Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
I am starting to worry about poch and have this sinking feeling....we are going to end up with Mourinho which will be a total disaster imo...come on poch save yourself and our season, PLEASE

Meh. The usual platitudes. Happy with the effort, good reaction from the players after the balls-up during the week, we were the better team for 83 mins, we need to work harder/improve/whatever.

Anything about the mental attitude?

I am starting to worry about poch and have this sinking feeling....we are going to end up with Mourinho which will be a total disaster imo...come on poch save yourself and our season, PLEASE
No it won't be disaster, if Jose accepts the job then he knows there is no money to spend as other clubs he's been and levy is recruiting so we won't have manu scenario on spending, he will steady the ship, win a trophy or two and pi** off. At least the club and players will learn how to win trophies and become better.
Poch hasn't won trophies and gets stuck.

Shit fullbacks are slaughtering Poch. He desperately needs fullbacks who can overlap. The only one that can and does is Rose and I can't believe how frequently Danny can't find a white shirt with a pass or cross.

Those modern day fullback positions are crucial and Poch doesn't have the ammo

Of course elite managers like Mourinho and Allegri are not going to be interested in having a limited budget, having to train young players, waiting for the club to sign players on deadline day etc. What's the point, it's not worth the hassle

However there are plenty of up and coming managers/coaches who would love the challenge of managing Spurs despite the financial restrictions compared to the big spending clubs. Levy will continue to employ these types. Hoddle, Jol, Ramos, AVB, Poch himself

Wow..€24 million a year for simeone, I think you may have that wrong mate. Where would they be getting all that money, especially on top of the brilliant squad they have to pay for...maybe you are correct and know probably more about it than I do, but that sounds a little high considering they regularly sell their best players to finance buying other players. In fact that's the way they have always worked even back to that dodgy owner who went to jail..
I promise you its true, when he renewed his contract in February it was all over the media here - sports, financial, general. What seems to be in doubt is whether the sum is gross or net. ABC, Spains oldest newspaper (think the Daily Telegraph) and extremely well regarded for sport seem to think its net, that the gross sum is €41 million. So do France Football, quoted here in an English piece on the highest paid managers...

The top five highest-paid managers in world football for the 2018/19 season

we knew the players were mentally weak in the leicster season, Poch even said it, but nothing has changed he has not got a mentally tough player in the team

Shit fullbacks are slaughtering Poch. He desperately needs fullbacks who can overlap. The only one that can and does is Rose and I can't believe how frequently Danny can't find a white shirt with a pass or cross.

Problem today was that even when Eriksen came on for 15min cameo he twice found himself unmarked on the wing and couldn’t deliver a half decent cross
And then there was the free kick.....

Last time I'll say it....Lucas Moura wants to hand in a transfer request now. It's obvious he doesn't fit into Poch's plans and he's just taking the piss putting him on as a last minute sub.
Good luck to him wherever he goes.....

That was fucking ridiculous today, Son or Kane should have been hooked at the 60 min mark

People think Mourinho would be good need their heads checked.

1 his relationship with Levy would be explosive.

2 having a very by his standards limited budget would piss him off and he would be off.

3 anti football is not our style. We’d have Dier and Skipp as a DM pair and be beating Everton with a last minute penalty. It would be AVB type football most likely.

No, no, no.

A lack of leaders are the clear and evident problem.

It's that simple.

Somebody on the pitch who makes demands on the other players.

He took over a team that finished a place above relegation and finished second in his first full season. Within three years he won the FA Cup, when it was still massive.
Poch took us from 5th to 4th in 6 years and won nothing
Yes but let's keep in mind the competition back then wasn't as stiff as it is today. Clough turned a small second division club into double European Champions Cup winners in a few years, if you want to compare more achievements. But that was two more decades before SAF took over Man Utd.

I'm very sad about our current predicament.
MP has turned us into Woolwich during the final years under AW.
The difference is that MP took only 5 years while AW took 20.
And the latter has actually won some trophies.

Danny being constantly asleep is a big problem but it’s the midfield that has been killing us. We are trying to play expansive, fancy football with a diamond midfield but using players without any defensive instincts or the amazing athleticism of prime Dier/Wanyama/Dembele. The way we let opponents run into giant spaces is unbelievable, as bad as Danny Rose was on the first goal, why has nobody tracked their RB into our box? Ndombele let him walk past him.

We are trying to play football that doesn’t suit our lazier, less mobile and less alert midfield. Until we can bring Dier back to life or sign a new DM, we need to start playing a different way. Let’s build a defensive unit and midfield that can keep a clean sheet and go from there. Even Pep had to fix his defensive structure before he could win anything with City, there’s no shame in that. You can’t run before you can walk.

Back
Top Bottom