

People slate Levy for not backing him, but forget he also had veto on buys and apparently declined any player he didnt think was an absolute upgrade.

None of its ever black and white, certainly not as much as people like to think - but I do certainly hold reservations on Pochs eye for a player.

I'm all on board now and if it doesn't happen I'm gonna feel devastated..

Just imagine the first game back at home with a fresh squad and fans singing 'he's magic, you know'

I'M READY TO BE HEARTBROKEN AGAIN!

I love the way SSN snuffed it out as a story.... cos clearly doesn't fit their narrative of Kane leaving!

Poch can't come back... because Neymar... because M'Bappe.... waaaahhhhh!
Well he couldnt win Ligue 1/CL with THEM, same as he couldn't win the CL with Kane, Eriksen, Dele Son, Toby/Jan, Hugo etc.... So why is it so unlikely?
... is anyone joyously calling PSG 'bottlers'... like they did with us? I don't hear it!

I am not saying that Poch is coming back.

I am however fairly certain that Gary Neville is furiously trying to call him to tell him to stay away.

#ITK

The problem PSG have is that Mbappe has one year left on his contract. They need something or someone to convince him to extend that or he will have to be sold this summer and for a low fee. Would bringing in Zidane make him extend? That's something that PSG might well be exploring, so Poch will be looking for a new job as a result.

Very odd how this seems to be picking up steam.
Not really.

Spurs are probably the absolute best at keeping a lid on things, nothing gets out - so the press have nothing to go with.

Today its Poch, a few days ago Sarri, a few days before Martinez...

One person makes one comment on a podcast, another reports it, everyone circulates it as if its their news, gets clicks for a few days until the next name pops up.

Poch failed to win the league 2 days ago, at a hugely expectant club (and to an outright underdog as well) and so its pretty obvious there is speculation on his position and a link to us, IMO.

By Thursday itll be someone else.

Last edited:
Not really.

Spurs are probably the absolute best at keeping a lid on things, nothing gets out - so the press have nothing to go with.

Today its Poch, a few days ago Sarri, a few days before Martinez...

One person makes one comment on a podcast, another reports it, everyone circulates it as if its their news, gets clicks for a few days until the next name pops up.

Poch failed to win the league 2 days ago, at a hugely expectant club (and do an outright underdog as well) and so its pretty obvious there is speculation on his position and a link to us, IMO.

By Thursday itll be someone else.
Zak Dingle I heard.

Ah yes, Mick McCarthy...
R734af4428ed75d2b3d30f0767efb8ac4

You guys know I had to do it to 'im.

Back
Top Bottom