Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Couldn't have put it better! Get a grip folks, we made it to the Champions league final last season, Poch and the team are having a rough patch - the situation with the contracts of several of our players is really disrupting squad harmony. We will get through this, don't give up on the man!
Think the man has given up on us, just as much as fans are starting give up on him to be honest.

He’s lost interest, in his head the club should be going one direction, in reality the club are going another direction, and that combination only leads to one thing.....no direction at all.

This hasn’t just come down to a bad result at Leicester, In fact Leicester isn’t an easy place to go, but this goes back 6 months now, something like 18 points from 17 league games that’s the underlaying problem here.

We can bemoan VAR, we can bemoan Injuries, we can bemoan stadium change, fuck we can even blame the media & FA for hating us if we like, but this has got to a point where we are completely clueless, we have no formation that seems to work, we have no real rhythm to our play, the mentality has all but disappeared, and as I said after the Palace game 4-0 up at half time if they had anyone but Benteke up front second half we just about scrape that game too.......

I love Pochettino, he has given us a great run with 16/17 the standout season, wow.....but unless we turn back time and spend a fortune, we replace Levy or whatever, this is a desperate period in our premier league era considering the players available, player for player pound for pound, there is no more praising the overachieving, we are seriously underachieving now....

Surely there is a manager out there that can fulfil these players potential? There has to be? There is still so much to play for this season so now is the time to pull the trigger, not 6 games from now, don’t wait until we are at a point where we drive Pochettino out with hate and resentment like Woolwich did with Wenger, Pochettino deserves better than that.

To Dare Is To Do....well it’s time to Dare and Do

Thanks Poch, we owe you so much!!

Yeah I think you’ve got it spot on mate, I am not sure how many spurs supporters really in their heart of hearts want Poch out, the man is one of the only lights in the gloom at the moment. I am really really worried about our desire at mo, we seem so vulnerable to any sort of in game pressure, like the derby and the game in Athens, both teams score before half time and we shit the nest in the second half. It doesn’t seem to matter who plays either, the team just can’t seem to finish any opposition off and as soon as the other team exerts any kind of pressing or pressure...we crumble. I know it’s been said a million times..but..the transfer policy has to be looked at under the microscope for me, even the one just finished! We thought it was a good one but here we are with just 1 of those players on the park (who didn’t play well). I am worried, but I am keeping the faith in Poch...but he needs backed from all quarters, including from the boardroom.

That song is played out to be honest..... plus we shouldn’t be pinning our hopes on new signings “bedding in” that’s what desperate teams do, we are a Champions league team for what 5 years now? new players “bedding in” should be a bonus not a necessity.

Oh Yeah and why the f*** are we a Champions League team to begin with?? Oh yeah..

Think the man has given up on us, just as much as fans are starting give up on him to be honest.

He’s lost interest, in his head the club should be going one direction, in reality the club are going another direction, and that combination only leads to one thing.....no direction at all.

But all I hear from him in the media is talking about the next 'stage' or next 'step' with the club. He is aware there is rebuilding necessary, and he wants to steer the ship. Why do you say he has lost interest?

I’d give it til the end of the season then reassess the situation

Sorry, I don't mean to come off too angry or anything (just pissed off about the game) - I respect your right to have different view on the matters at hand.

But I just want to point out that you are marginalizing the whole issue here.
IT IS NOT 6 GAME ISSUE.
IT IS NOT EVEN 6 MONTH ISSUE.

How long does one have to scream here before he gets noticed - we have been on steady decline since mid 17/18 season. It has been going on for more than 1,5 seasons now. And it does not seem to get better.

I thoroughly enjoyed our blistering run to CL final. But are you suggesting that we could replicate this kind of scenario with how we are playing now?

I think there are 4 teams battling for 3rd and 4th and even though we lost today surely we are better than untied and Chelsea ? Maybe I got my spurs tinted Glasses on?

We’ll know if we are better than chelshit and the Mancs when we play them. I wont be holding my breath though!

Think the issue isn't just the on field stuff it's Poch himself. He's not the passionate young manager who was building something now. He built his squad and was in touching distance on winning everything and the board fucked him.

I believe he knows this and has become disillusioned with us, and it's infected the squad. He says a lot of strange shit in the press and you can only blame lost in translation for so long

It's either that or players like Jan, Erksen Toby with the contract sagas have corrupted the squad harmony whatever it is needs to be fixed. Since February we have been in relegation form it's not good enough and needs fixing.
giphy.webp

That's a great post , mate.

Things start to fall apart, as some of us predicted in the summer of '18, and its all the managers fault. Or the players. Or both.

But those same people apportioning the blame still somehow justify Levy's status as by far the highest paid chairman in English football.

Why? How to they justify such an abomination? Why does the cunt at the top always get a free pass?

But all I hear from him in the media is talking about the next 'stage' or next 'step' with the club. He is aware there is rebuilding necessary, and he wants to steer the ship. Why do you say he has lost interest?

In your heart of hearts do you really see the same Poch on the touch line that we saw against Ajax in the semi?

He was literally talking about leaving the club if we won the final. Well, we didn’t win the final, we lost in the most embarrassing fashion. I’m not sure he’s really got over that. I don’t see a hungry, energised guy, I see a manager who is a little bit surprised he is still here and isn’t really enjoying his work.

Oh Yeah and why the f*** are we a Champions League team to begin with?? Oh yeah..
We were a CL team before Poch

He has been great but why are fans speaking of us as if we were Everton or West Brom before he arrived?

We had incredible CL performances under Redknapp and even AVB had great spells.

Back
Top Bottom