Palace Vs Tottenham - FA Cup 4th Round.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh and in case you begrudgingly decide not to come back (I hope you do as I could honestly rip the piss out of you for hours!) remember, no eating crayons and keep those fingers away from your bum! Oh and no shitting on the sandbox, it's for making castles, not doing what cats do little Timmy.

See you champ and remember, tomorrow is Jelly and Waffles at School :freundgoal::freundgoal::freundgoal:
Are we calling this tragic cunt little Timmy from now on?

Connor Wickham marked his first start since November 2016 with a goal before a penalty by ex-Spurs midfielder Andros Townsend doubled the lead.

Spurs missed a penalty before half-time when Kieran Trippier blazed wide.

s-l300.jpg

DAN IS THE MAN
TottenhDAN IS THE MAN
ToDDAN IS THE MAN
TottenhDAN IS THE MAN
TottenhaDAN IS THE MAN
Tottenham fans are raging over lack of signings but Daniel Levy deserves respect
mDAN IS THE MAN
Tottenham fans are raging over lack of signings but Daniel Levy deserves respect
fans are raging over lack of signings but Daniel Levy deserves respectam fans are raging over lack of DAN IS THE MAN
sDAN IS THE MAN
ignings but Daniel Levy deserveDAN IS THE MAN
s respectDAN IS THE MAN
Tottenham fans are raging over lack of signingsDAN IS THE MAN
but Daniel Levy deserves respectDAN IS THE MAN
AN IS THE MAN
TottenhDAN IS THE MAN
TottenhaDAN IS THE MAN
mDAN IS THE MAN
fans are raging over lack of signings but Daniel Levy deserves respectam fans are raging over lack of DAN IS THE MAN
sDAN IS THE MAN
s respectDAN IS THE MAN
ttenhaDAN IS THE MAN
ToDAN IS THE MAN
TottenhDAN IS THE MAN
TottenhaDAN IS THE MAN
mDAN IS THE MAN
sDAN IS THE MAN
s respectDAN IS THE MAN
ttenham fans are raging over lack of signings but Daniel Levy deserves respect
mDAN IS THE MAN
sDAN IS THE MAN
s respectDAN IS THE MAN

Fucking hell Tim I told you out those crayons away!

We looked very close to winning the title in the 15/16 season at the older WHL than we ever have since forever. I find it very unlikely we will somehow become some elite club just because of the new stadium especially since we are now skint as a result of the stadium. What you are hoping for ..maybe it will happen some day (in a distant future) even it if looks very unlikely. So Im not going to laugh at you about it.

....Huh? Who's laughing?

Hey man, I'm not waving guarantees about....That's the hand that the club have chosen to play. I happened to think it was worth a crack... I'm waiting to see if it will come to fruition.

Still its not the end of the world if people dont like how easily we give up in some competitions. I find it particularly annoying that some will not only put their own heads in the sand and pretend everything is okay but melt about why others arent joining in this exciting head burying adventure.

"Head burying"?

Who's head burying?

If you're genuinely saying to me you'd be happy aspiring for less and getting say a domestic cup every decade then it's not for me to argue with that (sincerely!).

...But fuck all this bullshit from whoever; selectively calling us "big club" only to ultimately mock the club for being small time, accusing the chairman of embezzlement, rampant revisionism, straight up lying, acting all meek in their desires when it suits only for every other of their posts to betray their desire to spend big... Fuck all that... Hard.

I get called a "loser" & an "apologist" (not that on a deeper level I give a fuck!), cos I'm prepared to keep the faith in a project that has not timed out yet.

Think about that for a second; some are on a tear about all this even though a) we're ahead of schedule on the pitch and b) a couple of years away from the next 'check-point' in said project.

It's more than clear that ranging from stubborn cynicism to the extremes of "not one brick"; some just haven't even been prepared to give the stadium project a proper 'go' (and pls don't cite the delays this year we're talking year on end of the same negative poo-pooing and snide comments from the same people)....

Ok, maybe they have such liberty, but I ask (not for the first time in this thread) at what point does this indignation become real enough for the most vocal to ACTUALLY do anything about it? (Working example: How many protested a new stadium; Stratford or otherwise?)

'The Chief Nosher' has already declared he'll just carry on moaning.

DAN IS THE MAN
TottenhDAN IS THE MAN
TotDADAN IS THE MAN
TottenhDAN IS THE MAN
TottenhaDAN IS THE MAN
mDAN IS THE MAN
sDAN IS THE MAN
s respectDAN IS THE MAN
DAN IS THE MAN
TottenhDAN IS THE MAN
TottenhaDAN IS THE MAN
mDAN IS THE MAN
sDAN IS THE MAN
s respectDAN IS THE MAN
N IS THE MAN
TottenhDAN IS THE MAN
TottenhaDAN IS THE MAN
mDAN IS THE MAN
sDAN IS THE MAN
s respectDAN IS THE MAN
tenhaDAN IS THE MAN
mDAN IS THE MAN
sDAN IS THE MAN
s respectDAN IS THE MAN

On a serious note you little freak I'm genuinely going to bed now, it's been fun Tim don't be a stranger

Bonne nuit dipshit, it's been emotional :love:

Lets get this right. Some gooner idiot joins the forum and starts to hand out abuse to all and sundry about our loss to Palace? He is most likely laughing at home in front of his laptop/PC/mobile device about how funny he is when in fact, all he has done is confirm what we all knew after the first post, which is that Afc2019 is a complete and utter clueless, friendless, joyless cunt.

Bin this twat.

(Edit: he's now spamming the thread, fucking hell. Embarrassing)

This is the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen.

Those posts still make more sense than half the cunts on here, why does it have to take the equivalent of an Independence Day gooner invasion before the people of the world unite for good?

Before he got here there were enough people on here ripping the shit out of each other all with stupid opinions, this place is basically uninhabitable when we lose now

Those posts still make more sense than half the cunts on here, why does it have to take the equivalent of an Independence Day gooner invasion before the people of the world unite for good?

Before he got here there were enough people on here ripping the shit out of each other all with stupid opinions, this place is basically uninhabitable when we lose now
With friends like us, who needs enemies?

Yes I think there is.

To me such a team has pace and goal threat up front, a reasonable defence and a decent balance in midfield but with a real creative spark.

We are not a cup side I feel and this season I don't feel a side that is a particularly strong league side, although stats and 3rd place suggest otherwise.

I look at us this season and up until this week I mostly see obdurate.

I'm not asking you about style of play or your reflections upon Spurs themselves (yet). Nor the literal sense of who has the most.]

I'll start again.

Are you aware of the traditional notion of the proverbial "cup team"?

By my reckoning/recollection you'd be assumed to be referring about upper mid-table teams (pre-europe slot etc.).... Teams not quite good enough for a league title challenge, but safe and still considered good enough for a deep run, if not a trophy....

Back in the day: Us, Everton, Woolwich, Villa... whoever fits that bill for you, but funnily enough teams that also have a decent cup record.

Transpose that today and I suggest that turn of phrase would have never taken hold. Look at who's usually left within 2 rounds of EPL involvement; we're usually down to 3 of the top 5 or 6 and a couple of others contrary to form or logic (freakishly seeming to be relegation strugglers).

Every year it's the same; the teams deemed to be 'good for a cup' run but not much else do fuck all.

Is it not fair to say that (broader than Spurs) the emphasis/prioritization has changed with regard to the the domestic cups...?

If so I think we have two 'arguments' here:

1. Are we as fans mad with the club/manager/players for, in simple terms not saying 'fuck the money and the long-term, the fans want any trophy'?

or

2. Are we mad at football for being the commercial shit-house it is today.

I'd like to think we can keen them separate whilst this whole 'autopsy' continues to take place.

Random additions:

- Time of year of the early rounds of the FA CUP is a bitch if you got anything else going on.
- If we'd have won the League Cup this year we'd have had to beat WHam/Arse/Chavs/City in succession...

Back
Top Bottom