Olympique de Marseille VS Tottenham Hotspur. Tuesday 1st November. UEFA Champions League. 8PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair, I meant the 'gone for it' as a more generalisation, but the point im trying to make it we are staying in games now. We need some more quality in certain positions to implement Conte's tactics but I would say we are a massive work in progress still.

First half's are a horrid watch at the moment, but who really cares when you're picking up wins? Conte has to be setting the team up like this. Every 2nd half is 9 times outta 10 so much better. Fans have just gotta have more faith and stop with the nonsense of wanting a manager sacked every 5 mins.
I see where you’re coming from. And maybe this is a long term game plan to hopefully start blowing teams away in 2nd half of the season. I just don’t get how we can go from some of the class football we were playing at the end of last season vs this.

What a rollercoaster it was really. First half has shite as it gets. 2nd half ex woolich Kolasinic misses the sitter, last kick of the game we making it two and top the group. I don’t what to say, somehow miraclously we too the group in the end. Needed a kick in the backside yet again to start going.

This. There are a few fans that take any hint of criticism as some sort of personal insult. Its football fandom reduced to a blinkered cult. We were abysmal first half, just like against Bournemouth and indeed most matches this season. But you can also praise the charachter and fight that more often than not we can dig it out and do have pretty good 20/30 minute spells in games which show we can play. This limited good play does cost us against better teams as we've seen against Man U, Woolwich and Newcastle. I still feel there is a good side waiting to get out but they need to be let off the leash more.
We need to be braver on the ball in first halves and occasionally have some quiet spells on the ball. That's how you get through the press. Second halves the intensity drops and the game is there to be won.

:contelol:

jzbQNs.png

After that dreadful first half , you’ve got to take your hats off for the second half performance . If only we can do that for the whole game , we could give anyone a game .
The intensity and aggression in that second half was a joy to behold . Having Bissouma sitting , allows PEH and Bentancur to get forward and gives us other options . Oh and to win the group with the last kick of the game , it’s the stuff of dreams . Spurs through and through !
Enjoy the win guys ,we done it

We were missing some top players tonight. Kulu, Richey, Romero and son.
Add them and some new signings in January and it will be different after the World Cup.
Also perhaps all these matches where we have to dig ourselves out will stand to us later in the season when we have to dig deep in more important matches no.

I don't mind a disagree mate honestly. I do feel that we could have won 3 nil if the better tactics had been used and we played more.on the front foot. Maybe not 3 but certainly a way more comfortable win than we just saw.
But it wasn't tactics, it was fear of failure

Who instils fear of failure as a managerial concept? If you are too scared to fail then you become too scared to try.

You are attacking the right source but for the wrong reasons

I just don't understand this mentality that you can't criticise the team even when they have put in another dogshit half.
You can criticise the team, the manager, the players, the owners....

BUT WE JUST PROGRESSED TO THE LAST 16 OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!

If you can't enjoy that for an hour unbridled then I don't understand why you're following ANY football team.

My smile is ear to ear tonight. (Tomorrow or Thursday I'll worry about RWB, tactics, No. 10 etc. etc. etc.)

COYS!!!!!!

Lenglet more or less confirmed in the interview that they were playing not to lose until they went one down.

Slightly concerning that Lenglet said they didn't know how to play in the first half.
As usual, better second half, though still not great to be honest. We were a bit lucky but I guess it sets up well for next year - just need a few more additions.
I heard it as more the second one-- not that they were playing not to lose, but that they didn't know how to play. Sounds like they were missing Conte more than anything else. Credit to them for finding a way forward for the 2nd half.

Back
Top Bottom