Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
If Poch does go this season, I very much hope he gives an honest and transparent account of his relationship with Levy and any ways in which he may have been constrained. The worse case scenario is that no manager in the world could take us to the next level, simply due to the upper structures in the club.
Exactly coming with the comments Levy made re stadium and financial situation anybody who comes in, if anybody will have the same restrictions! The clubs long term future is far more important the scenario could be a new manager could agree to work within the restrictions until he gets his feet under the table then starts to rebel the kind of thing Mourinho would/has done in the past but unless we become world beaters in a short space time if anybody tries that they won’t last long.

I can see why some are calling for him to go and someone made a very good point in that you could say he is just an Argentinian version of Redknapp and can only take Spurs so far but I still would say it’s only the end of September and I still think he deserves the rest of the season to try and iron things out. Not saying I’m right, I still think it’s time to see where he takes us between now and May.
The thought of Mourinho replacing him brings me out in a cold sweat though.

Let's face it, the natives (players) are getting restless. If something isn't done to halt this slide then many will start to get itchy feet. There is obviously something sadly awry with lines of communication from management to squad. The longer this situation is allowed to continue the more the likes of Kane and Son will be looking to cash in while they can and make lucrative moves to clubs with a better chance of giving them the success they seek (and also richly deserve).
We run the risk of seeing our merry group disband until there is not even a basic core of talent on which to build.
Now the club can continue to pretend it's just a blip, they can continue to believe that Poch is the man to lead and they can continue to sit and wait for things to turn around or they can face reality before the future blows up in everyone's faces.
I honestly believe that is how critical things are.

Before today I would say everyone that voted yes was overreacting, but now even his biggest supporters have to admit that something is seriously wrong with this team.

If he doesn’t turn it around by Christmas he should go, IMO. If top 4 becomes in jeopardy Levy will have to sack him.

Before today I would say everyone that voted yes was overreacting, but now even his biggest supporters have to admit that something is seriously wrong with this team.

If he doesn’t turn it around by Christmas he should go, IMO. If top 4 becomes in jeopardy Levy will have to sack him.

Other than John Thomas, all his biggest supporters fucked off at full time and havent been seen since.

Same when Eriksen plays shit...only posting the good stuff, but cant face the facts staring at them.

Yeah how could anyone work with an academy that produced two England internationals, that build the most advanced training facilities in the world, the most modern stadium, investing over a billion, spending 450M on players in 5 seasons and still staying financially and morally healthy.

Poor Poch, if only we spent 200M on Barkley, Schniderlin, Bony and Berahino back in the day.
An he's gone on to be possibly the best manger in my lifetime, my suspicion is there is a ceiling.

John Thomas John Thomas

Your opinion on Poch's game management today please.
To be honest I don't really feel qualified to comment.

I share your long held view, brother, that you've made clear in hundreds of previous posts that Poch is a fantastic manager who's worked tirelessly and miraculously to keep this team punching above its weight.

:dierpochhug:

And I know your'e too bright to fall into the trap of thinking a great manager became a shite manager overnight.

So whatever he chose to do tactically, I'm not gonna even pretend that I know better.

All I know for sure is that the rot started to set in after the summer of discontent.

That's more telling than a substitution here or a tactical switch there

Last edited:
Other than John Thomas, all his biggest supporters fucked off at full time and havent been seen since.

Same when Eriksen plays shit...only posting the good stuff, but cant face the facts staring at them.

giphy.gif

Have any of those who voted NO initially changed their vote lately?

I haven't but I'm also rapidly leaning towards the what best for the football club line. It's tough but I feel we are a little robotic at the moment, a little too set in our ways and it all feels like a re-run. Have we held onto a few players for too long? It certainly feels that way when I watch us repeat the same thing we have for a couple of seasons now.

The biggest let down of the season is Eriksen. Yes we know and he knows he's leaving so why doesn't he just enjoy his last season with us knowing what's coming?

Nothing is clicking at the moment, from new signings down to old guards like Vertonghen, Dele, Eriksen, even Kane apart from that blinding 45 minutes where he looked prime time Kane again. For the life of me I don't see how Poch could stick Dier, Wanyama and Skipp on the same bench and not put Dele on it or even Parrott.

It feels like Poch is irritated about something and let's be honest most of us are getting a little irritated with him. He needs to stop talking, it's disrupting things around the team. It's painful and I do still back him, I think he deserves all the time to get this going again but I feel with Eriksen completely mugging the club off at the moment coinciding with Lo Celso getting that hammer blow injury at the worst possible time that today was a key game to take pressure off. The next 3 are crucial, we simply need to win all 3!

Have any of those who voted NO initially changed their vote lately?
Yep, voted No on the basis the international break would settle us down and we would really get going afterwards, Palace somewhat proved to be the false dawn, it’s now into 20 odd games to be honest and that isn’t a blip anymore it’s a problem.

Poch has risen the bar over the past few years and a hearty handshake more than deserved, but we are way short of that bar right now, have been for a while, victim of his own success perhaps!!

When you look at the stats, his head is already on the block. They are truly awful.

People saying, "Give him until the end of the season" are dreaming. What benefit does that bring Tottenham? There will still be a severance package and even his biggest of fans can't imagine he will be here next year.

I'd say he has another month or two, depending on how the CL goes. If we still look bad after that, he needs to go, no ifs, no buts, no loyalty.

I'm gonna make a call to my family later and come out the closet as a Poch Outer. I think they've probably suspected for a while and it'll be relief for them to hear me admit it.

Back
Top Bottom