Palace v Spurs 11th Sept 12:30 - Selhurst Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s gonna be a long season.

Yep I think so too.

Not because the squad doesn't possess talent but because it has no leaders and only a few that care.

I am only glad we kept Kane because he tried to fcuk us over but he simply does not give a fcuk.

No surprise today although I hoped we might steal a win.

And not even that disappointed because I have such a low bar of expectation for this season and next.

We are not doing a Raducanu this season and people need to steel themselves for many more performances and results like this.

We have zero attacking identity under him yet.

We cannot play through a press or transition the ball from back to front effectively.

It’s 9 points from 12, but we’ve been the worse side in 3 of the 4 games so far.

Need to see much more. In spite of the injuries, the midfield trio he picked today is borderline criminal.
I agree with all that (bar City, the wins papared over clear tactical deficiencies imo), apart from the MF.

That MF, against this palace side (not very good at all), could have coped fine today, if we had the right 3 in front of it to put proper pressure and impose a genuine threat.

If you're only real chance of a goal is Kane, you do everything to facilitate him.

Keeping Dele on did the opposite.

Keeping Gil on the bench, (who could have) that's what was criminal.

If you insist on keeping Dele on (for whatever nutso reason), go 4231 and put him at 10, take off winks and stick Gil on the left.

You then have more of a support system for your most lethal threat.

That would be the progressive thing to do; but Nuno seems conservative.

I was excited when he said we need to "finish the actions" when we got into the final third, and execute.

But his actions today betrayed his words.

I'll be fair and give him time, but I'm just not very impressed.

Nuno fucked it up, no hiding from this. Davies and Winks should get Aurier'd. Kane played like shit. Feel sorry for Reguilon and Lucas, the only 2 players who cared. Emerson couldn't handle Zaha, and that is worrying...

Sweet, capitulation to wrap up the morning. Wonder how much Palace paid for Edouard? Great way to introduce yourself to the PL with a brace.

Comms jsut said 14M. Probably beneath our world class levels would you say Art Vandelay Art Vandelay ?

Even with the injuries, Nuno had other options and chose this.

Went bad. Didn't make a sub. Got worse.

Up there with the worst managerial performances of the past two seasons.

That's one of the worst displays from Spurs i've seen in the last decade.

Brighton under Poch wasn't worse than that.
Nah, that Brington match was horrifying from start to finish. This one you can at least say we were down to 10 men and were missing several key pieces in our squad.

That Brighton match was a horror show from start to finish.

"To Dare Is To Do" says Nuno.

Then selects a pathetic defensive line-up, and leaves all our creative players on the bench.

Nuno's motto today was "To Dare Is Too Risky".

FFS
Yeh we played like pussies. That's what happens when you pick pussies like Winks. You get a team of fucking cowards.

Japhet MOM for me, the only one who showed any bollocks out there today.

He has the most winning goals in the past season or so of any PL player. He could have had an impact. Our biggest impact player IMO..not Kane.

With how the team performed today from back to front, he's likely to have done fuck all. But having him on the pitch would have at least helped Kane to feel less alone and helpless.

Back
Top Bottom