Palace Vs Tottenham - FA Cup 4th Round.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So with the money we made on Dembele that fee becomes 30 million?

If we can't match the money Bournemouth are spending in the transfer market then we are truly fucked at improving on this squad.

"To Dare Is To Do" is fast becoming a fucking joke, and before anyone mentions the cost of Danny Boy's new gin palace, i was led to believe that transfer funds were "ring fenced"?

Well we could match what Bournemouth are spending but looking at their last few transfers, Solanke for £19m, Lerma for £25m, Diego Rico for £11m, Clyne on loan, Chris Mepham for £12m would you be happy with those kind of players?

Also we literally sold Dembele a week ago, the lack of patience I see from some fans is alarming. The club has had to fork out how much more money due to the stadium delay? Rumours are we are currently losing around £1m per game due to these delays but nothing's for certain.

Our club, literally a month or so ago went to the Nou Camp and got a draw with a team glittered with the likes of Messi, Ousamane Dembele etc yet apparently the shit is hitting the fan.

7 points above Woolwich & Manchester United, 3 seasons in a row in e Champions League, 4 points clear of Chelsea how many years have we all supported the club where we would have given anything for so many steps forward?

The club will soon have the 2nd biggest stadium in the Country, behind only Barcelona, Real Madrid & Manchester United when it comes to the current top 10. The extra revenue,mfanbase, stature of the club is on the cusp of changing, as a supporter base we have to be patient, support the club and back them instead of acting like petulant, sulky, moaning fans who want it all and want it now (not saying you are one, just my general feeling towards a fair few I've seen on social media etc)

Apart from Eriksen, all of our absolute linchpins are tied to the club. Toby is great but we all knew his situation a couple of years ago and defensively we haven't exactly been iron wall like this season.

If we don't keep this group together so be it, we've lost the likes of Berbatov, Modric, Bale etc in the past and still developed further as a club than we were with them. The stadium was a must,me as fans need to accept this and just get back to supporting the team instead of getting sucked in by all this pathetic outside noise or moping around some choose to succumb to.

I remember seasons when 2 away wins were seen as a great achievement in my eyes, this year with all the doom and gloom we've only lost 2, smashing our record in the process and it's not even February yet. Let's just see what happens in the future as it's out of our hands but I like to believe and do believe we are heading for some exciting times that herald in a new era for the club. We've just got to bide our time, stick at it for a while and all will be good

Not sure whether its i'm still numb from Thursday,but i couldn't get the hump yesterday.
Don't get me wrong,i am gutted we are out of the Cup, but i didn't get wound up like i normally would.
I don’t think anyone in the stadium was wound up. We can all see the side we had and, with the injuries, the result was not unexpected. For me, the fact that it wasn’t Chelsea (who I hate more than anyone) probably helped in a weird way.

I don’t think anyone in the stadium was wound up. We can all see the side we had and, with the injuries, the result was not unexpected. For me, the fact that it wasn’t Chelsea (who I hate more than anyone) probably helped in a weird way.

Yer joking.
First half there were punches being thrown, i got shoved in the back making my way into the concourse just before half-time for no reason, fuck knows who did it.
Had enough and me and my mate fucked off out of there half-time.
The league game there was alright though even with that rain.

bus-conductor bus-conductor

You ok mate ?
You haven't posted for a few days.

Where's the post match thread.

Sorry mate, busy. Synopsis:

For what it's worth, I don't think it was a catastrophic performance at all, considering our schedule and injuries etc.

We've had 71% of the ball, they just did that usual Hodgson schtick, bus park, counter etc, we gave them a couple of soft goals head start, then missed some sitters and a pen and, surprise surprise, without our four most creative and productive players failed to score.

KWP fucked up, he'll learn, would have learnt a lot more by now if we hadn't had to spend the last two years watching Aurier fuck about. And Skipp has played 3 senior games but already looks a much more competent midfielder than Dier and Sissoko.

Apart from that we didn't really learn anything new. Moura is a pea brain with quick legs. Lamela has some ability, but is erratic and runs like a gazelle on PCP. Llorente would have been great for us in 1953.

The team is built around Kane’s unique skillet - very few players can do what Kane does (scoring, passing, hold up play, and so on). Almost anyone else coming in is going to look shit because they aren’t Kane and it disrupts he the team attacks because of it. May as well buy a young up and coming talent or just have youth players on the bench.
6912367-m.jpg
???

He is allowed to win the FA Cup you know.
Top 4 doesn’t depend on Lloris being rested.
Gazzaniga cost us key goals in these two games as did Vorm in the semis

Levy didn’t forbid him.
It’s Pochs choice to take it seriously or not.
This year injuries have been a major factor, but not in the past. Just piss poor tactics
Playing devil's advocate re: the goalkeeper, I think the point of dropping Lloris in the cups is to keep Gazza fit, hungry, happy and ready to play in the eventuality of Hugo getting injured.

He is allowed to win the FA Cup you know.
Top 4 doesn’t depend on Lloris being rested.
Gazzaniga cost us key goals in these two games as did Vorm in the semis
Righto.
The only one out of the 4 he could be questioned over was Cante's goal, which took two deflections before it went through his legs - personally, I think any member of the goalies union would argue that those shots are almost impossible to stop.
Palaces first. he did well to get to the first shot, after that it was bad luck/Foyth & Sanchez could have been sharper

Poor analysis IMO

Righto.
The only one out of the 4 he could be questioned over was Cante's goal, which took two deflections before it went through his legs - personally, I think any member of the goalies union would argue that those shots are almost impossible to stop.
Palaces first. he did well to get to the first shot, after that it was bad luck/Foyth & Sanchez could have been sharper

Poor analysis IMO

I thought he was poor on Kantes...looked like an outfield player that went in goal, and the first Palace goal was an awful parry.

Sadly he offers nothing from penalties either so that’s two keepers that can’t save them.

I have got a lot of time for Gaz but talk of replacing Lloris looks premature after the two cup games imo

Righto.

Poor analysis IMO
I am a member of the goalies union and the Kante goal was a poor one, he got nothing behind it.
I can overlook that one though as he has had some very good games.

The Palace one, I don't blame him at all but it has to be said, if it was Hugo people would talking about "weak wrists".

He is a good shot stopper and has great distribution but he doesn't seem to command his area. He has looked a bit hesitant at times.

He is a very good keeper but at age 27 you have to ask why he has never been first choice at a top league team, apart from one season at Vallecano.

I am a member of the goalies union and the Kante goal was a poor one, he got nothing behind it.
I can overlook that one though as he has had some very good games.

The Palace one, I don't blame him at all but it has to be said, if it was Hugo people would talking about "weak wrists".

He is a good shot stopper and has great distribution but he doesn't seem to command his area. He has looked a bit hesitant at times.

He is a very good keeper but at age 27 you have to ask why he has never been first choice at a top league team, apart from one season at Vallecano.

I think he's been a great little signing for the rumoured money he supposedly cost.

When you consider that Ward cost Leicester £12.5m to be their backup goalie Gazza's shown great value as an initial 3rd choice keeper.

Got a fair bit to learn even though he's 27 but if goalkeepers peak late I'm intrigued as to what he could become if a few things get worked on & first team experience gained

I think he's been a great little signing for the rumoured money he supposedly cost.

When you consider that Ward cost Leicester £12.5m to be their backup goalie Gazza's shown great value as an initial 3rd choice keeper.

Got a fair bit to learn even though he's 27 but if goalkeepers peak late I'm intrigued as to what he could become if a few things get worked on & first team experience gained
I'm not saying he's a bad keeper, on the contrary.

Can he improve ? Of course he can and I hope he does and it seems he has the right temperament to do just that.

I think he is a very,very, very good 2nd keeper, but at the moment that's what he is.

Back
Top Bottom