Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Is this thread going to be ever present this season when we lose a game? Away to Man City, Woolwich, Leicester and Greece - that’s a pretty tough start to a season tbh in the first 7 games.

CALM DOWN PEOPLE!
It is tough, and if I’m not mistaken we are about as well off this season as we were last season, but Christ the whole shape and attitude around the performances are abismial, and it’s not just of course as simple as comparing the start of this season to last season like for like, we have to factor in this has been going on now for nearly 20games, not 6.......that’s half a league season, 9/10 managers would not survive it.....

Yes but let's keep in mind the competition back then wasn't as stiff as it is today. Clough turned a small second division club into double European Champions Cup winners in a few years, if you want to compare more achievements, but that was two more decades before SAF took over Man Utd.

Someone makes SAF reference, it’s pointed out SAF started better, so now it was different back then

People think Mourinho would be good need their heads checked.

1 his relationship with Levy would be explosive.

2 having a very by his standards limited budget would piss him off and he would be off.

3 anti football is not our style. We’d have Dier and Skipp as a DM pair and be beating Everton with a last minute penalty. It would be AVB type football most likely.
1. I don't think so. They apparently have a good relationship, but admittedly that is not a working one.
2. He wouldn't take the job without reassurances, plus the fact that he's still out of work might have dented his ego a bit.
3. On that point we agree.

I think he's just waiting for Perez to call.

It is tough, and if I’m not mistaken we are about as well off this season as we were last season, but Christ the whole shape and attitude around the performances are abismial, and it’s not just of course as simple as comparing the start of this season to last season like for like, we have to factor in this has been going on now for nearly 20games, not 6.......that’s half a league season, 9/10 managers would not survive it.....
no away PL wins since January 20th. I think I read Cardiff won more away games in the same period.

As soon as the match ended I just went for a long walk to the pub and sat and thought about it all. It was initially my decision not to vote on here until after the Liverpool match because I felt by then I would have a clearer picture of where this team was heading.
Now I could wax lyrically about player selections/team formations/tactics/substitutions and media management but it's all been said or will be stated over the next few days.
Suffice it to say that following this match I have voted today regarding 'Poch Out ?' and it was an emphatic YES
I've had enough.....

As soon as the match ended I just went for a long walk to the pub and sat and thought about it all. It was initially my decision not to vote on here until after the Liverpool match because I felt by then I would have a clearer picture of where this team was heading.
Now I could wax lyrically about player selections/team formations/tactics/substitutions and media management but it's all been said or will be stated over the next few days.
Suffice it to say that following this match I have voted today regarding 'Poch Out ?' and it was an emphatic YES
I've had enough.....
Now look what you've started. The PochIn vote has dipped below 86% for the first time. It's a bloodbath.

I promise you its true, when he renewed his contract in February it was all over the media here - sports, financial, general. What seems to be in doubt is whether the sum is gross or net. ABC, Spains oldest newspaper (think the Daily Telegraph) and extremely well regarded for sport seem to think its net, that the gross sum is €41 million. So do France Football, quoted here in an English piece on the highest paid managers...

The top five highest-paid managers in world football for the 2018/19 season
Wow..ok mate you are over there in the heart of it all so, i definately bow to your greater knowledge.
I have always respected the way athletico run things whilst dealing with the other 2 clubs..kind of wish we were more like them and think levy could learn a thing or two from them.

It could be worse - you could be stuck with Zidane.....

They are going through something very similar to us. A team that peaked under one manager, didn’t sign anyone last year, key players are now past their best and the handful of new signings they made aren’t enough to refresh the team. Lots of injury problems and a frustrated manager.

It will be interesting to see how things develop at both clubs this season. Our poor form must be doing tremendous damage to Poch’s prospects of a top job.

They are going through something very similar to us. A team that peaked under one manager, didn’t sign anyone last year, key players are now past their best and the handful of new signings they made aren’t enough to refresh the team. Lots of injury problems and a frustrated manager.

It will be interesting to see how things develop at both clubs this season. Our poor form must be doing tremendous damage to Poch’s prospects of a top job.

That’s a very good point and irrespective of Poch staying or going it’s clear that the next few windows are going to have to be big windows with the likes of Vert, Toby, Eriksen and others getting old or leaving.

We are at the start of a rebuild and it’s painful.

People think Mourinho would be good need their heads checked.

1 his relationship with Levy would be explosive.

2 having a very by his standards limited budget would piss him off and he would be off.

3 anti football is not our style. We’d have Dier and Skipp as a DM pair and be beating Everton with a last minute penalty. It would be AVB type football most likely.
People who think Mourinho would even contemplate working for a chairman who doesn't sign a single player for 500 days need a serious fucking head wobble

People who think Mourinho would even contemplate working for a chairman who doesn't sign a single player for 500 days need a serious fucking head wobble

I suppose from the outside it would be quite funny, although not that funny as at the end of it the club would implode.

As soon as the match ended I just went for a long walk to the pub and sat and thought about it all.

343c9cc8649a0c285f5d7f955ea098dc.gif

Back
Top Bottom