Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
They are going through something very similar to us. A team that peaked under one manager, didn’t sign anyone last year, key players are now past their best and the handful of new signings they made aren’t enough to refresh the team. Lots of injury problems and a frustrated manager.

It will be interesting to see how things develop at both clubs this season. Our poor form must be doing tremendous damage to Poch’s prospects of a top job.

Didnt they lose Ronaldo though...

I suppose from the outside it would be quite funny, although not that funny as at the end of it the club would implode.
Let them laugh. We will console ourselves with the glory of the 1-0 (pen) win over Wolves in the Carabao Cup and a sixth place finish. Onward and upwards!

And that's all that fucking matters to you, that you've been proven to be right.

What a cunt!

Some on here have been hyping up Hassenhutl, last night his team were spanked at home. To Bournemouth. Does that result put Howe in the box seat to replace Poch? What happens when they next lose? Going to move onto the next bright shiny thing?

We have a top manager in place but he's in the midst of a painful rebuild whilst Levy is still holding back transfer funds.

Can we just get behind the team? Can some of you stop acting like whiney self-entitled Gooners all the time?

We win today and we move up to second. Second!

Some of youse are acting as if were bottom of the league with 2 points after 8 games!

:pochfacepalm:

All that matters to me is that this club achieves silverware - that it reaches its potential when has a team of the quality it has had over the last 5 years. Yours is to defend this particular manager regardless of the circumstance because you clearly believe he is bigger than the club.

You fantasists that endlessly live in this glorious tomorrow are completely oblivious to the fact that this once in a generation opportunity has been squandered with primarily the manager to blame. How this team hasn’t managed to win a thing is borderline criminal and even when the team has reached the end of its life cycle you have the gall to come on here and claim Pochettino is a top manager and that other parties are to blame.

He isn’t a top manager, he has never been that. Like Redknapp he is a good one whose status has been elevated way above his talent by a talented squad and is now starting to be exposed by that squad maturing.

It’s an absolute disgrace the club is associated with supporters like you - to put an employee interests a head of the club is shameful. Perhaps we can lose such cowards like you in the fanbase when he does move on.

343c9cc8649a0c285f5d7f955ea098dc.gif
Just about sums it up my mate.

All that matters to me is that this club achieves silverware - that it reaches its potential when has a team of the quality it is had over the last 5 years. Yours is to defend this particular manager regardless of the circumstance because you clearly believe he is bigger than the club.

You fantasists that endlessly live in this glorious tomorrow are completely oblivious that a once in a generation opportunity has been squandered with primarily the manager to blame. How this team hasn’t managed to win a thing is borderline a crime and even when the team has reached has moving into the end of its life cycle you have the gall to come on here and claim Pochettino is a top manager and that other parties are to blame.

He isn’t a top manager, he has never been that. Like Redknapp he is a good one whose status has been elevated way above his talent by a talented squad who is starting to be exposed by that squad maturing.

It’s an absolute disgrace the club is associated with supporters like you - to put an employee interests a head of the club is shameful. Perhaps we can lose such cowards in the fanbase when he does move on.

The same cunts that will have the knives out for any new manager after one month while cry wanking for Pochettino

#realfanz

If Pochettino does go, please, please not Mourinho.
Whatever he had back in the day, he doesn’t have it any more.
Him and Levy is never going to happen.

Someone makes SAF reference, it’s pointed out SAF started better, so now it was different back then
I was trying to make a point but I made it in a stupid way. To me that list came across like something really harsh as if you were desperate to convince people that Poch should be sacked/leave. I don't think he's the only problem here. Everyone needs to hold their heads in shame, from players to the chairman. I mean ffs just look at how we played against Palace and the next week we were shite in Champions League. This can't happen because the manager is burnt out. The players (especially the old guard) are at fault aswell.

If Pochettino does go, please, please not Mourinho.
Whatever he had back in the day, he doesn’t have it any more.
Him and Levy is never going to happen.
Hold fast young pilgrim . Nothing is going to be happening in the near future. 3 winnable games between now and the end of October. Let's see where we are then but Poch and some senior players at the club need to stand up and be counted.

Why should Levy be out? Poch was good.

Now not so much. When a new option comes up, or we look like missing out on top 4 I’m sure Levy will do what’s needed.
No other top 6 owner would have kept a manager this long without winning anything.

Those are your words, not mine.

So either Levy should fuck off for showing such a lack of ambition as to keep a trophyless manager here for so long

Or

He realises there aint a better manager out there that would work under the constraints he imposes.

Surely its one or the other? I think its the latter. Maybe you should just put your balls on the table also and say which you think it is rather than squirming around like a little kid needing a piss

Last edited:
Negativity from me! You're the one jumping on the populist Poch out bandwagon pal. (how unsurprising is that, from you).

No that’s very surprising for me

Pal!

I’ve been singing his praises for over three years and all you can do is whine about Levy

I asked you for something constructive but you’ve decided to get personal

Fine

Whine away to your hears content and wallow in it

I’m done with you

I was trying to make a point but I made it in a stupid way. To me that list came across like something really harsh as if you were desperate to convince people that Poch should be sacked/leave. I don't think he's the only problem here. Everyone needs to hold their heads in shame, from players to the chairman. I mean ffs just look at how we played against Palace and the next week we were shite in Champions League. This can't happen because the manager is burnt out. The players (especially the old guard) are at fault aswell.
When a player is not selected what can he do to affect the game ? When a player is substituted and taken off how can he continue to influence the game ? When a player is told to go on with only five minutes of play left (plus injury time) how is he supposed to in any way affect the match result ? When the manager keeps giving the media negative vibes from his press releases how does that motivate the squad ?
Please, please can we stop looking to lay the blame off and put it squarely where it belongs...on Poch's doorstep.

Back
Top Bottom