Palace (A) 25-Feb. 12PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apart from that I didn’t do that did I?

We played poorly, with players like Aurier putting in one of the worst performances I have seen from one of our players in quite some time. I and others commented on that, why wouldn’t there be comments on our performances?!

And what are we supposed to do here
exactly, remain silent in order to avoid upsetting the perpetually offended? Not happening.

Do you think people like to read this stuff? What purpose does it serve?

Jesus Sanchez

My god Aurier

Time to get Lamela off

No fucking 70th minute changes today

Seriously Aurier fuck off

Jesus Christ Harry

Come on Poch for fuck sake

My god it’s criminal that Aurier is still on the pitch

Poch is taking the piss here

It’s will be the usual 70th bullshit from Poch

If we win this it will be a miracle

80th minute to bring on Son. Top stuff that

Aurier’s performance is one of worst I have see a Spurs player give

Kane having a stinker as well

I said it would be a tough close match as it always is against Palace. it was but would not have been if we had taken our chances. I expected to concede which we did not and although the threat was always there it never materialized into a real threat. Several players were below their best including Dembele after all his rave reviews as he was disposed a few times as was Wanyama. Not sure what it is this year with previously first team players taking a while to get up to speed after injuries (Wanyama, Rose & Alderweireld)
We got the 3 points we so richly deserved and are now back in top 4.

Do you think people like to read this stuff? What purpose does it serve?

What are they supposed to read, oh dear that was regrettable but jolly good effort anyway.

It’s a live Spurs games thread what do people seriously expect? If some get offended by this then it is probably not the best place for them because invariably if a player does something stupid then it will meet with a negative reaction.

When Sanchez has one of his moments my response is almost always that. Does it mean he is a bad player no, does it mean that he should be sold, no. It’s simply frustration at poor play, that is it.

When a proffesional footaballer has 3 foul throws in one game, puts in that standard of performance and was avoiding the ball at the end they deserve all of the criticism for it.

Disgusting narrative from the BBC

Dive, dive, dive
Dele Alli was involved in another diving controversy with 16 minutes remaining.

"He's probably half a foot away from Wayne Hennessy when he's dived into him," former Premier League striker Steve Claridge said on BBC Radio 5 live in reference to the England midfielder's dramatic tumble over the Palace keeper.

Alli was not shown a yellow card by referee Kevin Friend on this occasion - he has already been booked twice for diving this season - but he might prefer to avoid social media for a while after his latest fall.

Disgusting narrative from the BBC

Dive, dive, dive
Dele Alli was involved in another diving controversy with 16 minutes remaining.

"He's probably half a foot away from Wayne Hennessy when he's dived into him," former Premier League striker Steve Claridge said on BBC Radio 5 live in reference to the England midfielder's dramatic tumble over the Palace keeper.

Alli was not shown a yellow card by referee Kevin Friend on this occasion - he has already been booked twice for diving this season - but he might prefer to avoid social media for a while after his latest fall.
Hahahahaha how the fuck was that a dive? Just pathetic really.

What are they supposed to read, oh dear that was regrettable but jolly good effort anyway.

It’s a live Spurs games thread what do people seriously expect? If some get offended by this then it is probably not the best place for them because invariably if a player does something stupid then it will meet with a negative reaction.

When Sanchez has one of his moments my response is almost always that. Does it mean he is a bad player no, does it mean that he should be sold, no. It’s simply frustration at poor play, that is it.

When a proffesional footaballer has 3 foul throws in one game, puts in that standard of performance and was avoiding the ball at the end they deserve all of the criticism for it.

I would expect a mix of appreciation for good passages of play and criticism where warranted. To read your comments without seeing the game one would assume we never created a chance or completed a pass, let alone won the game in the last minute in difficult circumstances. We didn’t shine today, but we kept going, didn’t lose our heads, and got the result we deserved against a team who for large periods of the game played with 10 men behind the ball.

Liniker last 8 1990 WC vs Cameroon Twice in the last 8 minutes (if I remember right) got two pens and won the game 3-2 and has since admitted he dived on both. Shearer , the Man Utd wanna be but didn't have the bottle and now just says the opposite to be controversial twat. Wish the BBC would get rid of them both.

I think I upset little baby Lineker and his fans. I got banned on twitter because I called him a virtue signaling cunt.

I would expect a mix of appreciation for good passages of play and criticism where warranted. To read your comments without seeing the game one would assume we never created a chance or completed a pass, let alone won the game in the last minute in difficult circumstances. We didn’t shine today, but we kept going, didn’t lose our heads, and got the result we deserved against a team who for large periods of the game played with 10 men behind the ball.

Which is what happens, in a game such as the United win it was almost universal praise when we put in a labour performance like we did to today then the reverse will be true. That’s the nature of the beast. I think we were fortunate today but as I stated in that very thread any win will do.

It does however enjoy nazism for some weird reason.

(Trying to report a nazi account on twitter almost never results in it being shut down)

To be honest it’s the same thing for far leftists. They say the same extreme things and never get banned. Twitter is where cesspool like to congregate.

It's not like verbal throw away comments in the heat of the moment the guy has had to turn his phone on probably type in a pin to unlock it, go on internet browser, if tfc isn't his home page he has to type it into the browser then type all that out. Effort.

Back
Top Bottom