Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Let's face it, the natives (players) are getting restless. If something isn't done to halt this slide then many will start to get itchy feet. There is obviously something sadly awry with lines of communication from management to squad. The longer this situation is allowed to continue the more the likes of Kane and Son will be looking to cash in while they can and make lucrative moves to clubs with a better chance of giving them the success they seek (and also richly deserve).
We run the risk of seeing our merry group disband until there is not even a basic core of talent on which to build.
Now the club can continue to pretend it's just a blip, they can continue to believe that Poch is the man to lead and they can continue to sit and wait for things to turn around or they can face reality before the future blows up in everyone's faces.
I honestly believe that is how critical things are.

Okay, I get the points you make but Kane and Son missed presentable chances today.

Are they not culpable if we use your conditions?

Something is wrong and the problem, although I do honestly favour a season's overview is that it seems to go beyond mere confidence.

We have too many players who will not be better than what they have been, individually or it seems collectively.

So Pochettino has to reshape and I am not yet convinced the players believe he can do it.

Last edited:
When you look at the stats, his head is already on the block. They are truly awful.

People saying, "Give him until the end of the season" are dreaming. What benefit does that bring Tottenham? There will still be a severance package and even his biggest of fans can't imagine he will be here next year.

I'd say he has another month or two, depending on how the CL goes. If we still look bad after that, he needs to go, no ifs, no buts, no loyalty.
Sad but true.

As others have said in here Levy will not want to fire Poch. Poch has delivered beyond expectations during a strained period for the club with all the infrastructure projects and Levy will want to give him time. But if we are still struggling by Christmas his hand will be forced by the rest of the board and Lewis most likely.

When you look at the stats, his head is already on the block. They are truly awful.

People saying, "Give him until the end of the season" are dreaming. What benefit does that bring Tottenham? There will still be a severance package and even his biggest of fans can't imagine he will be here next year.

I'd say he has another month or two, depending on how the CL goes. If we still look bad after that, he needs to go, no ifs, no buts, no loyalty.
CL should not be a measuring stick here, he should be judged only on league form and results....
If this was Woolwich we would be laughing our bollocks off at them if we are truly honest and harshly judging Emery, In fact we’d be chanting about giving Emery a new deal or wanting him to stay...We are showing blind loyalty here, THFC comes before any player or manager!!

CL should not be a measuring stick here, he should be judged only on league form and results

Financially, it is, and that's what will matter to the board/Levy. There is a huge bonus if we get out of the group stages. If Poch manages that, Levy isn't going to sack him any time soon.

I agree, if we were doing shit in the league I would want him gone regardless.

I've pulled out a couple of bullet points here. I'm sure you'll forgive.

So if all that matters is silverware (I agree this should be a significant benchmark) you'll agree with me that we don't have a top chairman either.
In fact we have the worst owners in the clubs history using your metric.
So what makes you think a regime with such a diabolical record could or would attract a top manager to turn us into winners?
Agreed!

The point of a football club is not to about having great profits, if profits is all its about then Levy should be running a retarded sounding clothes shop. The point of a football club is to win things. And in almost 20 years under this chairman weve won fuck all. But of course its not the poor little bald midgets fault for years of underinvestment into the squad (except this one last window). Its everyone else around him.

Agreed!

The point of a football club is not to about having great profits, if profits is all its about then Levy should be running a retarded sounding clothes shop. The point of a football club is to win things. And in almost 20 years under this chairman weve won fuck all. But of course its not the poor little bald midgets fault for years of underinvestment into the squad (except this one last window). Its everyone else around him.
You could give poch man citys squad and he would win fuck all because he ain't good enough tactically to beat the best. The man will never win a trophy in his managerial career

Its the year 2041. 79 year old Daniel Levy and 105 year old Joe Lewis celebrate the 40th anniversary of their WHL takeover with a tribute to the legendary 2008 carling cup heroes.

Meanwhile, on TFC, sammyspurs and others start an online movement to have manager Harry Winks sacked as the clubs fruitless quest to build on the heroics of 2008 continues.

Just looking at this away slump. Its 7 of the last 9 in the league lost and two drawn.

We have conceded a succession of late goals in 6 of those 7 defeats.

In the 2-1 loss at Burnley, their winner was in the 83rd minute.
In the 2-0 loss at Chelsea, the Trippier own goal was in the 84th minute
In the 2-1 loss at Southampton, their equaliser was in the 76th minute and winner in the 81st minute
In the 2-1 loss at Liverpool, the Alderweireld own goal was in the 90th minute.
In the 1-0 loss at Bournemouth, their winner was in the 91st minute
In the 2-1 loss at Leicester today, they equalised in the 69th minute and get their winner in the 85th minute.

Throw in blowing a 2-0 lead at Woolwich and again at Olympiakos during the week.

Its just not good enough.
Yeah there’s a real trend there mate, we seem to be very vulnerable to late goals and pressure, you gotta question the mentality of the players IMO. If we concede an equaliser at the mo my money is that we lose more often than not or like the city game where VAR saves our skins and we barely hang on. One more trend from those games you have listed is individual errors that lead to goals. Worrying

You could give poch man citys squad and he would win fuck all because he ain't good enough tactically to beat the best. The man will never win a trophy in his managerial career
And thats your guess. Great. But he is still young as a manager and many years to manage. Levy's had this club for almost 20 years and failed to win anything of significance.And its not like hes been stuck with poch, hes hired and fired many many managers and still go us to win almost fuckall.

Its the year 2041. 79 year old Daniel Levy and 105 year old Joe Lewis celebrate the 40th anniversary of their WHL takeover with a tribute to the legendary 2008 carling cup heroes.

Meanwhile, on TFC, sammyspurs and others start an online movement to have manager Harry Winks sacked as the clubs fruitless quest to build on the heroics of 2008 continues.
If any world class manager would of had this exact same squad the last 3 years they would of won stuff

If any world class manager would of had this exact same squad the last 3 years they would of won stuff
Shame on Levy for not appointing him then?

And which world class manager would be happy to go 500 days with 0 new players.
Had us qualifying for the champions league during 2 seasons away from home.
And worked with a sell to buy policy that prevented the squad from pushing on to the next level.

People seem to think it's every top managers wet dream to work with Daniel Levy.
I don't think its quite that simple

Last edited:
And thats your guess. Great. But he is still young as a manager and many years to manage. Levy's had this club for almost 20 years and failed to win anything of significance.And its not like hes been stuck with poch, hes hired and fired many many managers and still go us to win almost fuckall.
Young as a manager he has been managing 10 years how long does he need? If he is at any other big club he is sacked by now. Not saying levy isn't to blame for things over the years but not this with poch. He isn't a top level manager and it is really showing

Back
Top Bottom