Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
No other top 6 owner would have kept a manager this long without winning anything.

Those are your words, not mine.

So either Levy should fuck off for showing such a lack of ambition as to keep a trophyless manager here for so long

Or

He realises there aint a better manager out there that would work under the constraints he imposes.

Surely its one or the other? I think its the latter. Maybe you should just put your balls on the table also and say which you think it is rather than squirming like a little kid needing a piss

We were on an upward trajectory though playing great football for three seasons. The rest of the time our football has waned, but we've achieved our targets.

The comment is not about Levy, its about the misconception that Poch would walk into the Utd or Liverpool job and win something ad improve them. He wouldnt. And teams that win stuff wouldnt accept the "miracle worker" nonsense you spout. He has the best striker in the world. Whats the miracle?

Why should Levy be sacked for showing the faith you want him to in the manager?
Our targets have not been winning the PL. But Citys and Chelseas are, and Poch would not have won the title there so hed be out.

Simple as that

Going to be a long season
That’s why I think the bullet should be fired now, give the fans something new to get behind, maybe, just maybe the right guy gets the contract terminators to rethink and most importantly Pochettino leaves on decent terms with a big thank you from all.....if we drag this out all season this things going to get ugly for everyone.

Just looking at this away slump. Its 7 of the last 9 in the league lost and two drawn.

We have conceded a succession of late goals in 6 of those 7 defeats.

In the 2-1 loss at Burnley, their winner was in the 83rd minute.
In the 2-0 loss at Chelsea, the Trippier own goal was in the 84th minute
In the 2-1 loss at Southampton, their equaliser was in the 76th minute and winner in the 81st minute
In the 2-1 loss at Liverpool, the Alderweireld own goal was in the 90th minute.
In the 1-0 loss at Bournemouth, their winner was in the 91st minute
In the 2-1 loss at Leicester today, they equalised in the 69th minute and get their winner in the 85th minute.

Throw in blowing a 2-0 lead at Woolwich and again at Olympiakos during the week.

Its just not good enough.

Going to be a long season

Yes it is and I thought it would be.

Last season's run to the CL final was as freakish as Robert Wadlow was tall amd masked gaping inadequacies.

Can Pochettino reinvemt himself and us? To me and given where he has lifted us, it would be right to let him try.

A season will be long enough to give that answer.

Yes it is and I thought it would be.

Last season's run to the CL final was as freakish as Robert Wadlow was tall amd masked gaping inadequacies.

Can Pochettino reinvemt himself and us? To me and given where he has lifted us, it would be right to let him try.

A season will be long enough to give that answer.

I get how you feel and I would love it if he turned things around but it seems to me that we’ve been treading water since January so he’s had enough time now so hopefully discussions are ongoing with RM

I get how you feel and I would love it if he turned things around but it seems to me that we’ve been treading water since January so he’s had enough time now so hopefully discussions are ongoing with RM

As long as we aren't seen as pushing him out.

Would not look good and might be hard to justify regardless.

It's becoming clearer and clearer he's got to go. Everything is stale, he's run out of ideas, has been reduced to blaming the players, is hampering youth development by sticking with tired old has beens. I don't know who we'll get in but it can't go on like this. I'm starting to dread watching us. It's become tedious and largely enjoyable. We seem like this year's Man Utd. They waited too long to make a change last season.

If Poch does go this season, I very much hope he gives an honest and transparent account of his relationship with Levy and any ways in which he may have been constrained. The worse case scenario is that no manager in the world could take us to the next level, simply due to the upper structures in the club.

All that matters to me is that this club achieves silverware -

He isn’t a top manager, he has never been that. Like Redknapp he is a good one
I've pulled out a couple of bullet points here. I'm sure you'll forgive.

So if all that matters is silverware (I agree this should be a significant benchmark) you'll agree with me that we don't have a top chairman either.
In fact we have the worst owners in the clubs history using your metric.
So what makes you think a regime with such a diabolical record could or would attract a top manager to turn us into winners?

Hold fast young pilgrim . Nothing is going to be happening in the near future. 3 winnable games between now and the end of October. Let's see where we are then but Poch and some senior players at the club need to stand up and be counted.
Firstly you score maximum points for calling me “young” 😀
I get your point but in the event of MP leaving, whatever the circumstances, I’d be rather disappointed, to say the least, if Mourinho rocked up at the gate and into the managers office.
Just to clarify, I’m not advocating Poch leaving, just putting my feelings on Mourinho coming in if it did happen.

The worse case scenario is that no manager in the world could take us to the next level, simply due to the upper structures in the club.

Yeah how could anyone work with an academy that produced two England internationals, that build the most advanced training facilities in the world, the most modern stadium, investing over a billion, spending 450M on players in 5 seasons and still staying financially and morally healthy.

Poor Poch, if only we spent 200M on Barkley, Schniderlin, Bony and Berahino back in the day.

So if all that matters is silverware (I agree this should be a significant benchmark) you'll agree with me that we don't have a top chairman either.
So what makes you think a regime with such a diabolical record could or would attract a top manager to turn us into winners?

Because this current ownership gave us the structure and team that was capable of winning major honours.

We have had that for 5 seasons, it doesn’t matter about market spend if a manager can’t win anything with the players Pochettino had.

Levy isn’t faultless by any means but for me he has delivered on our capital projects and delivered on giving us a team capable of winning the highest honours. If he is guilty of anything is believing he delivered on a providing an elite manager ( which he clearly does given the size of the contact he gave him).

The weak link in the chain is the manager, it hard to think of a more overrated person in the game at present.

Why do you expect silverware from the chairman but not from the players or manager?

If the guy that owns your company sees that you are not doing a good job, do you think he will sack himself for hiring you?

:pochcry:

Back
Top Bottom