Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Theres a reason why Leicester were 5000-1 to win the title. Sure it can happen but once in 5000 years . So just another 4997 years to go?

We had one of the leagues best squads under Redknapp too. Wed future and past Real Madrid players in Bale, Modric and VanderVaart. But still nowhere near winning the title.

If you think finances dont make a difference then you are just being you and we can stop talking.

So it was just bad luck that they beat us - got it. It’s not his fault the likes of United, Chelsea and Liverpool win silverware and also not his fault when lesser clubs do so.

The Redknapp team was no where near as good as this one but one thing that this and that side had in common was that it should have won a trophy when it did not. We have often been the richest team in the Europa league - how do you account for our defeat to Gent? How did they beat a club whose finances are light years ahead of theirs?

The problem with you is that you are convinced the only way to build an elite team is through spend. The likes of A Madrid and Dortmund have proven this to be nonsense and even when we have one of the most valuable sides in the global game you still pretend otherwise and revert back to the whole we need to spend more narrative.

Last edited:
And that’s what he’s gradually doing to Lucas and what he did to Soldado, KWP
Booooo. Poch the villain. Poch the traitor.

pitchforks.gif

Baz well and truly on the bandwagon

70 out of 172 blame Poch rather than under investment.

So clearly a lot of people are prepared to give him time which I get. He has earnt our loyalty.

But I think his mind is already on what happens next. As are too many of the players.

Would you go with 70% Poch and 30%Levy?
As you know, I say it as I see it. Impartial and unwavering.

The general collapse in our fortune lies squarely at the door of Levy.
Failing to back the most promising manager we've had in decades was scandelous.

In his own words Poch achieved Levy's targets well ahead of schedule against a backdrop of no home stadium and meagre squad investment.
He then proceeded to pull his fuckin pants down with the humiliation of giving him 0 new players when he publicly begged for more investment.

Since then, our fortunes have turned.
I think Poch has probably become disallusioned and its playing out in his tactics and selections. So maybe Poch should take some of the blame for not being more forthright in his criticism of the board or not wwalking out when realising the game was up.

So to answer your question

85% Levy/ENIC 15% Poch

Edit: As for the 90% of this forum who ridiculed me and a few others for claiming all was not rosy in the Levy/Poch garden the last couple of years could at least now apologise and admit they were wrong. It takes a man with balls to do that.

Lets see. Who are the men with balls on this forum?

testicles-elder-male-dog-260nw-654593374.jpg

Last edited:
As you know, I say it as I see it. Impartial and unwavering.

The general collapse in our fortune lies squarely at the door of Levy.
Failing to back the most promising manager we've had in decades was scandelous.

In his own words Poch achieved Levy's targets well ahead of schedule against a backdrop of no home stadium and meagre squad investment.
He then proceeded to pull his fuckin pants down with the humiliation of giving him 0 new players when he publicly begged for more investment.

Since then, our fortunes have turned.
I think Poch has probably become disallusioned and its playing out in his tactics and selections. So maybe Poch should take some of the blame for not being more forthright in his criticism of the board or not wwalking out when realising the game was up.

So to answer your question

85% Levy/ENIC 15% Poch

Edit: As for the 90% of this forum who ridiculed me and a few others for claiming all was not rosy in the Levy/Poch garden the last couple of years could at least now apologise and admit they were wrong. It takes a man to do that.

Lets see. Who are the men with balls on this forum?

Anyone claiming us not buying players last season was a tactical planned masterpiece by Levy are mental.

Chickens are well and truly coming home to roost.

Poch isn’t helping himself in many ways right now. But he was hamstrung last season.

And now I just can’t see him lasting this season. Fully expect him to jump ship if another club comes knocking, and previously I never felt that would be the case, but now it feels that would be the best “out” for him and Levy.

Anyone claiming us not buying players last season was a tactical planned masterpiece by Levy are mental.

Chickens are well and truly coming home to roost.

Poch isn’t helping himself in many ways right now. But he was hamstrung last season.

And now I just can’t see him lasting this season. Fully expect him to jump ship if another club comes knocking, and previously I never felt that would be the case, but now it feels that would be the best “out” for him and Levy.
This...
  • Under investment - not to bring in the superstars but enough that keeps a bit of freshness coming in to the squad each window.
  • Parsimonious salary caps - by regularly tying key players into contracts with small wage increases. The players and the agents found out the plan and started refusing to sign.
  • Poch isn't actually as good a manager as everyone thinks. Great at taking a team and making them believe in his principles, but not so good at out thinking other managers.
There'll all to blame and for different reasons, but it's a bit pointless to start saying how the fans knew all along at this stage. Fact is, Poch and the Senior players need to step up in the next month - some leadership all around is what's required here.

was always a difficult fixture.Weds night Greece. Sat morning Leicester away.

Comfortably winning in both though. Our game management was appalling and can't be brushed off as nothing.

We're supposed to be one of the top teams in the world these days yet we are what 7 games into our season and have only one solid result/ performance to show for it. What a bunch of fucking tarts they've become!

• January To Late March - 16 games, 9 wins, 1 draw, 6 losses
    • Out of those 9 wins, 5 were at home.
    • Out of those 6 losses, 5 were away.

• Late March to Now- 20 games, 7 wins, 4 draws, 9 losses
    • Out of those 7 wins, 6 were at home. Our only away victory was away to Ajax.
    • Out of those 9 losses, 5 were away.

Total = 36 games, 16 wins, 5 draws, 15 losses.
when-a-stickied-post-on-rgifs-is-looking-for-classic-reaction-gifs-and-then-says-theyr-rreactiongifs-91654.gif

Back
Top Bottom