Palace v Spurs 11th Sept 12:30 - Selhurst Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think he changes the side too much. One of gil or lucas to start over bergwijn I'd say but that will be it injuries permitting.

Do we expect to see Romero and Emerson start against the happy clappers?

Important game to keep the momentum up before a tough game against the chavs
Is he going to be available now then with Gio and Sanchez? Thought that lot will miss the game.

I read a report that we had agreed with their nations that they would fly back after the first game, and so would be out of quarantine in time for the Palace game, not sure how true this is, or what the national teams get out of it.

I think I heard* on one of the pods (LWOS or Extra Inch, can't remember which) that they might just play the first two games and be back for Chelsea, but again I don't know how reliable that is. If they're out there already you'd think Argentina would want them for the second match which is against Brazil.

*Or I could have imagined the whole thing as I was half asleep on the train to work yesterday when I was listening.

Shit totally forgot about that, I thought the premier league weren’t releasing players for this?
The league and teams cannot block players from going on international duty. All they can do is convince the players not to go. The Brazilians all agreed to stay but the Argentines and Colombians reported.

The current plan as I understand it is that the players will fly to a resort in Croatia that has a training ground to isolate after the games. And then fly in to London after quarantine. Because you do not need to quarantine if flying in from Croatia but if they came from Argentina they would be locked up in a airport hotel for 10 days.

Do we expect to see Romero and Emerson start against the happy clappers?

Important game to keep the momentum up before a tough game against the chavs
We shouldn't really change a winning combination. Dier and Sanchez have played well let them continue this run for a bit until one of them has a stinker and then Romero will come into it.
Same with Japh. We've had three clean sheets so would be silly to start tinkering with it.

[FORMATION=433, Lloris, Emerson, Tanganga, Dier, Reguilon, Hojbjerg, Skipp, Dele, Lucas, Kane, Son][/FORMATION]

Bench: Gollini, Doherty, Rodon, Davies, Ndombele, Winks, Bergwijn, Gil, Scarlett

Presuming Romero, GLC and Sanchez are unavailable

We shouldn't really change a winning combination. Dier and Sanchez have played well let them continue this run for a bit until one of them has a stinker and then Romero will come into it.
Same with Japh. We've had three clean sheets so would be silly to start tinkering with it.
Depends on when Sanchez reports back from international duty.

I think he went off to join Colombia but I've only seen confirmation of the Argentines going.

Back
Top Bottom