Palace (A) 25-Feb. 12PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our perseverance is great but it wouldn't be paramount if our players could finish. How many games have they played and then afterwards said "on other day it would have been 4, 5, 6 even 7"? I appreciate that they won't take every chance and I also appreciate that they won't score 4 every week but going back to united I feel like the lads should have scored more in every match that they've played. Even against liverpool son missed a 1v1 and kane missed the first pen and against Juve kane missed that sitter of a header. They really need to work on converting chances. Can't afford to miss 2 or 3 sitters every game when it will cost the team points and/or goal differential; which will be important at the end of the season.

Happy with 3 points but they do make it hard for themselves

Brazilian Theo doing well
Nice to see Lucas has come on and added nothing to the match then..
Eriksen has stunk the place out today.
fuck off with the pot shots
this is crap
Amazing how Dier can even make a pass as stupid as that.

Foyth is barely 20 and I don't think I've seen him do something so stupid.

:avbfacepalm:

Our perseverance is great but it wouldn't be paramount if our players could finish. How many games have they played and then afterwards said "on other day it would have been 4, 5, 6 even 7"? I appreciate that they won't take every chance and I also appreciate that they won't score 4 every week but going back to united I feel like the lads should have scored more in every match that they've played. Even against liverpool son missed a 1v1 and kane missed the first pen and against Juve kane missed that sitter of a header. They really need to work on converting chances. Can't afford to miss 2 or 3 sitters every game when it will cost the team points and/or goal differential; which will be important at the end of the season.

Happy with 3 points but they do make it hard for themselves
Agree totally and as you say it's not about expecting to win by 4 goals every week.

It's hard to bash Kane but the point is valid. Should easily have had 2 goals yesterday, and in all fairness a hat trick.

Yes we won, but would people be so calm if it stayed 0-0?
Can't just look back with hindsight and say the sloppiness is ok. We are on a great run, but it's the lack of clinicalness in games that's the reason we are battling in out with Chelsea and Utd. Two sides we really should be comfortably in front of.

One thing that surprised me was hearing that's our best unbeaten run since 1999, I've since looked up the results - in the league we went:

26-Dec-98 FA Prem 23,098 A Coventry City D 1 - 1 Campbell
28-Dec-98 FA Prem 36,053 H Everton W 4 - 1 Ferdinand, Armstrong (3)
09-Jan-99 FA Prem 28,204 A Sheffield Wednesday D 0 - 0
16-Jan-99 FA Prem 32,422 H Wimbledon D 0 - 0
30-Jan-99 FA Prem 29,396 A Blackburn Rovers D 1 - 1 Iversen
06-Feb-99 FA Prem 34,376 H Coventry City D 0 - 0
20-Feb-99 FA Prem 34,687 A Middlesbrough D 0 - 0
27-Feb-99 FA Prem 35,392 H Derby County D 1 - 1 Sherwood
02-Mar-99 FA Prem 28,580 H Southampton W 3 - 0 Armstrong, Iversen, Dominguez

:dembelelol: who ever said the football was dull under George Graham?!

One thing that surprised me was hearing that's our best unbeaten run since 1999, I've since looked up the results - in the league we went:

26-Dec-98 FA Prem 23,098 A Coventry City D 1 - 1 Campbell
28-Dec-98 FA Prem 36,053 H Everton W 4 - 1 Ferdinand, Armstrong (3)
09-Jan-99 FA Prem 28,204 A Sheffield Wednesday D 0 - 0
16-Jan-99 FA Prem 32,422 H Wimbledon D 0 - 0
30-Jan-99 FA Prem 29,396 A Blackburn Rovers D 1 - 1 Iversen
06-Feb-99 FA Prem 34,376 H Coventry City D 0 - 0
20-Feb-99 FA Prem 34,687 A Middlesbrough D 0 - 0
27-Feb-99 FA Prem 35,392 H Derby County D 1 - 1 Sherwood
02-Mar-99 FA Prem 28,580 H Southampton W 3 - 0 Armstrong, Iversen, Dominguez

:dembelelol: who ever said the football was dull under George Graham?!
I remember that spell well, went to quite a few of the matches. We had 5 matches v Wimbledon in 4 weeks. Urgh.

(The Everton, Watford and Leeds wins were all good though tbf. Esp the latter with great goals from Gin and Sicknote).

I believe this is our first late match winner of the season. Only other I can think of was Son in the CL but I think that was before 80'. Seems like in the past few seasons weve had loads so it was nice to finally get one. Important 3 points.

Despite our record against them, nothing ever comes easy in a crystal palace matchup. Always play us tough and we usually need a moment of magic to get the 3 points.

I believe this is our first late match winner of the season. Only other I can think of was Son in the CL but I think that was before 80'. Seems like in the past few seasons weve had loads so it was nice to finally get one. Important 3 points.

Despite our record against them, nothing ever comes easy in a crystal palace matchup. Always play us tough and we usually need a moment of magic to get the 3 points.
did we not get a late win against swasea?

watched half that game saying "this has 0-0 all over it", give us our dues we dug deep and pulled off the win. Thought we were pretty awful, passing was way off, CE had his worse game in a while... but that's ok, we need to grind out wins when we don't play so well. Lets hope they realise it was a lucky escape and up their game for the run-in.

Agree totally and as you say it's not about expecting to win by 4 goals every week.

It's hard to bash Kane but the point is valid. Should easily have had 2 goals yesterday, and in all fairness a hat trick.

Yes we won, but would people be so calm if it stayed 0-0?
Can't just look back with hindsight and say the sloppiness is ok. We are on a great run, but it's the lack of clinicalness in games that's the reason we are battling in out with Chelsea and Utd. Two sides we really should be comfortably in front of.
It's why the old adage is so true, that you'd be more concerned if we WEREN'T creating chances...
Fact is, we are... and plenty of them.

I know not all chances are gonna go in, but the more you create, the better the odds of scoring one or two (especially with Harry around!)
You can't score from chances you don't even create... so for now, let's just be happy with what we've got.

It's why the old adage is so true, that you'd be more concerned if we WEREN'T creating chances...
Fact is, we are... and plenty of them.

I know not all chances are gonna go in, but the more you create, the better the odds of scoring one or two (especially with Harry around!)
You can't score from chances you don't even create... so for now, let's just be happy with what we've got.
I'm delighted with what we've got, but its those wasted chances which continue to make us runners up and nearly men....when we drew with Burnley we should have been 4 up.

Oh for those two points now eh....?

Tide has to turn. This team is too good to be dismantled later as a trophyless one.

Was in row 2, there was a few people shouting criticism at Aurier after the third foul throw, he would have been able to hear them as he was right in front of us at the time. A bit shameful really. It's one thing letting off steam at a player, another when the player can actually hear you.

Was in row 2, there was a few people shouting criticism at Aurier after the third foul throw, he would have been able to hear them as he was right in front of us at the time. A bit shameful really. It's one thing letting off steam at a player, another when the player can actually hear you.
He was getting pretty bad abuse. Showed good mental strength to keep going and pull through. I really think he’s got a lot of raw talent but he needs some decent time with Poch in pre season and a lot of work with the coaches. He is frustrating to watch at times, but people have to understand he’s come from a bad place and this league is quite different to the slow and pretty shite Ligue 1.

He was getting pretty bad abuse. Showed good mental strength to keep going and pull through. I really think he’s got a lot of raw talent but he needs some decent time with Poch in pre season and a lot of work with the coaches. He is frustrating to watch at times, but people have to understand he’s come from a bad place and this league is quite different to the slow and pretty shite Ligue 1.
If the team can get in three solid weeks of intensive training after the world cup. If he resounds to that better than the few days at a time they were having throughout the season, as well as match experience.

Back
Top Bottom